**October 2016 Check-in!**

A thread for people going in October for Halloweentime...!!! :teeth:

Feel free to add yourself in to chat about events or plans you may have during your trip to Disneyland in October!!!

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

-oktracy:Sept 30th-Oct 2nd
-kabbie: Sept 30th-Oct 4th: Hilton Anaheim
-jammyjam25: 2nd-7th: DLH
-TamaraH: 2nd-7th: GCH
-goofyfan13: 2nd-8th: Courtyard Anaheim
-Kindermouse: 3rd-7th: Desert Inn & Suites
-bbarens: 4th-7th
-AussieCaribou: 4th-8th
-redkop1969: 4th-9th: Camelot Inn & Suites
-Minerva Mouse: 4th-10th
-heybets30: 5th-8th
-MikeRx: 8th-14th: GCH
-
n2theluz: 9th-13th: Grand Legacy
-Manapua: 9th-14th: Marriott Courtyard
-Cloei_13: 9th-15th: GCV
-Alacrity: 9th-15th: DLH

-LoveMyTwoGIrls: 9th-16th
-whoopsiedoodle: 10th-15th
-WestMom2two: 10th-15th: DLH
-TehGhostHost: 13th-16th: DLH
-Canadian Harmony: 13th-17th: Desert Inn & Suites
-bfost87: 14th-17th: Stovall's Inn
-Lebestiole: 14th-20th: Castle Inn & Suites
-dreamerkath: 15th-19th: Desert Inn & Suites/DLH
-lalasmama: 16th-18th
-karen1987: 16th-21st: Park Vue Inn
-PixieT78: 16th-21st: Tropicana
-akmomesq: 16th-22nd: VGC
-anniebean: 17th-21st
-gsrieff: 18th-22nd: Tropicana

-lorijohnhill: 18th-22nd: GCH/Camelot Inn
-tinkerbelletreasure: 19th-22nd
-AlohaNow: 22nd-27th: FFI
-lightsofmine: 22nd-29th
-Meglet76: Oct 22nd-Nov 1st Desert Inn & Suites
-nikerbokers:23rd-25th: Desert Inn & Suites
-loveswdw: 24th-29th GCV

-BatBunny: Oct 24th-Nov 2nd
-KOUKLI: 26th-31st
-klacy1: 28th
-Corpsebride: 31st
-princesszelda: TBD: Park Place Inn
-dec2009mama
: TBD
-DisFan84: TBD
-PJHuntleyCO - aka PJHDisFan -October 13 - 16th - Disneyland Hotel

Current number of members: 44

Here's a quick link to the most up to date information on Halloweentime as it comes in.
Nothing yet for this year, but we can look through past years. Helpful in planning and getting excited:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/halloweentime-at-dlr-superthread-4-no-news-for-2016-yet.3270919/

A thread for people going in October for Halloweentime...!!! :teeth:

Feel free to add yourself in to chat about events or plans you may have during your trip to Disneyland in October!!!

:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum:mickeyjum

-oktracy:Sept 30th-Oct 2nd
-kabbie: Sept 30th-Oct 4th: Hilton Anaheim
-jammyjam25: 2nd-7th: DLH
-TamaraH: 2nd-7th: GCH
-goofyfan13: 2nd-8th: Courtyard Anaheim
-Kindermouse: 3rd-7th: Desert Inn & Suites
-bbarens: 4th-7th
-AussieCaribou: 4th-8th
-redkop1969: 4th-9th: Camelot Inn & Suites
-Minerva Mouse: 4th-10th
-heybets30: 5th-8th
-MikeRx: 8th-14th: GCH
-
n2theluz: 9th-13th: Grand Legacy
-Manapua: 9th-14th: Marriott Courtyard
-Cloei_13: 9th-15th: GCV
-Alacrity: 9th-15th: DLH

-LoveMyTwoGIrls: 9th-16th
-whoopsiedoodle: 10th-15th
-WestMom2two: 10th-15th: DLH
-TehGhostHost: 13th-16th: DLH
-Canadian Harmony: 13th-17th: Desert Inn & Suites
-bfost87: 14th-17th: Stovall's Inn
-Lebestiole: 14th-20th: Castle Inn & Suites
-dreamerkath: 15th-19th: Desert Inn & Suites/DLH
-lalasmama: 16th-18th
-karen1987: 16th-21st: Park Vue Inn
-PixieT78: 16th-21st: Tropicana
-akmomesq: 16th-22nd: VGC
-anniebean: 17th-21st
-gsrieff: 18th-22nd: Tropicana

-lorijohnhill: 18th-22nd: GCH/Camelot Inn
-tinkerbelletreasure: 19th-22nd
-AlohaNow: 22nd-27th: FFI
-lightsofmine: 22nd-29th
-Meglet76: Oct 22nd-Nov 1st Desert Inn & Suites
-nikerbokers:23rd-25th: Desert Inn & Suites
-loveswdw: 24th-29th GCV

-BatBunny: Oct 24th-Nov 2nd
-KOUKLI: 26th-31st
-klacy1: 28th
-Corpsebride: 31st
-princesszelda: TBD: Park Place Inn
-dec2009mama
: TBD
-DisFan84: TBD
- PJHuntleyCO: Oct 13th - Oct 16th - DLR

Current number of members: 44

Here's a quick link to the most up to date information on Halloweentime as it comes in.
Nothing yet for this year, but we can look through past years. Helpful in planning and getting excited:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/halloweentime-at-dlr-superthread-4-no-news-for-2016-yet.3270919/

Travel Dates finally finalized...

October 9 to 23, Desert Inn and Suites.

A little later than usual, but yay Halloweentime!

It's looking like our days at Disneyland will be 10/5 and 10/6. We won't buy our tickets until the Halloween party dates are out as it'll make planning a bit easier. I did the priceline bid, and "won" Knotts Berry Farm Hotel for 60.00 a night. We'll be there for three nights/four days. Then heading to San Diego on the 7th. Fingers crossed for a Halloween party landing on the 9th.

We celebrated our son's birthday yesterday (he'll be two tomorrow :sad:) and he was gifted 125.00 in Disney gift cards for the trip, rather than get toys, close family and friends that asked what they should give him, we gave the suggestion of gift card) and he'll have an opportunity to pick out his own toys while were there without emptying our pockets :)

118 days until we're in CA! Any tips on doing the parks or flying- with a two year old? Fortunately the trip from PDX to LAX isn't too long.

We celebrated our son's birthday yesterday (he'll be two tomorrow :sad:) and he was gifted 125.00 in Disney gift cards for the trip, rather than get toys, close family and friends that asked what they should give him, we gave the suggestion of gift card) and he'll have an opportunity to pick out his own toys while were there without emptying our pockets :)

118 days until we're in CA! Any tips on doing the parks or flying- with a two year old? Fortunately the trip from PDX to LAX isn't too long.

I got you updated on the group list. The gift cards are a great birthday gift idea! I might have to make the same request for myself. ;)

We flew with DS from PDX to LGB when he had just turned 3. We were nervous because he was a very busy toddler. It was a little over a 2 hour flight, and it actually went really well. We had gotten him a leap pad and headphones to occupy him...but it turned out that Jet Blue had individual tvs for each seat and he just watched nick jr. the whole way! Electronics save the day...go figure. :rolleyes1

I got you updated on the group list. The gift cards are a great birthday gift idea! I might have to make the same request for myself. ;)

We flew with DS from PDX to LGB when he had just turned 3. We were nervous because he was a very busy toddler. It was a little over a 2 hour flight, and it actually went really well. We had gotten him a leap pad and headphones to occupy him...but it turned out that Jet Blue had individual tvs for each seat and he just watched nick jr. the whole way! Electronics save the day...go figure. :rolleyes1

Yay! That makes me feel better. We plan on bringing the ipad and tomorrow when we give him his birthday gifts, he'll be getting a sweet pair of toddler headphones. I'm absolutely prepared to spend the 8.00 Southwest charges for wifi lol. We bought some travel packs that include coloring crayons, stickers and coloring book for 1.00 at Target in their dollar section so we'll stock those up until we go.

I have been reading up on a lot of the old halloween/fall threads and blog posts and i have really started drooling over all the seasonal pumpkin favorites that have been available in past years and likely will be back in October. I am nutty for pumpkin desserts/drinks/soups/everything! I never like to get many desserts or snacks in parks but as look at these pumpkin foods I dont think ill be able to stop myself. yikes I would have been better off not know they were available.

so i'm off to figure out more ways to save and put more money in our disney savings jar. it looks like my food budget isn't going to be enough.

Joining in on the fun...I will be there Oct 1-4, staying at DLH with the Gay Days rate. It will be me, DS8, my mom, my sister and my 3yo nephew. My sister hasn't been to DLR in 17 years and this will be my nephew's first trip. He is a massive Cars fan so he will go crazy for Cars Land! We also plan on doing a Halloween Party, a first for all of us, if the dates fall the way they did last year. Can't wait!

Yay! That makes me feel better. We plan on bringing the ipad and tomorrow when we give him his birthday gifts, he'll be getting a sweet pair of toddler headphones. I'm absolutely prepared to spend the 8.00 Southwest charges for wifi lol. We bought some travel packs that include coloring crayons, stickers and coloring book for 1.00 at Target in their dollar section so we'll stock those up until we go.

You should test out the headphones in the car or somewhere noisy before you use them on the plane. I say this because a lot of the new headphones for kids are volume limiting, which is safe for little ears but means the volume is often too low on noisy airplanes. We bought some new headphones for my son a few years ago and when we tried to use them on the plane he complained that he couldn't hear anything. I tried them too and he was right, so we had one very frustrated child on our hands during that flight! These are the ones we bought him when he was 2yo, he's now 8 and still uses them! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000M5GS7M/ref=psdc_12097479011_t1_B000MUXVZO

Also, SW doesn't always charge for wifi. I sometimes get an email the day before my flight telling me that I can use wifi on the plane. Follow their instructions and often times it ends up being free!

Those little playpacks are GREAT! Also, do not underestimate the power of a $1 pack of glow bracelets. Seriously, busting those out in the evenings has saved us on many occasions!

We've been doing a bit of a hotel dance and have finally booked our final (probably) hotel - Paradise Pier! With only 3 mornings available for us, we decided this was the way to go to get enough time in DCA. We're planning on hitting MHP to get the lower crowds at DL.

Just booked our annual October/Halloween trip. Our first as a family of 4 (just added Miss A to our family on March 23rd). Driving to Anaheim on the 22nd. Parks 23-25 and driving home the 26th.

We usually stay at Tropicana due to the great military rates and proximity to the parks but I got an even better deal with Desert Inn and Suites (same proximity and it includes free breakfast!) so we are staying there this time. M will be 4 and A will be 7 months. I've never brought a baby to DLR as M was 2 when we took her. Anyone know if we should do a double stroller or just bring our single stroller for our 4 year old and just baby wear our 7 month old?

We used a double and baby wore two babies in April... We liked the flexibility. I'm not even sure what we're doing for our trip yet.

October 3rd-7th. Me, me son, my niece and my nephew. Yep it's a lot of kids by myself.
Happy 34th birthday to me!

Just booked at the desert inn and suites last week! I can't wait :bday::cake:

We were just there last month but my son, who has OCD ADHD and tourettes, was going through a rough patch since he had just had an unexpected surgery and had to go off his meds and they weren't fully kicked back in yet so we couldn't fully enjoy the trip (I was smart enough to pay for the trip insurance this time :crutches:). We upgraded to the AP so we could try again. Now I can't wait to go.

Also we have been at Halloween time before but it was about 6 or 7 years ago. My son was Anakin Skywalker that year. Now at 13 he probably won't dress up. Ugh teens.

The experience we had back then was so great that I'm sprinting for the Halloween party tickets again when they go on sale. The niece and nephew have never been at Halloween and I'm so excited to share it with them.
I hope your son has a good time! We got AP's too (planned). It was our first DLR trip for our sensory kiddo. (Adoption present!) This time we are coming for s week to spread things out with naps & such. We feel better prepared taking 2 kids on our 3rd trip. :)

Joining in on the fun...I will be there Oct 1-4, staying at DLH with the Gay Days rate. It will be me, DS8, my mom, my sister and my 3yo nephew. My sister hasn't been to DLR in 17 years and this will be my nephew's first trip. He is a massive Cars fan so he will go crazy for Cars Land! We also plan on doing a Halloween Party, a first for all of us, if the dates fall the way they did last year. Can't wait!

You should test out the headphones in the car or somewhere noisy before you use them on the plane. I say this because a lot of the new headphones for kids are volume limiting, which is safe for little ears but means the volume is often too low on noisy airplanes. We bought some new headphones for my son a few years ago and when we tried to use them on the plane he complained that he couldn't hear anything. I tried them too and he was right, so we had one very frustrated child on our hands during that flight! These are the ones we bought him when he was 2yo, he's now 8 and still uses them! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000M5GS7M/ref=psdc_12097479011_t1_B000MUXVZO

Also, SW doesn't always charge for wifi. I sometimes get an email the day before my flight telling me that I can use wifi on the plane. Follow their instructions and often times it ends up being free!

Those little playpacks are GREAT! Also, do not underestimate the power of a $1 pack of glow bracelets. Seriously, busting those out in the evenings has saved us on many occasions!

Good call on trying them out. His 2nd birthday is today (it's 7:30AM and already cried twice today over it lol) so they are wrapped and ready to be opened. I got http://www.amazon.com/LilGadgets-Co...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 and you're right, they indicate they are volume limited so we'll test them out right away. The ones you suggest are cute! If these don't pan out, we'll give those a whirl.

Thank you for the heads up on the wifi and glow sticks! We'll have to pick some up.

Good call on trying them out. His 2nd birthday is today (it's 7:30AM and already cried twice today over it lol) so they are wrapped and ready to be opened. I got http://www.amazon.com/LilGadgets-Co...&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 and you're right, they indicate they are volume limited so we'll test them out right away. The ones you suggest are cute! If these don't pan out, we'll give those a whirl.

Thank you for the heads up on the wifi and glow sticks! We'll have to pick some up.
Happy Birthday to your little guy! Hope he has a fun day :)

I hope your son has a good time! We got AP's too (planned). It was our first DLR trip for our sensory kiddo. (Adoption present!) This time we are coming for s week to spread things out with naps & such. We feel better prepared taking 2 kids on our 3rd trip. :)

Taking the longer trip to spread things out and take lots of breaks is the way to go in my experience. In fact I feel like that this was part of our failure the last time. We did a 4 day trip but one day was universal studios, so we didn't have enough time to slowly take in and enjoy either park.

If your DS has sensory issues may I suggest looking into getting a DAS. DL can really be a sensory overload (my son also has sensory issues like a lot of kids with neuro disabilities and with out it we wouldn't last long in the park at all).

Taking the longer trip to spread things out and take lots of breaks is the way to go in my experience. In fact I feel like that this was part of our failure the last time. We did a 4 day trip but one day was universal studios, so we didn't have enough time to slowly take in and enjoy either park.

If your DS has sensory issues may I suggest looking into getting a DAS. DL can really be a sensory overload (my son also has sensory issues like a lot of kids with neuro disabilities and with out it we wouldn't last long in the park at all).
Thanks! We got the DAS at the insistence of our therapist last trip. :) She said baby might be ok at first but day 2 & rest of trip could be ruined.

My husband and I will be there Oct 4-8, staying at DI&S. It is my husband's first Halloween time event (I usually leave him at home... ha) and he is SO excited to be able to dress up and join in the fun at a Disney Halloween Party. Halloween is his favorite holiday.

Hi Everyone! I don't know how to "add" myself to the group (I'm still fairly new to Disboards) but my husband and I are going to Disneyland October 24-27 (or thereabouts - we are waiting for the Halloween party dates) and staying in Desert Inn & Suites. It will be just the two of us!! My youngest turned one on our last trip (December 2014) and it was totally magical but since then I've dreamt of visiting when the only person I have to worry about is me. I am so excited!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter