News Round Up 2016

I'd estimate that the Christmas party goes over $100 next year - it's already borderline for the later dates.

Are those parties worth the price?
nope and interestingly enough they are doing parties almost all the way till christmas. kids in our area don't even get out of school until 23rd because christmas is on a sunday. I think disney is hitting the ceiling here and if you notice the discounts for AP's and dvc. Those are the real prices because most of the people that come to the parites are in this group. locals and DVC who come just for that time of year for the parties and HHN. but watch later this year and see if they offer some type of discount like universal does with coke or wendy's. that's why they mark them up so high so it looks like you are getting a deal when in reality you aren't. at least with halloween they have trick or treating. they really haven't added anything new to the christmas parties in years. and totally tommorowland christmas is so lame

A few "Frozen" fans would like to see something special in the film's sequel.
A campaign to #GiveElsaAGirlfriend has gone viral.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/04/entertainment/elsa-girlfriend-frozen/index.html

I'm all for diversity, and I would love to see Disney develop an LGBT character in the future.

However, that plot line needs to feel organic, and that's not something I like Frozen 2 would offer. Plus, Disney isn't going to want to tamper what is arguably their biggest franchise in the past decade.

You know, I'm all about progress, but I don't see the need to actually giver her a girlfriend to make a statement about diversity. Most of the times it doesn't even feel authentic when companies do that sort of thing. If its subtle like How to Train Your Dragon then I don't think it's a big deal though.

She doesn't even have to have a love interest whatsoever, as far as I am concerned.

You know, I'm all about progress, but I don't see the need to actually giver her a girlfriend to make a statement about diversity. Most of the times it doesn't even feel authentic when companies do that sort of thing. If its subtle like How to Train Your Dragon then I don't think it's a big deal though.

She doesn't even have to have a love interest whatsoever, as far as I am concerned.

?????????? I've seen this movie several times-- what did I miss? (granted it was a few years ago)

?????????? I've seen this movie several times-- what did I miss? (granted it was a few years ago)

Well, that's why it is a subtle hint ;) In HTTYD2 there's a line in which Gobber (Hiccup's mentor) says “This is why I never married. This and one other reason.” which, if I recall, according to the director was a reference to the character's sexual orientation. It was a bit messy back in the day. People even say that that's why the film didn't perform well in the US, but I don't think that many people even got it.

Should be BIG NEWS...

MLB.TV is arguably the #1 streaming company. Industry considers the service and abilities better than Netflix, Amazon, etc. They are top notch.

Disney has also played with Sony and Sling on streaming only offerings.

I predict that Disney makes the deal and then launches a Disney branded streaming service with all the Disney channels, ESPN, on demand library of movies and TV library. Buys 1 or 2 other channel families and rides off into the sunset driving a final nail into the pay tv coffin.

If Disney could somehow acquire either the rights or buy HGTV / Food and spin up a couple channels with its content, then package up something like Sony VUE where they integrated the on demand services of HBO, SHOWTIME, MLB.TV, etc and sold it for $30-$40 a month with add-ones garnering a 20% subscription premium they would make more money per subscriber, have unique offerings with their movies and shows (kill the vault, some movies free, some .99, new releases $2.99), and actually have growth potential.

It's doable today. Not all that risky. It'd be a good move.

That's a tough one. While I don't see anything wrong with creating such a scenario, I'm not really sure that a Frozen movie, which is aimed at very young children, is the appropriate space in which to explore sexuality. One could argue that nearly all the princess movies have a love interest of the opposite sex, and I guess that's true.

You can bet, though, that a certain segment of the population would raise holy hell. They're already looking for phallic symbols in background artwork from Disney movies. As progressive as they can be as a corporation, I'd be surprised to see Disney rocking the boat with Frozen 2.

Should be BIG NEWS...

MLB.TV is arguably the #1 streaming company. Industry considers the service and abilities better than Netflix, Amazon, etc. They are top notch.

I predict that Disney makes the deal and then launches a Disney branded streaming service with all the Disney channels, ESPN, on demand library of movies and TV library. Buys 1 or 2 other channel families and rides off into the sunset driving a final nail into the pay tv coffin.

If Disney could somehow acquire either the rights or buy HGTV / Food and spin up a couple channels with its content, then package up something like Sony VUE where they integrated the on demand services of HBO, SHOWTIME, MLB.TV, etc and sold it for $30-$40 a month with add-ones garnering a 20% subscription premium they would make more money per subscriber, have unique offerings with their movies and shows (kill the vault, some movies free, some .99, new releases $2.99), and actually have growth potential.

Given that at earnings the chatter about ESPN has been so strong and related to "cord cutters" I think they have to do something to at least show investors they are being proactive about this.

The main reason I still have regular pay tv is for sports (and secondary is some of those HGTV type channels, but mostly sports) - so if I could get that via a over the internet type subscription (I'd need SNY in addition to ESPN, and would like NFL network/Redzone) I would very seriously consider "cutting the cord"

Should be BIG NEWS...

Disney does own A&E so that would add some content.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter