Major Disney refurb and construction completion dates worldwide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry to sound stupid, but what is KS?

Our trip is June 4 - 8 and there are just so many new things that may or may not be open then that it is hard to be on top of it all.

Kilimanjaro Safari

EDIT: Nevermind. The page didn't reload with the previous answer.

I'm sorry to sound stupid, but what is KS?

Our trip is June 4 - 8 and there are just so many new things that may or may not be open then that it is hard to be on top of it all.
Kilimanjaro Safari. Now you can do it at nighttime - that's what the PP was referring to.

Edit: Never mind. For some reason the other responses hadn't loaded - was wondering why it was taking people so long to answer the simple question! LOL

sorry if this has already been talked about and I missed it but will soarin have the old film in one theater and the new one in the others or will they all be the new film eventually? I've heard both versions and I'm hoping the old film stays in some way but I'm leaning towards it going away.

sorry if this has already been talked about and I missed it but will soarin have the old film in one theater and the new one in the others or will they all be the new film eventually? I've heard both versions and I'm hoping the old film stays in some way but I'm leaning towards it going away.
The old film will be going away. That's not to say that the old film won't come back ever it's just going away for a while. Maybe in five years the old film will come back for a limited run.

The old film will be going away. That's not to say that the old film won't come back ever it's just going away for a while. Maybe in five years the old film will come back for a limited run.
thank you! I'll miss it but the new film looks like it'll be pretty good too!

Man I bet Big Thunder won't be done by the time we come in December =( I was really looking forward to riding it with my daughter too

I have just re-read the information on Disney's website and it's actually reopening November 19.
"From August 8 to November 18, 2016, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment."
Looks like you and your daughter will be able to ride after all :yay:

Sorry if I've already missed it but is there any rumor of when the new Star Wars firework show will start, other than June 2016? My family will be there June 5-10 and we have some pretty big Star Wars fans. Will the current show run if the new one is not up? Sorry I am new to all this WDW stuff and I don't know where to find all the info!

Sorry if I've already missed it but is there any rumor of when the new Star Wars firework show will start, other than June 2016? My family will be there June 5-10 and we have some pretty big Star Wars fans. Will the current show run if the new one is not up? Sorry I am new to all this WDW stuff and I don't know where to find all the info!
June 5th is the rumored start date.

June 5th is the rumored start date.

BTW - any rumor if there will be a dessert party or anything for it? Seems like the projections are a big part of the show and afraid it won't be as effective if not at a great vantage point and thought the dessert party might avoid having to camp out super long for a good spot

BTW - any rumor if there will be a dessert party or anything for it? Seems like the projections are a big part of the show and afraid it won't be as effective if not at a great vantage point and thought the dessert party might avoid having to camp out super long for a good spot
Haven't seen anything about the dessert party.

We were just there over the weekend and saw the Star Wars fireworks from our hotel. It was awesome!
We were there last week and went to the Dessert party...those fireworks, along with the iconic John William music, were AMAZING! The desserts were pretty much the same they serve for most of the dessert parties, but with a few Star Wars decorations.

We were just there over the weekend and saw the Star Wars fireworks from our hotel. It was awesome!

I'm having a hard time between Wishes and the Star Wars Fireworks.... which is my favorite at this point. Both are now MUST DOS. Illuminations.... not so much.:(

I'm having a hard time between Wishes and the Star Wars Fireworks.... which is my favorite at this point. Both are now MUST DOS. Illuminations.... not so much.:(

I am hosed now. We usually do RD and AM EMH. Plus, we want to see all of the night time shows, including the new AK ones. So much to do, so little time for sleep:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter