**October 2016 Check-in!**

We are flying jet blue from PDX to LGB as well! my jaw dropped when i saw the prices and my husband said book it now!! We did a combo through expedia for the tropicana as well, but we check in when you check out. I will try not to check flight prices to compare...but it will be hard when summer gas prices go up, ill want to see what a good deal we ended up getting by booking so early!
Well, I can already give you a bit of a comparison... Hubby's tickets (same flights, same times) in July are at $102, and "3 seats left at this price." I'm frustrated that we waited until now to buy this tickets for his trip! So, at this point, I saved us $80 by buying my tickets this early.... and the savings will only increase! :) Okay, to be completely fair, my tickets were free. 5 round-trip flights, LGB to PDX, in the course of a year, is enough to get free round-trip tickets if you buy early enough! So, really, my tickets were $200 less than DH's. But, we're counting it as just saving $80 by buying ahead.

Woo hoo! Just bought my tickets ($64 each way from PDX to LGB on Jet Blue). I'll be in the parks 10/16-10/18. Still haven't decided on where to stay.... Likely Tropicana.
Hmm,may have to check into this. Was looking at Pdx to Lax through Delta but if we can get a better deal with Jet Blue (a lot better to fly outta Pdx than Eug; quicker, more direct flights and P-Town's our second home) we may switch.

Hmm,may have to check into this. Was looking at Pdx to Lax through Delta but if we can get a better deal with Jet Blue (a lot better to fly outta Pdx than Eug; quicker, more direct flights and P-Town's our second home) we may switch.
I've found JetBlue to almost always been cheaper than any other airline out of PDX to the LA area... Before, I was thrilled if I paid $120 with Southwest into LAX or SNA. Now, I pout if I pay anything near $100! I think every JB flight I've been on has been under $100, and several under $80 (4 flights under $70!). I'm all about Jet Blue. DH, DD, BFF, and I had flown SW many times (PDX to SNA, PDX to LAX, PDX to PHX), all paid for through my account, and hadn't earned a single free ticket from frequent flier miles. With JetBlue, DH, DD, and I did a total of 10 flights (5 round trips) PDX/LGB, and I had more than enough points for a free round trip ticket. Clearly I'm a JB devotee now! Add in the entertainment factor (WiFi, XM, and satellite TV on each flight), assigned seating (unlike SW), and the entertaining "how much longer" map has me sold. I'm sad that I didn't try them before spending so much with other carriers!

Any October peoples Disneybounding on their trip? I'm working on coming up with a plan for my outfits now. Thinking of going with a villains theme (Ursula, Maleficent, and ???).

Any October peoples Disneybounding on their trip? I'm working on coming up with a plan for my outfits now. Thinking of going with a villains theme (Ursula, Maleficent, and ???).

ive never done that before but i thought it would be a good option instead of going full costume (precious suitcase space). I asked my husband if he had any ideas, and i got a blank stare in response...pretty sure if i go out and just buy him an outfit he will wear it no matter what. I recently watched Aladdin and i think having us go as aladdin and jasmine would be cute. Her chunky jewelry would be fun to hunt for.

Our family of 7 is taking a 2 week road trip from Southeast Texas to Disneyland in October. We'll be in the parks from October 4-7. For the last 5 years we've gone to Disney World every year, so we're excited to finally get out to Disneyland! After reading some of the threads on crowds, though, I'm concerned about the parades and and nighttime shows. With 5 kids (1yr-10yrs), getting a good view of the parades/shows isn't always easy. We've found good spots at WDW where we can wait out of the way but still have good views-- I'm hoping to find the same thing at Disneyland. I haven't been to Disneyland since I was 4, though, so I have no idea what to expect! Any advice is appreciated!

October 3rd-7th. Me, me son, my niece and my nephew. Yep it's a lot of kids by myself.
Happy 34th birthday to me!

Just booked at the desert inn and suites last week! I can't wait :bday::cake:

We were just there last month but my son, who has OCD ADHD and tourettes, was going through a rough patch since he had just had an unexpected surgery and had to go off his meds and they weren't fully kicked back in yet so we couldn't fully enjoy the trip (I was smart enough to pay for the trip insurance this time :crutches:). We upgraded to the AP so we could try again. Now I can't wait to go.

Also we have been at Halloween time before but it was about 6 or 7 years ago. My son was Anakin Skywalker that year. Now at 13 he probably won't dress up. Ugh teens.

The experience we had back then was so great that I'm sprinting for the Halloween party tickets again when they go on sale. The niece and nephew have never been at Halloween and I'm so excited to share it with them.

Last edited:

I posted this on another thread about crowds...but i thought i would share it with our check-in.

I looked on Touring Plans what crowd levels are predicted to be for our trip in October..an average of a 6. I know they aren't always right, but its better than nothing. That seemed manageable to me considering it being halloweentime...

I then looked up actual crowd numbers for when we went in 2012 over the week of thanksgiving...it was ALL 10's. If i can handle that and still have a magical time, I think I'll be a happy camper no matter what the crowds are. I guess I'm one of those people who are just happy be there. SO, if i end up writing a TR...dont expect a negative view of the crowd levels lol!

Also, if any of you want me to look up your dates for you...im willing to do that! Thats allowed right? lol If you are considering your own Touring Plans subscription, I saved 20% using the mousesavers promo code MSDLR16

Hope everyone is enjoying planning!!
party:

Aw man I wish I had seen that 2 weeks ago when I bought my touring plans subscription.

I never used it before now, but it is a fun way to get excited about a trip that is still so far away.

Also since I have more kids with me than I usually take extra organization and planning may be in order. My dates are ranging between 6 and seven and 8 and I think that is in response to predicted dates for the Halloween party. I can't wait.

As far a crowds go it was super crowded in Disneyland when we were just there in March so we hoped over Ca adventure and it was way less crowded. It was worst in tomarrowland, which I think is because of all the star wars stuff. It will still be there in October but hopefully the crowds will have thinned a bit by then.

We've already got 25.00 in the spending money jar (this all come from change or swag bucks rewards) that we started a week ago. If we keep up at that rate this is going to be a trip where I get to say yes more than no pixiedust:

Last edited:
We've only been to DL in the summer, are the pools (Tropicana) warm enough to swim in at the end of Oct? We live in Canada, its definitely NOT outdoor swimming time here at that time haha.

We've only been to DL in the summer, are the pools (Tropicana) warm enough to swim in at the end of Oct? We live in Canada, its definitely NOT outdoor swimming time here at that time haha.
If not warm enough to swim, it's still great to sit in the spa :)

We will be there! Oct 2 - Oct 7! :mickeyjum

Super excited to be going as we haven't been in so long. We are originally from SoCal but this will really be the first time going with our kids (at an age that they can remember at least). We will be staying at the GCH. There is so much planning to do...just waiting for more info and dates to come out to get the ball really rolling. Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans and absorbing any tips and knowledge you all have to offer. :)

I have to admit that I really would like my kids to experience the park as I did when I was growing up (Haunted Mansion without the Nightmare overlay) and am a little bummed that the only way to experience the park at night during this time is with the extra party. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited but absolutely know that we will have to go again in the Spring to experience the non Halloween festivities as well.

Last edited:
Fall break trip to SoCal and DLR! Woo hoo! October 22-27 and staying at FFI for the first time. 3 park days and 2 ‘California’ days. Celebrating DS’s 14th birthday there…..last time we were there was celebrating his 7th birthday! Had a little travel scare where we briefly looked at cancelling the trip, as we recently found out we have two weddings to attend in NY in 2017. But then we decided, no way are we cancelling! Youngest DS is 9 and he isn’t getting any younger! Plus, I have worked too hard at the gift card thing and getting this trip put together at a huge discount to us to give up on it. Disneyland, here we come! Planning on Blue Bayou for the first time. Family is not big on making plans during vacation, but that is the one thing I said I want to do for sure.

Can’t wait to see what the DisneyBounders have planned! I’m too lazy, so I’ll just enjoy what you’ve put together!

Total noob here. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I know where to look and who to ask, lol (thanks DIS). I live in Orlando, so I've been to DW a million times, but never to DL. This is our first trip, for me and DH, going October 4th through 10th, and may take one day to visit Universal Hollywood (DH works for Universal Orlando, so our admission price is $0). We want to do the Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour and the MHP but other than that we're completely clueless. It's a good thing I've got some time to figure it all out.

Last edited:
We will be visiting October 13th-16th and staying at the Disneyland Hotel!

It will be my first trip back in five years, and my girlfriend's first ever trip. We're going to be joined by my best friend (my DCP roommate!) and his girlfriend as well.

Excited to finally be able to visit Temple of the Forbidden Eye again and visit Carsland for the first time.

MinervaMouse, you're so lucky you get to go to universal for free. My son and I were there last month to see the Wizarding world of Harry Potter during its soft opening and it was over 200 for one day.

He is super bummed we can't go back there during our October trip but with 4 people instead of 2 it's not gonna happen (we can only afford this trip becuase our DL annual passes are paid for). I need to marry someone who can get us into theme parks for free. We're junkies :cool1:. We will be there at the same time:wave2:

MinervaMouse, you're so lucky you get to go to universal for free. My son and I were there last month to see the Wizarding world of Harry Potter during its soft opening and it was over 200 for one day.

He is super bummed we can't go back there during our October trip but with 4 people instead of 2 it's not gonna happen (we can only afford this trip becuase our DL annual passes are paid for). I need to marry someone who can get us into theme parks for free. We're junkies :cool1:. We will be there at the same time:wave2:

Hello Kindermouse :) Usually it's just DH who gets in for free, I have my own pass at Orlando, because we save all his tickets for friends and family. We knew he'd be free at Hollywood, but figured I would have to purchase a ticket. We got lucky, when he looked into it, he found out that he actually had a few free tickets for Hollywood as well, so total surprise. This will help with the travel expense since I haven't figured out yet how the heck we're gonna get there, lol.

We'll be there the first week of October. Dates TBD. We'll be in CA for a week, half of the time in Ontario and the other in San Diego for a wedding. We've been to DL numerous times but never with a child :) Our son will be two in June and this is his first big vacation and flying, which I'm a bit nervous about. Luckily the flight isn't too long PDX to LAX. Once we know dates of the Halloween Party, that will narrow down our dates in the Park. It's been three and a half years since we've been to the parks and that was at Christmas time. I can't wait to see the Halloween decor!

My expectations aren't set too high because he's still quite little but just to step foot in the parks, couldn't ask for much more :yay:

We will be there! Oct 2 - Oct 7! :mickeyjum

Super excited to be going as we haven't been in so long. We are originally from SoCal but this will really be the first time going with our kids (at an age that they can remember at least). We will be staying at the GCH. There is so much planning to do...just waiting for more info and dates to come out to get the ball really rolling. Looking forward to hearing everyone's plans and absorbing any tips and knowledge you all have to offer. :)

I have to admit that I really would like my kids to experience the park as I did when I was growing up (Haunted Mansion without the Nightmare overlay) and am a little bummed that the only way to experience the park at night during this time is with the extra party. Don't get me wrong, I am super excited but absolutely know that we will have to go again in the Spring to experience the non Halloween festivities as well.

There should be at least a couple Halloween party free nights during the week you are there. When I went last year they had Paint the Night and regular fireworks on non-party nights and then Halloween fireworks on party nights. Best of both worlds! :)

There should be at least a couple Halloween party free nights during the week you are there. When I went last year they had Paint the Night and regular fireworks on non-party nights and then Halloween fireworks on party nights. Best of both worlds! :)
Oooh, hopefully...fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter