FP or dining pkg seating better for ROL...

Draft 022317:

RoL-Seating-West_022317b_zps7egdpbr0.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the map. Following for more inside scoop as dis'ers see this show and post!

Would the FP and Dining have different return times or cut-offs to their respective sections?

I have a Dining reserved as well, but if we can squeeze in a Lion King that gets out 45 minutes before RoL start time, I'd be willing to switch to FP if for some reason the return time was later.

Would the FP and Dining have different return times or cut-offs to their respective sections?

I have a Dining reserved as well, but if we can squeeze in a Lion King that gets out 45 minutes before RoL start time, I'd be willing to switch to FP if for some reason the return time was later.

In regard to popular show schedules,
never expect a later arrival time to be as "safe" as an earlier arrival time, regardless of what time is stated.

What needs correction and/or clarification?

I think it's section A where people say is the only bad seat. @FastPasser is that accurate?

Edit to add:

Standby entrance is between sections T and V and you line up next to the lake (you ahve to walk around dino dig, to get in line you can't come from dino land into the line).

Dining plan/Preferred seating is section U and you line up in front of nemo if early. (using their normal standby waiting area for nemo so your away from the skinny walkway)

Fastpass enters at section J (there is actually 2 entrances on this side, not sure the different but I assume it's for mobility needs). You line up along the lake away from everest (and they can stretch the line all the way back to kali).

Last edited:

That's what I've read, too.

I added the following to my post in case you didn't see it.

Standby entrance is between sections T and V and you line up next to the lake (you ahve to walk around dino dig, to get in line you can't come from dino land into the line). standby Stroller parking is lake side next to the line.

Dining plan/Preferred seating entrance is section U and you line up in front of nemo if early.

Fastpass enters at section J (there is actually 2 entrances on this side, not sure the different but I assume it's for mobility needs). You line up along the lake away from everest (and they can stretch the line all the way back to kali). They rope off half the walkway.

Just in case.. U Q L P K is the preferred dining seating and the rest is standby, it's not a mix but they might ask everyone to slide down to fit in more standby.

There is also standing room only outside viewing. The bridge in the middle is taped off and you can watch from there. Also on asia side they might have a from behind view but you can't see the water screens at all and when they are on block the view but you can see it from there.

This may be an indicator. The private debut that took place before the soft openings for the mommy bloggers was comprised of only 750 guests. They were seated in the Asia side section at the 2nd FP entrance. They could have been seated anywhere in the amphitheater. Why there?

I think it has more to do with how that side of the theater has the new fake buildings that help block noise from EE. The rest of the theater is basically open air and you hear things behind you.

Does the bridge between Asia and Dinoland stay open until showtime?

(We'll be heading from Asia to the dining package seating.)

Just in case.. U Q L P K is the preferred dining seating and the rest is standby, it's not a mix but they might ask everyone to slide down to fit in more standby.

There is also standing room only outside viewing. The bridge in the middle is taped off and you can watch from there. Also on asia side they might have a from behind view but you can't see the water screens at all and when they are on block the view but you can see it from there.

Ack - Section "U" doesn't look like "preferred" seating. We are 7 spending the $$ on the dining package to avoid losing valuable time standing in line. Hoping this isn't like the EPCOT Christmas Concert. Huge $$$ for food with a ridiculous line wait that resulted in the same seating as the standby group.

So it looks like dining package will have better seating if you don't want to get in line super early for the FP seating, right? Right now, we have both the dining package booked and an ADR/FP while waiting on reviews to see which seating is better and if Tiffins will offer a full menu. Looks like with the dining package we're guaranteed to be closer to the center. And I know even with the package we can't walk in 5 minutes before show time.

I will be there in 2 weeks. I didn't get a FP so will going standby. Will be happy to report back how that goes. Thanks for the info Accident and Robo!!

At the corner behind E & I, or the corner behind A?

Ok went tonight.

E and i are vip seating and they enter near their seats.

A is hard to describe, its not bad and the screen you cant see is barely used but its great performer view.

Fp line starts near A. Or directly across path from ee bar.

I think it's section A where people say is the only bad seat. @FastPasser is that accurate?

Edit to add:

Standby entrance is between sections T and V and you line up next to the lake (you ahve to walk around dino dig, to get in line you can't come from dino land into the line).

Dining plan/Preferred seating is section U and you line up in front of nemo if early. (using their normal standby waiting area for nemo so your away from the skinny walkway)

Fastpass enters at section J (there is actually 2 entrances on this side, not sure the different but I assume it's for mobility needs). You line up along the lake away from everest (and they can stretch the line all the way back to kali).

Just to make sure I understand: We have a FP for ROL in April. Are you saying that people with FP are lining up prior to the show as far back as Kali? Sheesh. If that's the case I will have to consider if I want to do that. Maybe we'll just be prepared to sit in the "horrible Section A." :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter