Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

Back from POR almost two weeks now. *sigh* I really miss it.

Anyway, I have a silly question. I loved the music playing in the buses to and from POR. Often, though, there was no music playing, just the sound of crickets chirping, lol. The chirping went on so long sometimes, that I wondered if the chirping could be something squeaking on the bus. Now, just so you know, I am missing the resort and Disney real bad right now, so I'm hoping somebody comes back here and says that those chirping sounds were definitely part of the piped in music and those were most likely genuine Louisiana bayou crickets we were hearing! ;) I grew to really love listening to the resort bus music and kind of got attached to those crickets. Ah, the little things you miss when it's over.

I totally understand this! I love the music they play on the buses and the crickets, too. It's soothing to me and I wish they had it somewhere online so I could listen to it!

We were just at POR a week and a half ago.. The breakfast sandwiches were such a disappointment! Two pieces of white bread partially toasted with egg cheese and a choice of either ham or bacon ... That's it.. They were pre made so they were a quick choice but they were dry as can be...We couldn't believe it!

Oh no! I love that flatbread, so the fact that they have replaced it with something that isn't good is kind of disappointing. I wonder if they did it for time. You always had to wait for 8-10 minutes for it. I never minded, because it was so good!

I know we loved the flatbread! I am assuming it is a time thing too ...and I don't think the sandwiches would have been as bad if they were on a croissant or a bagel or something.. The bread was just blah and...it was so dry it was crunchy like croutons around the edges ..

We love POR .. It's "home" to us but that was a little disappointing as was the change in the Roast beef sandwich..

So, It's officially 25 days until our trip!!! We have a preferred room reserved. Any suggestions on what to request? Can anyone explain how Touring Plans requests work?

I totally understand this! I love the music they play on the buses and the crickets, too. It's soothing to me and I wish they had it somewhere online so I could listen to it!

I, too, wish I could find the complete track. I did find a 4 minute Port Orleans Riverside Area Loop
on you tube complete with chirping crickets. :) I'm not sure a link is allowed here, but it sure did help me get my POR fix (reload, reload, reload, lol)

Also I inquired at the gift shop about buying one of those resort refrigerator magnets for POR but they said they didn't make those. I try to collect them from each resort we stay at, but was sad they didn't have one for POR. I have one from CSR. Would love one from POR.

I, too, wish I could find the complete track. I did find a 4 minute Port Orleans Riverside Area Loop
on you tube complete with chirping crickets. :) I'm not sure a link is allowed here, but it sure did help me get my POR fix (reload, reload, reload, lol)

I have lists of all the music that I know for sure (mostly the resort BGM loops) on my site, http://www.portorleans.org/music.php

Andre

Super excited! 60 days out. Stayed up tonight to do my FP+ and got everything I wanted at the times I wanted, including Elsa and Anna and viewing MK Christmas fireworks on Dec. 22nd :-)!...Have a 6:30 BOG ADR and need to be by Casey's corner for firework viewing by 7:35-7:55...that should be ok, right?...I figure we'll show up a few mins early for dinner ressie, just in case we can get in a few mins early, then ask to do the check while we are eating so we can hopefully be out within about an hour or so. It is now 1:24 a.m., but I can not sleep...too excited :-)!! So...question...someone told me that they were told not to do online check-in until you are almost ready to leave bc you won't be able to change anything if needed. Can someone elaborate? Is that true? What would be the "risks" of doing online check-in 60 days out?

You can modify your online checkin later if you want. Personally I can't see any reason not to do it 60 days out if that's what you want, there is no downside as far as I know.

Andre

You can modify your online checkin later if you want. Personally I can't see any reason not to do it 60 days out if that's what you want, there is no downside as far as I know.

Andre
Thanks, Andre! I've never had a problem before, but when she told me that I thought maybe something changed. It was her travel agent who told her that, and I certainly understand that travel agents don't necessarily know Disney ;-)! With so much to do between now and our Christmas trip, I want to do as much as I can now.

So, It's officially 25 days until our trip!!! We have a preferred room reserved. Any suggestions on what to request? Can anyone explain how Touring Plans requests work?
No suggestions but we are at 26 days to go! Maybe we'll see you there.

Anybody ever been upgraded at the front desk upon arrival? (ie: from a standard to a garden view, garden view to a river view, garden view to preferred, etc.) I've heard that if you mention that you have a special occasion (1st time, birthday, anniversary) and they have the availability, the cast members might help you out.
Keep an eye on your reservation on MDE. as your trip gets closer. Occasionally you will see your category change from what you booked to something better. ;)

~Cari~ pluto:

I have a Disney TA handling my reservations. We are 2 small families traveling to WDW for the first time. We have of course requested that our rooms be located close to each other. One couple has a King Room and one has a Garden View. We have requested to be in the mansions on a ground floor close to a footbridge (because one person in our party has had knee replacement). Our TA said she would make sure this gets accommodated. My question is, do the TA's have some sort of "special" contact with the resorts where they can get requests met easier than the general public, or would it still be smart of me to do the fax thing 5 days out?

I have a Disney TA handling my reservations. We are 2 small families traveling to WDW for the first time. We have of course requested that our rooms be located close to each other. One couple has a King Room and one has a Garden View. We have requested to be in the mansions on a ground floor close to a footbridge (because one person in our party has had knee replacement). Our TA said she would make sure this gets accommodated. My question is, do the TA's have some sort of "special" contact with the resorts where they can get requests met easier than the general public, or would it still be smart of me to do the fax thing 5 days out?

No they do not. And it definitely can't hurt to follow up the requests made by your TA with a fax. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the POR gift shop sells the autograph books that has the photo sleeves? Disney Store is sold out of them, so I was wondering if we could get it while we are there?

30 Days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter