MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

I’m thankful that I maintained my 1/2 pound weight loss from last week over Mothers Day weekend.

I’m thankful that I lost 3/4 of a pound so far this week.

I’m thankful that although the weight is coming off slower than I would like, I’m at my lowest weight since October.

I’m thankful for completing the final Science of Reading module yesterday.

I’m thankful that I finally got 100 kindergartners on stage for our first graduation rehearsal. (We have to compete with 8th grade, the music teachers, plus others who randomly need the stage).

Today I'm thankful to have a house cleaner. Every other Thursday, we declutter before we leave and I come home to everything being sparkly clean. My husband and I are very particular about how we spend out money and both agree that not having to scrub toilets and showers is absolutely worth the price. Whoever said, "Money doesn't buy happiness," forgot about paying people to do your chores for you!!!

I am thankful for my new home, new garden and new town.. and so looking forward to my first summer here.

I am thankful that I had a chiropractic appt yesterday because I had time to chat with the receptionist about the chairs staged along the street and the "no parking" signs that had been put up. Evidently the Rhododendron Festival that is happening is a really big deal with a kiddie parade, a pet parade and a grand parade. And there is a bed race ("vehicles" need to look bed-like... gotta love small town life) happening down the street from the movie theater around the time I got my ticket to go see 'Margaret' Friday. It totally changes up how I'm going to get to the theater and where I'll look for parking.
20181128-123124-9832c1eb2aea4e70310a5c369b54367b.jpg

And I'm thankful for the weight I've lost and for feeling and looking better. On-line check-in for the cruise is Friday evening, so we're getting close!

Last edited:
Evidently the Rhododendron Festival that is happening is a really big deal with a kiddie parade, a pet parade and a grand parade. And there is a bed race ("vehicles" need to look bed-like... gotta love small town life) happening down the street from the movie theater around the time I got my ticket to go see 'Margaret' Friday.
I love that small town stuff! The town I grew up in used to have a Bath Tub Race every summer.

And you'll love the movie! I saw it a couple of weeks ago. Great adaptation of a great book!

I'm thankful today for a good few days spent at a meeting earlier this week. It was good professionally, but also good on a personal level. One of the motivational speakers gave me so many things to think about. One of them was about choosing the best "right" option. He talked about how often we look at all of the options in front of us and get frozen because we tell ourselves there's only one right answer. He said often, there are many "right" answers and you just need to choose from one of them and move forward with it. There's always time to adjust as you move on and that we often adjust as we go anyway.

I'm not explaining it nearly as good as he did, but I really enjoyed his message.

Wow Friday already? This week has gone by super fast and I feel like all I did was attend meetings. The weekend starts with the movie this afternoon, I'm planning on heading there super early so I can walk around town and look at the bed race getting set up, even tho I'll miss the actual race.

Tomorrow I think I'll make a road trip to go get cat food and have lunch in old town Poulsbo, where there are several antique stores and a Nordic bakery that I remember going to as a kid. On the way back I'll swing by the park that has the waterfall and get in a quick walk. Other than that it'll be more gardening and I'm feeling like I need to do (another) reset on the house. I'd like everything to be white, which really isn't possible, but I can at least clear something away and make it feel lighter.

Wow Friday already? This week has gone by super fast and I feel like all I did was attend meetings. The weekend starts with the movie this afternoon, I'm planning on heading there super early so I can walk around town and look at the bed race getting set up, even tho I'll miss the actual race.

Tomorrow I think I'll make a road trip to go get cat food and have lunch in old town Poulsbo, where there are several antique stores and a Nordic bakery that I remember going to as a kid. On the way back I'll swing by the park that has the waterfall and get in a quick walk. Other than that it'll be more gardening and I'm feeling like I need to do (another) reset on the house. I'd like everything to be white, which really isn't possible, but I can at least clear something away and make it feel lighter.

Sounds like a great day! I need to start finding local things to do just for fun!

Tomorrow is my niece's high school graduation party, so that will occupy most of my afternoon. It should be a fun day visiting with family and friends. My 2 DDs that don't live at home any longer will be there and it's always fun to just have random laid back times to sit around and visit!

I'm thankful today for a good few days spent at a meeting earlier this week. It was good professionally, but also good on a personal level. One of the motivational speakers gave me so many things to think about. One of them was about choosing the best "right" option. He talked about how often we look at all of the options in front of us and get frozen because we tell ourselves there's only one right answer. He said often, there are many "right" answers and you just need to choose from one of them and move forward with it. There's always time to adjust as you move on and that we often adjust as we go anyway.

I'm not explaining it nearly as good as he did, but I really enjoyed his message.

That is so true!! I read "The Paradox of Choice" (by Barry Schwartz) a while back, and it said something similar about people actually being less happy when we have more choices. I definitely recommend it!

Happy Friday! Sounds like everyone had a good week I am so glad!

I went into the SPCA early this morning and helped staff with laundry and bowls so that they could be freed up for more important tasks. They are short staffed and everyone is stressed there so hopefully I was a little helpful.

Got 3 dogs walked as well before my BIL came to meet me with my niece. I will watch her until 7 this evening. DD had state testing this morning and we picked her up around 1. She’s doing school work for the rest of the afternoon.

Niece and I are watching Cinderella and playing on before her nap.

Tomorrow it’s to rain all day here unfortunately. DH and I will walk dogs in the morning and DD works in the evening, I will clean and do laundry in between!

Sunday I have brunch with my friends, can’t wait!

Happy Friday and enjoy the weekend!!

Oppsss… I got villian.

Loved the movie, absolutely loved it. I’ve been talking to my counselor about little “t” traumas and the Margaret story hit on two of mine… getting my first bra and first period. So satisfying.

I’m switching up my days and doing in town stuff today, I’m even going to try watching the grand parade. Then tomorrow I’ll do my mini road trip out of town. Right now I’m waiting to be seated for breakfast, the place is hopping.

And we’re all checked in for the cruise, we got a 12:30 boarding time, which I’m happy with.

Last edited:
I will have to make a point of seeing “Margaret.” When I was in 4th grade, my friend and I were the only girls in the class who were starting to show signs of early puberty. My teacher gave both of us Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, By Judy Blume. My friend and I both read the book with enthusiasm and talked on the phone all the time. We both got training bras. I was taller than all the boys and that made me feel awkward. I was only 9 at the time but I began to feel like a tween.

I will have to make a point of seeing “Margaret.” When I was in 4th grade, my friend and I were the only girls in the class who were starting to show signs of early puberty. My teacher gave both of us Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret, By Judy Blume. My friend and I both read the book with enthusiasm and talked on the phone all the time. We both got training bras. I was taller than all the boys and that made me feel awkward. I was only 9 at the time but I began to feel like a tween.
Wow, what a thoughtful thing for your teacher to do. I highly recommend seeing and will most likely see it again myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter