MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

Woohoo... I'm taking Friday off for an extra long holiday weekend. If my glasses are ready before then I'll head in to Seattle to pick them up... which is another woohoo. If not, I'll try the Yoga+Weights class at the Fort that I can never do because it's at 9:30am. And woohoo, Monday I'm actually going to be doing a Memorial Day BBQ, next door at my Niece's. these holidays usually go by uncelebrated so this is a nice change.

Woohoo... for the upcoming cruise and having a week off that isn't consumed with moving. And woohoo, yesterday I was thinking of going to WDW in December, so I pinged my Disney friends to see if anyone was going then but they are planning March/April, so I've shifted to do the same. Will be looking at possibly getting points for Riviera and I have enough frequent flyer miles for a free ticket, planning this far out I may actually be able to use them.

Woohoo... for some clear skies this morning. It has been several days of overcast so it feels good to wake up to the lightness.

And woohoo... last night I binge watched Season Two of Growing Floret and besides overdosing on beautiful flowers there were some inspirational messages in it so I'm going to re-watch with a note pad at hand to jot some of them down. And it has me re-inspired to work on the garden over the long weekend.

Last edited:

WHOOOOOHOOOOO Halfway through the week!!! Actually tomorrow is my last day of work since Fridays is my day off, so a 4 day weekend for me too 🎉☺️

Whoooohoooo this has been a BUSY but productive week at work. I am so busy I don’t feel like I can keep up but I am making progress on things.

Whooohoooo I got a actual appointment (instead of having to use walk in hours) for my foster puppy at the vet tomorrow…she is having tummy issues on a off. Yesterday was bad, today was perfect but it’s been going on for a week and I dewormed her and it’s not changing anything so I need a professional!

Whoooohoooo my Bible study group is doing a challenge this week which involves prayer at 9am, noon and 3pm and also fasting on Wednesday and Friday-you can fast from anything and I choose social media and both are going well so far! I am always late on the prayer times but only by a few minutes.

Everyone enjoy their Wednesdays!!

Wahoo I've gotten over 10,000 steps in this week after work. Today I got a bit more than I bargained for. I walked and met my goal then later in the evening a girlfriend called and asked me to walk with her! I'm tired now! DH says I may have peaked a bit early for Universal in July!

Today I'm thankful for my running partner. It was my first run back after chemo this morning and it was really hard! If she hadn't been there, I would have called it quits but I managed to get it done. (I did decide not to back-to-back with another 5k tomorrow morning since this one was so draining. Every time I think I have this chemo thing figured out, something changes on me...)

Today I'm thankful that Amazon has an option for super quick shipping. We have a wedding this weekend and I was stressing because I have nothing to wear (forbid that I actually try to figure it out less than a week before the wedding) - I ordered a bunch of stuff from amazon because I don't have any time available this week to go to the store to figure it out. One thing arrived last night and more is coming today and then I can decide from that what to wear.

It has also re-motivated me - we have another wedding at the end of September and I'm hoping to lose enough to be able to wear a nice dress to that one. I have an apple shape and dresses just do not work for me right now. I 100% look pregnant, except for the fact that I'm too old! I know I'll always have that basic shape, but I also know that my stomach will go down some as I lose weight.

Today I am thankful for the way my new home (house and town) is helping me to reshape my life. After work yesterday I :

- went to one nursery to get more potting soil and compost
- went to the second nursery to get some plants
- went for a two mile walk along the bay side trail

- stopped at the café to get a salad for dinner
- watered the raised beds
- planted the plants I had just purchased
- washed dishes
- cleaned up the bedroom
- watched Survivor
- did my arm exercises

In my old life I would have done one or two of those things and one of them would have been laying on the sofa watching Survivor. Not feeling exhausted all the time is an absolute miracle to me.

Today I am thankful for the way my new home (house and town) is helping me to reshape my life. After work yesterday I :

- went to one nursery to get more potting soil and compost
- went to the second nursery to get some plants
- went for a two mile walk along the bay side trail

- stopped at the café to get a salad for dinner
- watered the raised beds
- planted the plants I had just purchased
- washed dishes
- cleaned up the bedroom
- watched Survivor
- did my arm exercises

In my old life I would have done one or two of those things and one of them would have been laying on the sofa watching Survivor. Not feeling exhausted all the time is an absolute miracle to me.

Your posts always inspire me - you are living your best life!

Today I'm thankful for my running partner. It was my first run back after chemo this morning and it was really hard! If she hadn't been there, I would have called it quits but I managed to get it done. (I did decide not to back-to-back with another 5k tomorrow morning since this one was so draining. Every time I think I have this chemo thing figured out, something changes on me...)
:hug:

Thankful for warm-ish nights and fairly flat places to walk.
Thankful for the greens I was able to get from my garden, had a lovely little salad of lettuce, spinach and arguala tonight. Planted some more seeds (spinach growing season will be over once it gets hot) hoping for at least one more harvest...had thoughts of a shaved steak, spinach, arugula and cheddar grilled cheese.
Thankful for ceiling fans and air purifiers...especially models you can ads fragrance oils to.

Woohoo... let the weekend begin! Well, actually it already has started with a late lie-in and long luxurious shower. Plans for today are to catch the ferry over to Whidbey Island and drive to a fun nursery in Mt Vernon, which is an hour away. On the way back I'm going to stop in Coupeville, which is where Practical Magic was filmed, and buy something at the bakery which is now in the building Sally had her shop in. Then I have a ticket to go see The Little Mermaid this evening. All in all a wonderful day.

shop.jpg

Hope everyone has a great weekend! DH and I are going to the movies tonight, tomorrow we have a wedding and reception and then Sunday is my niece's middle school graduation. I'm not sure what we'll end up doing on Memorial Day yet, maybe rest from all the activities we've already been to lol!

Saturday!!! Hooray!!!!

Had a fun filled day of babysitting yesterday, my niece and I went to my sister in laws and picked up my nephew who is 4 and I took them to the park for a bit, they had a great time. DD worked so my niece and I dropped her off/picked her up. DD and I also went out for ice cream last night which was absolutely delicious!!!

DH and I are about to head to the SPCA for the morning. We are signed up for different kennel areas so hopefully our departure times somewhat align!

This afternoon DH and I need to do some cleaning of the back porch and grill area to prep for the bbq on Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter