**October 2016 Check-in!**

Oooh, hopefully...fingers crossed.

I realized after posting that what happened last year may be a bad example since it was the 60th and Paint the Night and Fireworks were being presented nightly. This year it may be different after the 60th ends in September. But yes, fingers crossed that it's the same situation this year!

Planning Question: I will be arriving at Disneyland on Fri, Sept 30th and departing on Tues, Oct 4th, staying at the Hilton Anaheim and getting 5 day tickets. Hard to plan what parks to visit on which days considering the weekend and EMH. Once park hours and Mickey's Halloween Party dates get announced, I will know more. Tentatively thinking of going to Knott's Berry Farm for a half day.

For all the Disneyland park veterans, I know it's not usually recommended to visit the parks on the weekends, but if you have to - which parks do you find are best on which days?
Considering factors, Disneyland has EMH on Saturday and Tuesday and DCA on Friday, Sunday and Monday; Party will typically occur on Fridays causing no Paint the Night or Fireworks.

Not sure if other's replied, but our experience 3 years ago -
We went Friday through Wednesday 3rd week of October. Sat and Sun were a madhouse at DL, so we spent most of our time at DCA those Days. DL cleared out and we put our time in there Mon - Wed. Park Hoppers were a must and we will be doing them again this year.

Happy to start posting in this thread as our flights are now booked for us to head down Oct 16-21. We are currently booked for 5 nights at the Tropicana but the urge to stay in a Disney hotel is strong. We are also planning on heading to Universal for a day in there as well.

Halloween time is just the best in our opinion. :love:
Please add us for October 10th-15th!!! We will be staying at the DLH!

Happy to start posting in this thread as our flights are now booked for us to head down Oct 16-21. We are currently booked for 5 nights at the Tropicana but the urge to stay in a Disney hotel is strong. We are also planning on heading to Universal for a day in there as well.
Once you stay at the DLH its hard to go back to the Good Neighbor hotels. lol So worth it though if you can splurge

My family (DH, DD12, DD11) and I will be visiting the Mouse Oct 9-15! Spending the first night at Knott's and then heading over to the Grand Californian Villas. Traveling with our never-before-been-to-Disney friends and their DS11. We are in super planning mode already and can't wait!!!!

Hi guys...I have updated the check-in list, and everyone is added in! The list is growing! :woohoo:

Should I go back through and add in where everyone is staying at?

I dont mind doing that at all if the group would like it that way! Let me know. :thumbsup2

still trying to decide on our dates -- does Columbus Day have a big impact on the parks? Considering going Oct 8 to 15 and Columbus Day is Oct 10, same as our thanksgiving in Canada, our reason for going since we only have to take 4 days off of work.

I just went to the store and bought all the disney gift cards from target to buy our 5 day park hopper tickets into the parks!!

The lady in the check out was so confused as to what I was doing and so I explained it quickly to her...she thanked me and said she will probably do the same now. I saved a total of $66.25. not much...maybe cover a dinner for one at BB lol! I know there are ways to save more, but i am happy with what I got. Now i get to add them all in one at a time to disneygiftcards.com and transfer balances. this is so fun to me.

I had special ordered a halloween card with the fab 5 in costumes...thats going to be our main card and i love it!! It came with a note from mickey saying, "have fun saving, see you real soon, pal!" My son was so overjoyed!!!

Im thrilled to be buying the park tickets today or tomorrow!!

:jumping1:

EDIT: I went to go buy the tickets online and it turns out your are only allowed to use ONE gift card per transaction....somehow i never ran across that in any threads. Well, when they only allow a max balance of 1,000 per card...most families are going to need to use more than one.

So, I just called and ordered them over the phone. They will be here in the mail in a week or two. I actually don't mind receiving them in the mail, because last time getting them transferred from print out to ticket in line was a headache. It took about 20 minutes..then after that when we would be in lines, it would be annoying to get stuck behind someone who had to go through the same process.

Last edited:
Touring plans just updated it crowd calendar for October 3-7 with the crowd ratings going down significantly. I know it's not very accurate fit DLR but I'm hopeful.

Touring plans just updated it crowd calendar for October 3-7 with the crowd ratings going down significantly. I know it's not very accurate fit DLR but I'm hopeful.

What kind of numbers we looking at Kinder? If you don't mind PM'ing them to me (I'm the 4th - 10) it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The Monday the 3rd is a 4, Tuesday the 4th is a 5 Wednesday the 5th is a 3, Thursday the 6th is a 5, Friday the 7th is a 4.

It is predicting days for the Halloween party and making some of its projections based on that.

@Minerva Mouse

Overall resort - Disneyland/DCA
Wed, October 5, 2016 3 out of 10 3/3
Thu, October 6, 2016 5 out of 10 6/4
Fri, October 7, 2016 4 out of 10 3/4
Sat, October 8, 2016 9 out of 10 8/9
Sun, October 9, 2016 7 out of 10 7/6
Mon, October 10, 2016 5 out of 10 4/6

The Monday the 3rd is a 4, Tuesday the 4th is a 5 Wednesday the 5th is a 3, Thursday the 6th is a 5, Friday the 7th is a 4.

It is predicting days for the Halloween party and making some of its projections based on that.

Those Numbers are awesome, thanks :)

still trying to decide on our dates -- does Columbus Day have a big impact on the parks? Considering going Oct 8 to 15 and Columbus Day is Oct 10, same as our thanksgiving in Canada, our reason for going since we only have to take 4 days off of work.

Historically, yes that tends to be a busy week but this year there are factors that changed the crowd levels. Normally Utah school district has there fall break that week every year but this year it falls on the week after. This dramatically reduces crowd levels. Also, there doesn't seem to be any major conventions going on this time on the Columbus week. We planned our last October trip to avoid the Columbus week that usually has pretty high crowd levels for the month but this year we are hitting this week up due to the school calendar being different. Touring plans just updated the numbers for the week (10-14th) and it looks to be amazing! Pretty much all 3,4,5 and some 6!

Note: Columbus Day itself will be a packed park day even though touring plans is showing low numbers. Expect 9/10's

Mon, October 10, 2016 5 out of 10 4 6 VALUE
$95 None Trip: Halloween
Columbus Day
Tue, October 11, 2016 4 out of 10 5 3 VALUE
Wed, October 12, 2016 4 out of 10 3 4 VALUE
Thu, October 13, 2016 6 out of 10 6 5 VALUE
Fri, October 14, 2016 5 out of 10 4 5 REGULAR
$105 None Trip: Halloween
Sat, October 15, 2016 9 out of 10 8 9 REGULAR
$105 SL SC Trip: Halloween

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter