News Round Up 2016

Yeah I saw a photo of these day or two ago it must have been a very recent change.

Yeah. It must be. We saw some of the old coaches (the Blue ones) and some that were all white. Those must be getting ready to head in for the new branding wraps sooner than later. Still. A good new look for the coaches. The old ones were really becoming dated to me.

Yeah. It must be. We saw some of the old coaches (the Blue ones) and some that were all white. Those must be getting ready to head in for the new branding wraps sooner than later. Still. A good new look for the coaches. The old ones were really becoming dated to me.

I would say very new. As of last Thursday I was only seeing the old blue ones. We even commented on the fact that the wraps needed to change.

Reading this made me so upset. Are some people really that careless/clueless?

It's a cultural thing. If you google "Chinese Tourists" there are multiple articles lamenting issues with the touring culture as they have the financial means to explore, but are still getting the hang of acclimating to the culture.

(Please note, I'm not trying to bash/demean anyone. Just stating what I've read in the past.)

The area around DHS was filed for a while ago I believe. Some of that will be parking, some staging for construction. The area in major question would be around Epcot and Beach Club, they possibly could be looking at another resort.

It is certainly large enough for a resort; the "main continuous area" is roughly 75 acres. Note that the acreage of yacht and beach and its parking and conference centers is under 60 acres. This is an interesting area as it's closest point is only 1/3 of a mile to the entrance of Epcot (build a bridge over the canal and path that joins to the bus station (which is 800 feet away). It would also be possible to build a monorail station for a resort in this area as well. About 3/4 of a mile from the Epcot station and 2.5 miles from TTC.

Of course, it could be set aside for additions to the solar farm too.

epcot.JPG

It is certainly large enough for a resort; the "main continuous area" is roughly 75 acres. Note that the acreage of yacht and beach and its parking and conference centers is under 60 acres. This is an interesting area as it's closest point is only 1/3 of a mile to the entrance of Epcot (build a bridge over the canal and path that joins to the bus station (which is 800 feet away). It would also be possible to build a monorail station for a resort in this area as well. About 3/4 of a mile from the Epcot station and 2.5 miles from TTC.

View attachment 166526
While true it could be for the solar farm I can't see all of it being for the farm. Some of that is definitely for something they have planned long term.

View attachment 166526
Did you say monorail station?? That ought to be interesting!! Would have to be on the return from Epcot is the only issue, for I doubt they would cut into the beamway to build a proper station. Probably just build a station around the beams like they did with GF.

May the 4th be with you everyone!
11193369_773717866080935_7538473647580210879_n.jpg

While true it could be for the solar farm I can't see all of it being for the farm. Some of that is definitely for something they have planned long term.

This has me wondering about a thought I have had on all of this expansion, new park additions, etc. I had always wondered what the impact on DHS would be if they built a Star Wars attraction or attractions. Well, having witnessed the Potter effect, and coupling that with the fact that this will be a fully immersive land that is 14 acres, makes me think that the draw to DHS will be HUGE, on a scale even surpassing the lines that formed for the WWoHP. I would think that there will be people basing their WDW vacation around DHS once that land opens. If Epcot remains relatively static (i.e., I don't see the huge, clearly defined transformation happening at that park like we are seeing with DAK and DHS), and the Star Wars Experience - along with the new Galactic Spectacular Nighttime Show - turns out to be epic, I wonder if the park attendance for DHS could surpass Epcot's. Maybe Disney is considering adding another resort in this location.

One of the last statements that I remember J. Rasulo making at a stockholder meeting was that they have been operating their resorts at around 93% capacity. He stated that when this happened in the past, the company would have looked to open a new resort. I think that there may be an expectation that the reimagined DHS will be an incredible experience, anchored by the shiny, new Star Wars Experience. Add in the new Toy Story Land, a plussed Muppets Courtyard, and any potential new experiences (I personally still believe that at least a Phase 3 will happen in DHS by adding another Pixar property for starters), I could see this being the new Disney park to visit in 2019/2020. I am a DAK freak through-and-through, but I am also a Star Wars fan, and I know that when that experience debuts, I will be spending a lot of time there. I would think that Disney is well aware of this and that there will definitely be a huge draw towards that side of the larger resort. I would love it if another resort was added here, with maybe a Star Wars theme? As silly and far-reaching as that might sound to some, you know that people would be falling over themselves to stay at a resort like that.

This has me wondering about a thought I have had on all of this expansion, new park additions, etc. I had always wondered what the impact on DHS would be if they built a Star Wars attraction or attractions. Well, having witnessed the Potter effect, and coupling that with the fact that this will be a fully immersive land that is 14 acres, makes me think that the draw to DHS will be HUGE, on a scale even surpassing the lines that formed for the WWoHP. I would think that there will be people basing their WDW vacation around DHS once that land opens. If Epcot remains relatively static (i.e., I don't see the huge, clearly defined transformation happening at that park like we are seeing with DAK and DHS), and the Star Wars Experience - along with the new Galactic Spectacular Nighttime Show - turns out to be epic, I wonder if the park attendance for DHS could surpass Epcot's. Maybe Disney is considering adding another resort in this location.

One of the last statements that I remember J. Rasulo making at a stockholder meeting was that they have been operating their resorts at around 93% capacity. He stated that when this happened in the past, the company would have looked to open a new resort. I think that there may be an expectation that the reimagined DHS will be an incredible experience, anchored by the shiny, new Star Wars Experience. Add in the new Toy Story Land, a plussed Muppets Courtyard, and any potential new experiences (I personally still believe that at least a Phase 3 will happen in DHS by adding another Pixar property for starters), I could see this being the new Disney park to visit in 2019/2020. I am a DAK freak through-and-through, but I am also a Star Wars fan, and I know that when that experience debuts, I will be spending a lot of time there. I would think that Disney is well aware of this and that there will definitely be a huge draw towards that side of the larger resort. I would love it if another resort was added here, with maybe a Star Wars theme? As silly and far-reaching as that might sound to some, you know that people would be falling over themselves to stay at a resort like that.

A true Start Wars resort, fully immersive, including characters (storm troopers, etc.) walking around, a cantina, rooms with "Ewok villiage" like bunk beds, etc. - they could charge whatever they want and people would pay it

Audition information was posted for Elena of Avalor, and it looks like there may be a show of some sort for her introduction.

There are two sets of auditions - one for look-alikes, and one for actor/vocalists

The actor/vocalist position is looking for someone who is bilingual and can play guitar/sing, but it will be a 2-3 month position
The look-alike position is looking just for bilingual, and will be a full time position with no end date

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter