News Round Up 2016

In regards to the Android app update, I updated this morning and I have to say, I really like the new design. For me, it's easier to navigate, and more intuitive. Good job team!
I don't have the app on my phone yet (don't need the space being used on my phone) but I always thought it was strange in a recent update that they removed the wait times from being immediately accessible. Right after they did that update there were multiple threads about "did they remove the wait times??" when the issue was there was a few steps needed to get to the wait times at least from what I heard. I'm glad in this update that they put them back to be in the forefront. I know there is a ton of other stuff on the app but at a theme park one of the main things I want to see quickly is the wait times.

I'm glad you like the update and you think it's easier to navigate..hopefully they keep that kind of thinking by the time I'm ready to download it :)

News: Disney After Hours returns to the Magic Kingdom at new lower pricing

I know this was known to come back, but first thing I saw about it being official - and at a reduced price ... $119 with that including park admission for a shorter trip really isn't bad now

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/disn...-after-hours-returns-to-the-magic-kingdom.htm

Still likely wouldn't do it. Looking at the park hours on those days the park closes at 8 PM those nights - so you get 1 hour before park closing, and then 3 hours of park time for $120. My max price point for something like this would probably be $65-80.

Holy cow - I can't even imagine how much that would cost. ABD is so expensive as it is...
Isn't this kind of what the DIS does already? They book out an entire group for a trip. I know it's not exactly private travel but everyone in the group has one thing in common.

Still likely wouldn't do it. Looking at the park hours on those days the park closes at 8 PM those nights - so you get 1 hour before park closing, and then 3 hours of park time for $120. My max price point for something like this would probably be $65-80.

Wow, last year all the MK dates closed at 10-11pm (so you got to stay til 1-2am) - this really is still a complete rip-off...they took away 2-3 hours of the event and only dropped the already exorbitant price $30...

Isn't this kind of what the DIS does already? They book out an entire group for a trip. I know it's not exactly private travel but everyone in the group has one thing in common.

Except when the DIS does it, they have to book out a full tour - as in the 30+ people normally staged in one of these trips. I know when Pete W. ran one of the knights and lights trips, he lost a BOATLOAD of money (talking $10s of thousands) because they weren't able to book it up fully. It's really just a regular ABD trip but filled up with people from a particular travel agency.

That isn't what I define as a "Private" trip. A private trip would mean my specific group - whatever the size - gets the ABD experience. So if I have 10 people or even less, I'm still experiencing ABD as if I'm with a group of 30. I order to do that, they are likely going to charge at least twice what you would get on the group ABD experience - which is already pretty outrageously priced.

That isn't what I define as a "Private" trip. A private trip would mean my specific group - whatever the size - gets the ABD experience. So if I have 10 people or even less, I'm still experiencing ABD as if I'm with a group of 30. I order to do that, they are likely going to charge at least twice what you would get on the group ABD experience - which is already pretty outrageously priced.
This new Private Group Travel has a minimum of 10 people required to book!

I could be wrong on this but I just saw this tweet, and as far as I'm aware WDW was stiil using the generic Disney Parks cups. I know DL switched over to DL specific cups, but I didn't know WDW did. Could someone tell me if this is new, or it is old news and I have just missed it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mousesteps/status/806919108671508481
I saw this earlier. I had heard WDW was doing holiday cups. The real test is will they go back to generic cups after the holidays?

I could be wrong on this but I just saw this tweet, and as far as I'm aware WDW was stiil using the generic Disney Parks cups. I know DL switched over to DL specific cups, but I didn't know WDW did. Could someone tell me if this is new, or it is old news and I have just missed it.

They've been using these since early November. If I'm remembering correctly, the halloween cups were also park branded

They've been using these since early November. If I'm remembering correctly, the halloween cups were also park branded

Now these are new for sure

https://twitter.com/wdwnt/status/806964340259770369

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter