MAY 2023 W.I.S.H. - May you have a healthy month

As mentioned, last week my weight bounced back and forth and I didn't actually lose anything. I'm refocusing this week and if I can drop 1.5 pounds I'll hit my next milestone of 196.

I have to go in to the city Wednesday for half a day of working in the office and half a day spent at appointments, so I'll have to be very thoughtful about food. I'm taking Thursday off for the filler appt, which is in a town about 45 minutes away, then when I get home I have a massage appointment. The weather forecast is looking much better this week, so I anticipate being able to get back to garden/yard work, which will help burn a lot of calories.

As mentioned, last week my weight bounced back and forth and I didn't actually lose anything. I'm refocusing this week and if I can drop 1.5 pounds I'll hit my next milestone of 196.

I have to go in to the city Wednesday for half a day of working in the office and half a day spent at appointments, so I'll have to be very thoughtful about food. I'm taking Thursday off for the filler appt, which is in a town about 45 minutes away, then when I get home I have a massage appointment. The weather forecast is looking much better this week, so I anticipate being able to get back to garden/yard work, which will help burn a lot of calories.
You can do it!!! I am so proud of you and I believe in you-you will meet you goal!!

My motivation is two weddings I have this summer and fall. I know I'll be in a few pictures at the fall one and I'd like to feel better in them.

Also, even though it hasn't been fast, I've been on a steady decline with my weight. I'm a daily weigher and I loke looking at where I was the week before - as long as it keeps going down week to week, it helps to keep me motivated.

I've also been motivated by my clothes fitting a little better. It's funny - in 2020, I lost 50 pounds and then gained it (mostly) back in 2021 - March 2023. In 2020, I didn't notice much of a difference in my clothes until I'd lost about 30 or so pounds. This time, I can already tell that everything is fitting better. I think part of it is that I noticed it fitting worse on my way back up.

464BD6DF-5BFD-43F0-BB61-BEDE97E07FFD.jpeg
Welcome to Tuesday!!!!

Topic today, do you have a morning routine that gets you off on the right foot? Maybe it’s a positive phrase, prayer or meditation, a walk or yoga…I have seen all of these but I will be honest I don’t do any of them.

I would like to start walking for 10 minutes before starting work now that it’s warmer and I am going to try and do that starting tomorrow!

My morning routine at the old house used to be to do the long drive along the beach to go get breakfast at Starbucks. Now it is to start by waking up the house by opening the drapes and pulling up the shades. Then I do a video with hand weights to get my mind and body ready. I also try to do my three pages of writing every morning and usually pull a tarot card for the day.

Topic today, do you have a morning routine that gets you off on the right foot?

I'm hoping to get back to a morning routine soon enough, but I'm just not waking up in the morning like I used to. Unfortunately, current routine is mostly dragging myself out of bed and making sure the girls are doing what they need to do to catch the bus in the morning.

I'm working on at least implementing a lunch routine on my work days of taking a walk or doing some yoga during my break, since I'm no longer awake in time to do it in the morning.

Topic today, do you have a morning routine that gets you off on the right foot?
Not really. My morning routine is to feed the cats, make a cup of decaf coffee, flip on the TV, and wake up slowly. - I guess it gets me off on the right foot mentally, but not in a practical sense. - I probably need something to get me moving by a certain time. :laughing:

Topic today, do you have a morning routine that gets you off on the right foot? Maybe it’s a positive phrase, prayer or meditation, a walk or yoga…I have seen all of these but I will be honest I don’t do any of them.

I don't have a great one. DH and I both have to be at work at the same time (we work together lol) - he's a morning person, so he (nicely) gets up and gets ready before me. So, my routine is to set my alarm for 5:51 and hit snooze so it goes off again at 6:00. He comes back into the room, flips the light on and I drag myself out of bed. We then make the bed and I head to the bathroom to start getting ready. I have to leave by about 6:45, so after my shower and getting ready, I'm usually rushing through packing my lunch and warming up my breakfast for the day.

I honestly don't think I'll have a productive morning routine until I retire. I just really don't like mornings!

My morning routine is controlled chaos as I make breakfasts, lunches and make sure everyone is ready for the bus. Oh and so that I am not stuck at work until late late I start answering emails at 730 and take morning conference calls in the car on the way to the office.
My routine, if you call it that, that gets me off on the right foot is a nice glass of water with breakfast...between 8 and 12 ounces depending on which cup I grab. This is followed by a coffee in the car so by the time I am at work I am very hydrated to start my day.

View attachment 759506
Welcome to Tuesday!!!!

I would like to start walking for 10 minutes before starting work now that it’s warmer and I am going to try and do that starting tomorrow!
Coffee, the nectar of the gods.

I'm up at 5:45am as DD is rushing to catch the train and DH is leaving for work. I make a small pot of coffee, two scoops of Dunkin Donuts Dark Roast and one scoop of Dunkin Decaf. I make two eggs. I weigh myself daily before I eat. I relax and have breakfast while watching half an episode of "The Young and the Restless" on the DVR (fun fact: I've watched the show since it came on the air in 1973 when I was 8 years old). Once I'm fully awake thanks to Dunkin, I can brush my teeth, make my lunch, do my make-up, get dressed, and fly out the door.

Last edited:
3CDBC745-A814-4B02-ABA7-3BBAE47086E2.jpeg
Good Morning and Welcome to Whoooohooooo Wednesday!!!

What are you Whoooohooooing today?!?

I am whoooohooooing that my foster is doing so well!! She’s a great dog too, especially for a puppy. She’s so well behaved and happy, she’s going to make a family very happy!

What are you Whoooohooooing today?!?

Whoohoo! I made it through another round of chemo and am officially on the other side of the icky part. I get to feel like myself until the 19th, only 3 more treatments to go!

Whoohoo! I've managed to keep my weight level this week despite all the challenges. Maybe I can sneak off a pound between now and next Friday.

Whoohoo! No homework for my girls this week because of state testing. I mean, testing sucks for them, but not having to make sure they all get their stuff done after school is *delightful*.

Woohoo… it was a lovely peaceful morning drive to the ferry. Gotta love the summer months when the sun is up before 5:30am. I’m on the earlier boat I was aiming for, headed in to the city for the day.

Woohoo… one of my appointments today is an eye exam for new glasses. The ones I’m wearing are old and not very flattering because the last two pairs I’ve gotten both broke. No more of the light weight wire frames for me.

Woohoo… tomorrow is my filler appointment, fingers crossed topping off what was put in back in January will really make a difference.

WooHoo - today is my last full day of work this week. Tomorrow I'm off all day because I'm taking my mom for her immunotherapy appointment. The bad part is we're leaving at 5:00 am (and I told you yesterday how much I love mornings lol), but I'm glad that I can take her. My sister and I trade off every other appointment, so it works well. I know that having to have the appointment is not a great thing, but we just try to make the best of it.

Then Friday, I'll be working a half day and I'm leaving town with my mom to take her to my cousin's middle daughter's high school graduation. It's Friday evening, so we'll be eating dinner with them, spending the night in a hotel and then heading home on Saturday after breakfast with them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter