• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

January 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

I'm motivated by the Christmas things that have been put away - the space looks so fresh that I'm inspired to chip away at other things that need to be declutterred.

And I'm motivated to keep exercising because I'm starting out ahead of pace this month (thanks to some yard work before the snow and shoveling after). It feels good to have that cushion, so I want to keep it going!

We've got some big weather headed our way with snow predicted Thurs/Fri/Sat. But we are in the rain/snow shadow of the mountains again and are outside of the zone that the "blizzard" is expected to hit, so we'll see what actually falls.

I did stock up on food over the weekend but will shop again Weds, picking up a few fresh things that don't need to be cooked, just in case of a power outage. Other than that I need to find my waterproof boots because if it does snow I am for sure going out for many walks.

So I guess that's my motivation for the week... to be prepared for the incoming weather so I can enjoy it. Plus the gathering with the other gals from the Wheel of the Year class is tonight, and I'm really looking forward to that.

We are supposed to get snow this weekend but I don't think it will be much. I think next week or so it will get bad around here. I think even one of the days next week we will be in the single digit wind chills.

I had no self care yesterday. I did the FAFSA for my son and it didn't go well, then booked the shelter for Elizabeth's grad party in 2025 but the system wouldn't let me log in. It is such a pain. They was dinner and a little snarkiness between Jeff and I. It was a long day of not much working.

This week I am motivated by the weight that I have already lost.

I'm motivated by the Christmas things that have been put away - the space looks so fresh that I'm inspired to chip away at other things that need to be declutterred.

And I'm motivated to keep exercising because I'm starting out ahead of pace this month (thanks to some yard work before the snow and shoveling after). It feels good to have that cushion, so I want to keep it going!
It’s crazy to me how big my tiny house looks with my Christmas decor put away!!

We've got some big weather headed our way with snow predicted Thurs/Fri/Sat. But we are in the rain/snow shadow of the mountains again and are outside of the zone that the "blizzard" is expected to hit, so we'll see what actually falls.

I did stock up on food over the weekend but will shop again Weds, picking up a few fresh things that don't need to be cooked, just in case of a power outage. Other than that I need to find my waterproof boots because if it does snow I am for sure going out for many walks.

So I guess that's my motivation for the week... to be prepared for the incoming weather so I can enjoy it. Plus the gathering with the other gals from the Wheel of the Year class is tonight, and I'm really looking forward to that.
I am excited to see how much snow you get!!! Please share pics ❄️☃️❄️

Enjoy your time with friends tonight!!

We are supposed to get snow this weekend but I don't think it will be much. I think next week or so it will get bad around here. I think even one of the days next week we will be in the single digit wind chills.

I had no self care yesterday. I did the FAFSA for my son and it didn't go well, then booked the shelter for Elizabeth's grad party in 2025 but the system wouldn't let me log in. It is such a pain. They was dinner and a little snarkiness between Jeff and I. It was a long day of not much working.

This week I am motivated by the weight that I have already lost.
Not the best day ☹️ I hope this week is better! Proud of you for your weight loss!!

Not the best day ☹️ I hope this week is better! Proud of you for your weight loss!!
Thanks. I work for a college access program and we work with the FAFSA a lot and help people complete it. We also give out scholarships and that is where I work so I am not in the trenches like some of my co-workers with the FAFSA. FAFSA made so many changes (it is really a whole new FAFSA) that we are all learning right now. I was able to Teams message co-works and get it figured out quickly and I didn't have to contact FAFSA to get it fixed.

IMG_1121.jpeg

Happy Tuesday!!

Since the Holidays are over, what are you looking forward to this winter? Any special plans?

We are taking our kids at the end of the month to Puerto Rico for their Christmas gift and I can’t wait to spend time together!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!!

I think I am just looking forward to down time. Neither kid has any activities right now. So no games to rush off too. No parties or anything else for awhile. I think the next big thing is Nick's graduation. I am and am not looking forward to this.

I haven't been able to work out this week. Over the weekend I was doing really good with this cold. Felt like it was pretty much gone. I started yesterday morning coughing a lot. So after work I didn't do much. I am eating good still so that should work in my favor. I am just ready for this cold to be gone.

My plan for January is to hunker down and just winter. To be calm and quiet and soak up the dark, wet and cold of the season. Hopefully it'll be better than it sounds written out.

Yesterday it was very windy, today it is very wet and the rain has a bite to it. The pending blizzard seems to have dissipated, but we still have a prediction of an inch of snow Friday and another inch Saturday, followed by cold temps for several days. So if snow does fall it will stick around for a bit. Yesterday I started knitting a new hat pattern, after the increases for the crown it's just straight up knitting and I have a bunch of small balls of different colors of yarn to play with, so that'll keep my mind engaged... it'll be the perfect project for cold snowy days.

Last night a number of people had to cancel because of illness, so there were only four of us from the class and then a friend of the hostess joined in, so it had a different vibe that didn't quite sync up with what I was hoping for, but was still good. And it's a new experience for me to go to someone's house to visit like that, so I'm glad I went.

I think I am just looking forward to down time. Neither kid has any activities right now. So no games to rush off too. No parties or anything else for awhile. I think the next big thing is Nick's graduation. I am and am not looking forward to this.

I haven't been able to work out this week. Over the weekend I was doing really good with this cold. Felt like it was pretty much gone. I started yesterday morning coughing a lot. So after work I didn't do much. I am eating good still so that should work in my favor. I am just ready for this cold to be gone.
take it easy and feel better!!! It’s nice nice to have a break from the kids hectic schedules so enjoy it!!

My plan for January is to hunker down and just winter. To be calm and quiet and soak up the dark, wet and cold of the season. Hopefully it'll be better than it sounds written out.

Yesterday it was very windy, today it is very wet and the rain has a bite to it. The pending blizzard seems to have dissipated, but we still have a prediction of an inch of snow Friday and another inch Saturday, followed by cold temps for several days. So if snow does fall it will stick around for a bit. Yesterday I started knitting a new hat pattern, after the increases for the crown it's just straight up knitting and I have a bunch of small balls of different colors of yarn to play with, so that'll keep my mind engaged... it'll be the perfect project for cold snowy days.

Last night a number of people had to cancel because of illness, so there were only four of us from the class and then a friend of the hostess joined in, so it had a different vibe that didn't quite sync up with what I was hoping for, but was still good. And it's a new experience for me to go to someone's house to visit like that, so I'm glad I went.
There is a lady I follow on tik tock and she lives near the North Pole and she enjoys exactly what you are describing-cold, dark winter! She makes it look so cozy, you will do the same I am sure 😊

I feel like this is going to be the winter of calendar juggling. Between the kids activities and appointments (DS11 is getting braces soon so that will be lots of appointments) and a bunch of DH's friends having milestone birthdays in the next month the little boxes are filling up.
When he asked what I wanted to do for my birthday I said I don't care but i don't want to plan anything because I can't with logistics....I juggle all the schedules and it's exhausting. After he bounced around a couple ideas, none of which would have been practical in the winter (again me with the logistics) we settled on going out to dinner. So that's coming up.
And we have a few shows at ppac over the next few months so those are guaranteed nights out which are generally welcome.

While I was typing this DD said love you to my MIL and...I can't you guys...it's amazing

I feel like this is going to be the winter of calendar juggling. Between the kids activities and appointments (DS11 is getting braces soon so that will be lots of appointments) and a bunch of DH's friends having milestone birthdays in the next month the little boxes are filling up.
When he asked what I wanted to do for my birthday I said I don't care but i don't want to plan anything because I can't with logistics....I juggle all the schedules and it's exhausting. After he bounced around a couple ideas, none of which would have been practical in the winter (again me with the logistics) we settled on going out to dinner. So that's coming up.
And we have a few shows at ppac over the next few months so those are guaranteed nights out which are generally welcome.

While I was typing this DD said love you to my MIL and...I can't you guys...it's amazing
DD 🥹❤️🥹 so fantastic!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter