FP or dining pkg seating better for ROL...

4HOLIDAYS

DIS Veteran
I am wondering if there is much difference in the seating areas. Does one or the other have a much better view?
Do we have a ROBO map for this yet?

There is a map of the layout somewhere aroudn from the jungle book show.

Here's my attempt to describe it. There is 2 sides to the seating with a river between them. Fastpass is the entire side next to EE and you enter near EE (and the line waiting can go back to as far as kali). Standby and dining is the side near Nemo. dining package is closest to center where standby is closest to dino. dining enters the stadium next to nemo and not in line with standby which is the pathway behind the dino dig but not next to dinoland. Dining uses the outdoor waiting area for nemo when there is a line waiting to go in. They also tape off a section on the bridge between nemo and EE for people to stand.

During jungle book, especially near the end of it's run they stopped using the edge of the stadium on both sides furthest from the center. I'm not really sure why but I suspect it's because jungle book having the close to you dancers wasn't easy to see from there. ROL does not have that and everything is further away in the lake.

I haven't seen ROL in person yet but I'm thinking there may not be a bad seat as far as seeing the show. I do remember seeing jungle book and hating the seating that got really hot from the sun in general but that had nothing to do with the view.

Accident, as someone who sat in the far side section (Everest side) it may have been due to the absolute inability to make out anything on the water screens. (Our view of the dancers was great.) We also experienced some problems loading the section - so hopefully they've rectified that!

I'd heard the same about "not a bad seat in the house" for RoL, since the stadium was purpose-built for that show.

Accident, are you say that some of those who book the dining plan will be standing for the entire show?

the map is on page one of the official RoL thread. The dinning package is on the Dinoland side, section LK are stone seats (they get really hot during hot days), QP are wood benches and SRM is the blue U and V section
The entire section in the Asia side is fp, I sat at the top of section D and had a great view

img_1840-png.220008

as someone who sat in the far side section (Everest side) it may have been due to the absolute inability to make out anything on the water screens.
Good observation. If you're in the FP/Asia side seating section, the end closer to the bridge is preferable for a more direct view of the projections on the water screen. Other than that, if there was a difference, I couldn't tell.

The water screens work much better this time around! We were in H and saw the screens perfectly.
20170212_191653.jpg

Accident, are you say that some of those who book the dining plan will be standing for the entire show?

I'm not sure where you got standing. Standby is you don't have fastpass or a dining reservation. Just like a ride, you have fastpass, standby (and single rider which is just standby without a group).

I'd heard the same about "not a bad seat in the house" for RoL, since the stadium was purpose-built for that show.

I can't see that being the case. I'm sure it's better than what happened at jungle book with the close to you never intended for there to be performers that close but if we're talking water screens.. the slightly wind and they aren't much of a screen assuming they haven't improved them (and the youtube video on it doesn't look like they changed at all).

but I havent' seen it so I'm just speculating so take my posts with lots of grains of salt and we'll start to get wider first hand accounts of seating and quality starting tonight.

The Rol debut took place over a week ago and there have been soft opening performances throughout the weekend. There are four first hand accounts on this thread alone and the main Rol thread has a few more. The impression they give is that except for the far end on the Asia side, viewing is satisfactory from just about anywhere. I have watched it from all vantage points and I concur.

The Rol debut took place over a week ago and there have been soft opening performances throughout the weekend. There are four first hand accounts on this thread alone and the main Rol thread has a few more. The impression they give is that except for the far end on the Asia side, viewing is satisfactory from just about anywhere. I have watched it from all vantage points and I concur.

thanks for this, I was waiting for someone who saw it multiple seats to chime in!

thanks for this, I was waiting for someone who saw it multiple seats to chime in!
This may be an indicator. The private debut that took place before the soft openings for the mommy bloggers was comprised of only 750 guests. They were seated in the Asia side section at the 2nd FP entrance. They could have been seated anywhere in the amphitheater. Why there?

the map is on page one of the official RoL thread. The dinning package is on the Dinoland side, section LK are stone seats (they get really hot during hot days), QP are wood benches and SRM is the blue U and V section
The entire section in the Asia side is fp, I sat at the top of section D and had a great view

img_1840-png.220008

Does anyone know where the wheelchair accessible area is on either side? I have a dining package reservation but wondering if the fastpass area would have good view. Are they all at the top where the wall is?

Attachments

• animal-kingdom-may-2016a7.jpg
    animal-kingdom-may-2016a7.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 28
I am booking my 30 day out FP tomorrow morning for AK. I got a dining package for RoL for a late lunch. I was thinking of getting a FP instead.

Can anyone confirm that both dining and FP are all seated locations, as 2 in my party will be on scooters and I assume parking them and going to seats/benches. They can't stand for the wait plus the show time.

I want to throw back the dining reservations to save the $$ for five of us, but that also eliminates the ability to get a 4th FP since the show is the last thing of the night.

What to do....

Thanks Robo !!!!!
You are always a great source of information !!!!!

What a nice thing to say!
Thank you, Bronte!

That's just the first draft of the map, and I'm sure there are things that need "fine-tuning" on it.

Also, I'll bet that Disney will be changing some things as time goes on.

It's been a few years since I've been active on these boards, Robo. But you're still the man! Thank you!

Two items that I would love to see on that brilliant map of yours:
1.) Where are the entrances to these sections?
2.) Are there any other ways to exit these sections other than the main entrance?

Very excited to see this on our Spring Break trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter