January 2024 W.I.S.H. Thread - Happy and Healthy New Year!!!

I am thankful that we are finally getting some snow on Sunday for the first time in almost 700 days!!! It’s been long enough!!!
❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

I’m also thankful for the colleagues and staff members who helped me out on Tuesday when I was faced with impossible challenges at school.

Last edited:
I am thankful that we are finally getting some snow on Sunday for the first time in almost 700 days!!! It’s been long enough!!!
❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

I’m also thankful for the colleagues and staff members who helped me out on Tuesday when I was faced with impossible challenges at school.

We are supposed to get snow this coming weekend and next week too. Last year we got a couple of small snow falls, but nothing too major here either (midwest area).

Tomorrow DH and I are leaving on a sales award trip that DH earned for last year. We're going to Punta Cana and I've kind of been dreading it because this is my busy time at work, but honestly, things have gone very smoothly these last couple of weeks and I'm feeling pretty good about leaving. So, I'm definitely thankful for that!

Thankful for the trip and thankful that things should be good at work while I'm gone!

I am finally back. This past week was not great. Nick's fever finally broke after about 6-7 days. He says his mouth/throat is still sore but much better. I ended up sick as well but just with congestion and a mild cough. Elizabeth got congestion as well but was no where as bad as the rest of us. I did nothing but sleep and lay on the couch for most of the weekend. I have not started to put away Christmas yet. I will get to that this weekend.

My woohoo is that we are all doing better in our house. This illness really knocked Nick and I down.

Another Woohoo is that I started tracking my food again (it has been years) and I am doing really good so far. I just weighed myself and I have lost about 6 pounds since early December without really trying. I am now below 170. I have a goal to lose 25 pounds and in the new app I am using it says I should be able to achieve this by late June. Once I meet this goal in the app I will do another 10 pounds and then keep with the small goals. I think focusing on small goals is better then looking at wanting to lose 50 to 70 pounds.

I have also started to do some more walking. I want to get 10,000 steps a day but I am taking it slow right now with still having some congestion and cough. The 1st I didn't do much as that was still not a great day. The 2nd, I took a walk outside and got almost 4,000 steps and yesterday I got a little over 6,000 between walking outside and on the treadmill.

I am thankful that Elizabeth was able to go to Universal with my sister and niece this week. We were hesitant to let her go. 1. Because she would be missing school (only 3 days) and 2. My niece and her don't always get along. We talked to her about this and she still wanted to go and said that she would be able to handle it if they started to get mad at each other. So far it sounds like they are have a great trip and she is having a lot of fun.

The past few days I've been frustrated with how my brain works (and doesn't work) and realized that I had begun to think that I would become more and more "normal" as I learned how to better manage my ADHD, but of course that isn't how it works at all. So I'm grateful for that insight and to be able to reset my expectations.

No snow for us in the foreseeable future... kind of sad about his.

I didn't do much yesterday. I did go for a walk and then that was it. I woke up at 3am yesterday with a really bad headache and by the afternoon meds were not helping much. So I spent the afternoon on the couch. Today I woke up a bit more congested again. Hoping it goes away soon.

Not much going on this weekend. I will pick Elizabeth up at the airport around midday today. Last time she wanted to video call us and we ended up talking for close to an hour. Sounds like she had a lot of fun at Universal and maybe was getting a bit home sick. I loved that she wanted to video call even if it was only to see her dog.

Tomorrow we will be going to the twins 2nd birthday. I can't believe they are 2 already and Sunday will be watching football.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Exciting day today - 1/2 day at work and then going home to finish getting ready for our trip. Our flight leaves at 5:15am, so we have to be at the airport super early! Not looking forward to that, but just means that we'll get to our destination earlier in the day I guess.

I think I mentioned that it's a sales award trip for DH - the odd thing is they are having an awards ceremony the first night we are there. It's from 7-9pm - I'm thinking everyone will be wiped out from their travel day, but I'm sure it will be nice anyway. I guess they want to have an official welcome, but will just make the day seem longer to have to get semi-dressed up for dinner and ceremony.

Hello Friday!

Tomorrow I'll be gone most of the day, I'm headed across the water to attend a class reunion planning meeting and will run some errands while I'm there. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the reunion thing, but keep talking myself off the ledge of not going... the other people known to be attending aren't people I knew well in school, so it isn't like there are going to be stories to recount the stupid stuff I did.

Sunday I have a hair appt. I've really been struggling with my hair in the current style so I think I'm going back to much shorter. Other than that it's the usual household and yard stuff.

Nothing much going on here. I helped out with the winter clean-up yard work at the lodge for about an hour this morning, stopped at MIL's to drop off some stuff and play with the dog, and now I'm watching yesterday's episode of The View. Tree (artificial) is still up, but the "clutter-y" stuff is down, and the house looks so much more open! Now we're just waiting for the snow.

Day before a snow storm is always fun but today was busy with DS11 at an all day scout function, DD having dance class and DH going to get the car serviced. DS8 and i braved the market for some baking supplies and made muffins which DD stole as soon as she returned from dance class.
House is partially undecorated but we left the lights on the bushes and in the windows because they will look pretty tomorrow under the snow. Tree is still up and some assorted smaller table top and winter decorations which will remain until March.
The snow tonight into tomorrow will be a decent storm for us but shouldn't be a huge one. When the mayor sent out a message yesterday he ended it with go buy your bread and milk but don't buy it all...IYKYK.
The snow has got me thinking ahead to vaca...just over 200 days. Already scheduled a mani pedi for 2 days before we leave.

Happy Saturday!!

Goodness are we getting an absolutely gross storm! The snow started early, around 930 and we walked at the SPCA this morning, they closed at noon. We had every dog out by noon which was amazing! Got some cute pics of some of the dogs in the snow, they all were enjoying it! Around 2 it changed to ice now it’s rain and ice, it’s really a mess!

Enjoy the pics of these precious babies

IMG_1118.jpeg

IMG_1111.jpegIMG_1117.jpeg

On the ferry headed home… all the angst over going to the reunion planning mtg was for nothing. As usual. I am so glad I did it because the fussing was a blocker to other things waiting to enter my life.

I have heard that we may get some snow next week, hurrah! I’m going to actually get some food into the house this weekend, in preparation. Who am I?

What a day of joyous celebration of a remarkable man...a man who touched so many lives not only in the NY/CT area, but globally through missions and service. I knew today was going to be a lot saying, "Goodbye" to someone so special in my life. He married us, provided pastoral counseling, baptized DD, and so much more.

We reconnected with old friends. We reunited with former associate pastors that we worked with when we were MYF youth group leaders. Some of our kids who are now all grown up, married, and parents themselves were there too. It was such a special day.

We got only a couple inches of snow, because it was raining on and off. Unfortunately, the temperatures are dropping overnight so it will be a frozen mess in the morning. Hopefully my school will have a delayed opening.

It’s very pretty though…a sight we haven’t seen in nearly two years.

❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️☃️❄️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter