**October 2016 Check-in!**

This whole, not being able to wear costumes possibility, is really bumming me out. In the last couple weeks, our big group had decided to go full on costume...my mom had even decided to sew her own [modest] tinkerbell costume. I really hope this decision made by Disney doesn't stick.

:sad::sad::sad:

We're so hooked on Halloweentime at DL.
Yes, because it's awesome! Just checking in here.......no updates to our plans, just getting super excited for our trip! We just returned from our (non-Disney) summer vacation so it's on to the next big thing. Just working on paying down our trip balance with discounted Disney gift cards. It is a fun game for me and passes the time. Just counting down along with the rest of you.....

We just booked! The hubby, toddler, and I are going to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and his 35th birthday. We are staying at HoJo's and going October 20-22nd. We are also hoping that we can still dress up for the Halloween party!

I'm going October 2-7, for my birthday week. I will either go by myself (I've always wanted to do that for a day or 2!!) or with some girlfriends. My DH will join me on Oct. 5 and my DD may join us on the 6th. We'll be staying at the Worldmark by Wyndham resort at the end of week, but haven't decided where for the beginning of the week. If I find a good enough deal for the hotel, I may change it to stay there all week.

I'm really hoping that the MNSSHP will be Thursday of that week!

Well I finally broke down last night while the Southwest sale was going on and bought my tickets. So flight is paid for. This will be mine and DD20's 3rd Halloween trip in a row. We're so hooked on Halloweentime at DL. We will be there from 10/19 to 10/23. No hotel booked yet as I'm still deciding. My toss up is between HoJo and Doubletree Anaheim Orange County so more to come on that soon. We are waiting for the party dates to be posted and plan to attend the party and one day at USH to check out Harry Potter land. We also plan to go to Blue Bayou for the first time so, we're looking forward to that as well.
Definitely hojo. How did you narrow it down to those 2?

I can tell that the general consensus is that MNSSHP is a blast, my hubby wants to go but Im not convinced its worth the money, can you guys convince me?

I can tell that the general consensus is that MNSSHP is a blast, my hubby wants to go but Im not convinced its worth the money, can you guys convince me?
I haven't been to one, but am planning on one this year. My thoughts:

-Park is going to close early, might as well have a reason to stay, since it's possible.
-Entertainment not always available during the day.
-Candy! Lol
-Villains! I'm not a huge character meeter, but excited to see some that aren't out all the time. Hoping for Ursula!
-Shorter lines for rides.

Also, just got. $1/hr raise, so it's my little "good job" treat :)

Definitely hojo. How did you narrow it down to those 2?
Well I've stayed at HoJo before and their beds are very comfy. They both have a good rate for the days I want to stay. Double tree has a shuttle which we would prefer after walking all day and the rate is less than HoJo's. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the area and am always trying something new especially if the price is right.

Yes, because it's awesome! Just checking in here.......no updates to our plans, just getting super excited for our trip! We just returned from our (non-Disney) summer vacation so it's on to the next big thing. Just working on paying down our trip balance with discounted Disney gift cards. It is a fun game for me and passes the time. Just counting down along with the rest of you.....
Can you explain the gift card thing to me?

Can you explain the gift card thing to me?

I get discounted disney cards by using a target red card. It will save you 5%. (If you dont have it) It's just a target only card that is attached to your bank account, and it acts as a debit card. Some people get really into gift card purchases, and buy target gift cards at a bigger discount from gift card resale sites. Then they use those to buy disney gift cards at target. That's just one step more than I want to do. I bought enough cards to pay for four 5 day park hoppers. I saved 67 dollars on tickets. Not a whole lot of savings, but I have the offical park tickets in hand already. You would need to combine all those cards (they come in 50 or 100 dollar increments) down into as few as possible on disneygiftcards.com. They each have a 1000 dollar limit, so I needed 2 cards to pay for our tickets. Online purchases only take 1 gift card per transaction. i ended up calling Disneyland and purchase over the phone. It did cost 5 dollars to have it mailed to me, but the gift cards can cover that fee. Now that all of our hotel, tickets, and plane fare are paid for, every time I go to target for normal things, I also purchase one 50 dollar card. I bring it home, and combine it into our main card. It is basically acting as a savings account for food and souvenirs, and its nice to save that 5%...almost counteracts the sales tax. I wish we had AP's so we could also get that 10-15% savings in the parks. There are a few good threads where people discuss their current method of getting the best deals on giftcards. Oh, and you also can use your disney movie reward points to get up to four $10 gift cards. That's 40 free disney bucks right there! I'm just waiting for my Dory movie stub points to go through and then I'll have enough points to order my last $10.

Well I've stayed at HoJo before and their beds are very comfy. They both have a good rate for the days I want to stay. Double tree has a shuttle which we would prefer after walking all day and the rate is less than HoJo's. I've stayed at a lot of hotels in the area and am always trying something new especially if the price is right.

Just be aware the Doubletree Orange County is about 20 minutes drive WITH NO traffic , it's not the one on Harbor which is why it's cheaper.
We stayed a split around that area once and it wasn't worth it for us but I understand the attraction of a shuttle too.

I think if you plan it well it can work , but travel time and waiting can really add up. Just throwing out my experience :)

Just be aware the Doubletree Orange County is about 20 minutes drive WITH NO traffic , it's not the one on Harbor which is why it's cheaper.
We stayed a split around that area once and it wasn't worth it for us but I understand the attraction of a shuttle too.

I think if you plan it well it can work , but travel time and waiting can really add up. Just throwing out my experience :)
Thanks for your response. I do know it's not located on Harbor Blvd. We're not rope drop people so, it should be fine for us. Thanks for your input!:o

I get discounted disney cards by using a target red card. It will save you 5%. (If you dont have it) It's just a target only card that is attached to your bank account, and it acts as a debit card. Some people get really into gift card purchases, and buy target gift cards at a bigger discount from gift card resale sites. Then they use those to buy disney gift cards at target. That's just one step more than I want to do. I bought enough cards to pay for four 5 day park hoppers. I saved 67 dollars on tickets. Not a whole lot of savings, but I have the offical park tickets in hand already. You would need to combine all those cards (they come in 50 or 100 dollar increments) down into as few as possible on disneygiftcards.com. They each have a 1000 dollar limit, so I needed 2 cards to pay for our tickets. Online purchases only take 1 gift card per transaction. i ended up calling Disneyland and purchase over the phone. It did cost 5 dollars to have it mailed to me, but the gift cards can cover that fee. Now that all of our hotel, tickets, and plane fare are paid for, every time I go to target for normal things, I also purchase one 50 dollar card. I bring it home, and combine it into our main card. It is basically acting as a savings account for food and souvenirs, and its nice to save that 5%...almost counteracts the sales tax. I wish we had AP's so we could also get that 10-15% savings in the parks. There are a few good threads where people discuss their current method of getting the best deals on giftcards. Oh, and you also can use your disney movie reward points to get up to four $10 gift cards. That's 40 free disney bucks right there! I'm just waiting for my Dory movie stub points to go through and then I'll have enough points to order my last $10.
Wow, that's cool! Thanks for sharing! I always decline the target card offer but maybe I'll get one!
Okay, so... What's a Disney movie reward point? We saw Finding Dory. Should I have saved our movie stubs?

Wow, that's cool! Thanks for sharing! I always decline the target card offer but maybe I'll get one!
Okay, so... What's a Disney movie reward point? We saw Finding Dory. Should I have saved our movie stubs?

http://www.disneymovierewards.go.com/

all disney movies come with an insert in there case that have a code on it. you create a profile and then add each code in and earn points. you can earn points from DVDs, Blurays, CDs, and movie ticket stubs. the movie stubs are a bit more of a process, but they vary from 50-75 points per ticket. you would just follow the instructions on the site to enter them. there are plenty of other rewards besides the gift cards.

If you spend any amount of time over on the Budget Board you can learn about endless ways to save money on your Disney trips or DVC dues. The info above is a good primer. I also turn any rewards that I can into a Target gift card to be used in conjunction with the RedCard 5% discount towards Disney gift cards. Shopkick, iBotta, and credit card rewards points to name a few. I am currently at a 56% savings, meaning I am only paying 44% out of pocket of the total for our Disney package. When people ask and I explain to them all the ways I combine points and rewards to get the discounted Disney cards they often say, “That sounds like too much work!” I just sort of chuckle to myself and think, “Yeah, but I go to Disney for half off!” Seriously, the Budget Board will explain it all to you!

If you spend any amount of time over on the Budget Board you can learn about endless ways to save money on your Disney trips or DVC dues. The info above is a good primer. I also turn any rewards that I can into a Target gift card to be used in conjunction with the RedCard 5% discount towards Disney gift cards. Shopkick, iBotta, and credit card rewards points to name a few. I am currently at a 56% savings, meaning I am only paying 44% out of pocket of the total for our Disney package. When people ask and I explain to them all the ways I combine points and rewards to get the discounted Disney cards they often say, “That sounds like too much work!” I just sort of chuckle to myself and think, “Yeah, but I go to Disney for half off!” Seriously, the Budget Board will explain it all to you!
Thanks, I'm going to check that out! Planning my trip and the anticipation is almost as much fun as the trip itself so I welcome a little more "work". ;)

Family of 30-40.. Staybridge Suites / Holiday Inn on Manchester (1 mile). Oct 28-31st. 40th Bday. I will have 1 or 2 Princesses for Character Dining in our suites. on 10/29 and 10/30. We plan to do public guest photography in Holiday Inn lobby/pool area. This is in cooperation with both hotel mgmt, so they will even help us out. Bonus if you can sing along, we have singers in the Disney cast in our family. :)

BTW Doubletree Orange and ALO on The City Dr are gorgeous. ART is about 20 minutes from door to turnstyles.

Happy Canada Day!!!

We did it - booked our flights, our dates are Oct 8 to Oct 15 and we are staying at BW Stovalls!
Can't wait until the party dates are announced - hoping to attend two parties since it's our first time!

Will be in park Oct 7th for Halloween Party. Be in parks Oct 8-10 & Oct 13-14

This will be my 4th trip in the last 4 years... Bringing my 70 year old mom for her FIRST TRIP EVER TO DISNEYLAND!!!!

Staying at Days Inn Anaheim West

Everyone has been added in!

Well, our trip has finally left triple digits in the countdown! 99 days until we are in the happiest place on earth!

I am crossing my fingers the MHP details and dates are released this week...I have been letting rumors about the park bum me out a bit, (PTN leaving to WDW, and no fireworks for 6 months after the 60th ends) so I need some good news!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter