**October 2016 Check-in!**

We are staying at the Villas at the Grand Californian for our trip! Woohoo! (if you would like to add it in the first post)

I also booked DI&S at $99/night for our time there. We usually stay at Tropicana but the rate at Desert was too good to pass up.

I also booked at Desert Inn. Booked in February and we got the rate at 109$/night, cheapest we could find!

I looked at the Desert Inn and couldn't find those rates, so I'm in at the Del Sol. It actually came in slightly under DI&S, and I'm okay with the walk as it's not much more. Plus I'm getting AP rate which comes in just under the Military Rate.

Del sol is right next door so not really any further. I have stayed at del sol before and, though it wasn't my favorite, it's fine. My issues are more little things like that they don't have an elevator which makes it hard with a stroller and their parking is more limited. I didn't realized they have AP discounts. I need to look more into using my AP for discounts since I have never used it for anything but dining discounts. If you don't mind sharing how much was their AP discount?

It's an adult-only trip this time, so elevators (or lackthereof) won't be a thing. And I'm not driving (my friend from San Diego is staying one night and it's her van :P) so parking won't be a thing either. Thankfully.

Hmmm... IIRC it was like $165/night all in (exchange, taxes and fees and such) for a double queen room.

Our tickets came in the mail today!!
I wasn't expecting them until late next week...so it was a lovely surprise!! I do like that they are Diamond anniversary...even though that will have ended by the time we go! haha! 166 days!!!

::MickeyMo::MinnieMopluto: ....and a snowman.

small disney.jpg

It is exciting when the tickets arrive! I got mine the last time from getawaytoday.com so you get a little planning package that has the supplies to make a count down papaer chain that my son thinks he is too cool for but i know that im not too cool for.

yea! 151 more days!

163 days. It still seems like so long!

Current things on my to-do list:
- Figure out colder weather disneybounds.
- Working on learning how to shoot better pictures, namely neon lights (thinking this would be good for Cars Land and Paint the Night Parade [or whatever parade]), and better action shots (again, for parade pictures, and maybe some ride pictures).

Tickets are coming in July (hubby will be buying mine when he is there in July).

163 days. It still seems like so long!

Current things on my to-do list:
- Figure out colder weather disneybounds.
- Working on learning how to shoot better pictures, namely neon lights (thinking this would be good for Cars Land and Paint the Night Parade [or whatever parade]), and better action shots (again, for parade pictures, and maybe some ride pictures).

Tickets are coming in July (hubby will be buying mine when he is there in July).

I wouldn't plan on October being cooler. I have been there when it is over 103 in October.

I'm agreeing with rwhistler9. There is always a chance of rain in October, but its usually pretty nice. Actually fall weather is my favorite since summer is too hot, winter is too cold (native Californian here so I'm wimpy about the cold) the spring can be unpredictable (pouring rain one day 90 degrees the next). Fall is usually in the 80's.

If your driving to DL like I do I alway pack my rain stuff so I'm prepared to be comfortable incase it rains. Otherwise the weather is pretty temperate

I wouldn't plan on October being cooler. I have been there when it is over 103 in October.
Already have warmer weather Disneybounds all figured out. Just want to get some cooler ones just in case :)

And as Kindermouse points out, I've got my rain gear ready to go (with a warmer inner layer if needed, removed if not).

159 days!! My ticket came from Airmiles and I think it was Mater.

I'm so excited to go. I sure hope I have at least one other friend to come with me for the weekend.

My wife (wdwtheplacetobe) and I are headed to DL for our anniversary and Phase 2 of our Disney Coast to Coast excursion (we did WDW just last week). October 9-15 at the Disneyland Hotel! Couldn't get into the Villas at the GC but DLH will probably do! First time during the fall. Looking forward to see the HM overlay.

Congrats gsrieff!

I went paleo last year and I lost about 80 pounds and I felt fantastic.

Then I started a new job this year and I was pretty miserable at it. Working a minimum of 10 hours a day plus a 60 mile round trip commute left me with little time or energy to plan meals, shop or cook much. Plus the depression I fell in due to the stressor the job had me stress eating and reaching for sweets to deal. So I have gained back 45 pounds.

I have a new job that starts at the end of July and a break between when I leave my current job and start my new job that's about 2 months. I'm hoping that during this time I can get back on the wagon and then actually feel comfortable taking pictures on our next trip.

Kindermouse, I am right there with you. I lost 50 pounds last year with diet and exercise, then I started a new new job in October, and i am so stressed out and overwhelmed that i just haven't been able to make myself a priority anymore. I've gained back about 5-10 pounds, and I've lost all my tone so my clothes are super tight, I still need to loose another 50-70 pounds, its so hard. I hope your can find the time to care for yourself again, we deserve it.

I just ordered these Ariel ears from Etsy!!! SO CUTE! Now, I need to either find, or make, a tank top with purple shells on it. ::yes::

They are made to order, it will take a month or so to receive them...good thing I decided to look ahead of time!

ariel ears small.jpg

:love:

Disney World veteran here is coming back to Disneyland, baby! Haha :D I'm so happy to go back! Our dates are October 14 - 20. I'm so excited!!! We are staying in Castle Inn & Suites again! It was a perfect hotel for our needs.

They sell several differen versions of the shirt on etsy as well as just the shell appliqués. I am considering both options too for a fun Disney bound. Lol I feel a little too old for disneybounding (I'll turn 34 a few days after we get back from our trip) but im gonna do it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter