MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

My Monday morning thoughts are excitement over finally reaching my next weight loss milestone, as I saw 196.6 on the scale this morning! Now it is on to the next marker which is 193.

Somehow I didn't map out my entire 21-day program yesterday, but I did do meal prep! I put together the fixings for eggs cups and just microwaved my first one... pretty darn tasty and packed with proteins. I got a couple new low carb cookbooks that have some recipes that look pretty good, I want to try at least one of them this week. And I will map out what the next 21 days are going to be later today.

I went down to the beach for a pre-work walk this morning, what a gorgeous way to start the day and week:

1684160570425.png

I'm feeling extra motivated this morning. I'm firmly in the feel good portion of my cycle, so trying to stay in the moment instead of dreading my chemo on Friday. As the week progresses, my emotions tend to go all over the place with just not wanting to have to do another darn round of chemo. I'm trying to redirect to the here-and-now as best I can because working myself up before treatment just means I don't get to fully enjoy my good days.

This morning, I did a full body strength workout once the kids were on the bus and I'll be running early mornings the rest of the week. I've cut up my snack veggies for the week, too, and am getting miscellaneous items off of my to-do list to stay focused and productive.

I'm feeling extra motivated this morning. I'm firmly in the feel good portion of my cycle, so trying to stay in the moment instead of dreading my chemo on Friday. As the week progresses, my emotions tend to go all over the place with just not wanting to have to do another darn round of chemo. I'm trying to redirect to the here-and-now as best I can because working myself up before treatment just means I don't get to fully enjoy my good days.

This morning, I did a full body strength workout once the kids were on the bus and I'll be running early mornings the rest of the week. I've cut up my snack veggies for the week, too, and am getting miscellaneous items off of my to-do list to stay focused and productive.
:hug:

I'm a late comer to the group. (This is the forum that I didn't know I needed. Glad I found it.)

My name is Michele. I am a 55 year old mother to a DD (22), DS (19), and DS (12). I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this summer at DW.
Like several others, I lost a lot of weight (70+ pounds) in 2019-2020, only to gain back 80 in the following years. I have recently gotten back on track and am down 30. My May goal is to lose 5-6 pounds buy tracking what I eat, getting 10,000+ steps in each day, and keeping a gratitude journal.

Today I am motivated to keep working towards my goal after my weekly weigh in. Every weight loss is a win, no matter how small.

I'm a late comer to the group. (This is the forum that I didn't know I needed. Glad I found it.)

My name is Michele. I am a 55 year old mother to a DD (22), DS (19), and DS (12). I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this summer at DW.
Like several others, I lost a lot of weight (70+ pounds) in 2019-2020, only to gain back 80 in the following years. I have recently gotten back on track and am down 30. My May goal is to lose 5-6 pounds buy tracking what I eat, getting 10,000+ steps in each day, and keeping a gratitude journal.

Today I am motivated to keep working towards my goal after my weekly weigh in. Every weight loss is a win, no matter how small.
Welcome! We’re happy to have you here.

Ooohhh this topic. It's been a quite a series of those days (thanks retrograde) and been kind of feeling like a roomba bouncing off corners!
But trying to get back on track. Lots of deep breaths! Seeing the veggies in my garden starting to come in is a help for sure.

Wait, when things don't go perfectly, you're supposed to let it go? I thought you were supposed to have a small lapse, throw your hands in the air, say "Screw it!" and eat a whole bag of chips! :rotfl:

Seriously, though, I'm terrible at this. I give in, eat some junk I don't need, and then that becomes the justification to pile on and go nuts the whole stinking day. Figuring out how to keep a minor transgression from becoming a total derailment is my constant battle.

:welcome: This is a great group!

I'm also part of a gratitude thread: here - if you're interested in that too.

Welcome!

A lot of the time I can let it go, heck, sometimes I barely had ahold of it in the first place. But more often than not I have to think it to death before any movement can take place, its just the way the brain works.

Somehow more weight was gone from the scale this morning, after two weeks of being stalled three pounds have now gone away, and I'm actually back on track for the goal I had for this week. Thank you body.

Woohoo... mid-month check-in against goals and I'm doing really well: I've started using the 5lb arm weights for some of the moves, I've lost 4 of the 6 pounds and my daily step average is 9500. The thing I haven't done yet is a new-to-me exercise or trail, so I'm thinking of going to a nearby town over the weekend where there's a trail with a waterfall.

Woohoo... last weekend I had my new hairdresser put toner on my hair for the first time. It's always a bit of a gamble when you are still learning how to communicate, but she got it just right... there's just a touch of lavender but you wouldn't think "that woman has purple hair" at all.

Woohoo... 'The Book Club' movie was really fun, all about friends who love each other and have happy healthy relationships with the men in their lives. Friday 'Are you there God it's me Margaret' opens, and I'll be getting myself a ticket as soon as they go on sale.

I've been gone a couple of days at a meeting for work. I took my laptop, but really didn't have time in the evenings to get online.

The topic from yesterday is so good for me. I need to hang it on my fridge or something. It's so easy to get derailed!

It was a good meeting, but very bad eating. We had a full breakfast, lunch and dinner each day. You'd think I knew that I didn't necessarily have to try everything at each meal, but I'm a slow learner :o

Tomorrow morning, I'll get back on the scale and see how much damage I did and then get back on track!

My WooHoo is that it was a good meeting. Our company is part of a large co-op of member companies. I work at a farmer owned agricultural company in the midwest. This meeting was all of the controllers, HR, IT and credit managers getting together to share ideas and learn about things coming to us in the near future. This meeting is held every other year and we haven't had one since 2018 due to covid, so it was nice getting everyone back together. I feel like I learn so much from everyone at these meetings!

@goofymom68 - glad to have you with us! Sounds like you're doing great working toward your goals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter