Disney's PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE RESORT Information & Questions

It would be the south depot bus stop you would need to exit. It's typically the first POR bus stop.

But not always, some buses do West>North>East first, then the South Depot.

My niece was a very petite 12 year old said it was way too small for her.

My daughter is a relatively tall 15 year old (5' 6") and she slept very happily in one of the murphy beds for two weeks, so it rather depends on the individual I guess. She found it best to place one of the chairs at the end of the bed to create a sort of 'headboard' to prop the pillows against. I think you'd probably need to be the sort of person who snuggles up in their sleep rather than stretches out fully if you are that tall though.

upload_2015-10-22_22-10-54.png

Andre

Hey Everyone! We're staying at POR in Jan/Feb. I had to upgrade to riverview for the SPD discount. We want to stay in the AB--do you think most people request the mansions and our request for AB will be no big deal? It's so private and calm in the bayou and we want the murphy bed!

My wife and I are considering staying at POR during Star Wars Weekends this year. We would love to be in a preferred building with a King bed. What would be the best category to book to make our odds a litter better to get both?

Book King bed and request preferred building.
Book preferred building and request King bed.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

My wife and I are considering staying at POR during Star Wars Weekends this year. We would love to be in a preferred building with a King bed. What would be the best category to book to make our odds a litter better to get both?

According to Andre's site (http://www.portorleans.org/room-locations.php) you need to book a King room and request preferred.

Our magic bands just shipped!! Just about 3 weeks out and can't wait for a little Disney distraction in life. Also excited to return to POR which I haven't been to since I was a kid and it was known as Dixie Landings!
We just got ours. 22 days to go!

I had the same question booking our trip in Feb/March. The CM asked which was more important to us. Since I wanted to be in AB and close to the main building, I booked preferred room and requested a King bed. I think the prices btw preferred and King were close. I guess you just have to decide which is the most important to you personally. If by chance we get a room with 2 beds and I choose not to sleep with my snoring husband....oh well!

I had the same question booking our trip in Feb/March. The CM asked which was more important to us. Since I wanted to be in AB and close to the main building, I booked preferred room and requested a King bed. I think the prices btw preferred and King were close. I guess you just have to decide which is the most important to you personally. If by chance we get a room with 2 beds and I choose not to sleep with my snoring husband....oh well!
I didn't think you could request king since it was a separate category, so I booked preferred (since AB is important to us). So you're saying I can put king bed as a request even if only booked preferred?

~Cari~ pluto:

I didn't think you could request king since it was a separate category, so I booked preferred (since AB is important to us). So you're saying I can put king bed as a request even if only booked preferred?

~Cari~ pluto:

You can, but it is extremely unlikely you would get the king request as it is a separate bookable category. A room will be categorized as either a King or preferred, not both. So if you booked preferred you will only be place in a room categorized as preferred. If you book a King you can request buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27.

You can, but it is extremely unlikely you would get the king request as it is a separate bookable category. A room will be categorized as either a King or preferred, not both. So if you booked preferred you will only be place in a room categorized as preferred. If you book a King you can request buildings 14, 15, 18 or 27.
Ok. It's more important that we get the preferred room than the king bed so I will just keep it as is. I will add king to the request but know that it's a long shot. :)

~Cari~ pluto:

Newbie Question here. We have a Royal GV Room. There's nowhere to request which building but we'd prefer 90 (Oak). Do we just call our TA and have her request it? Secondly, my parents are staying on property the first night. They don' have a RR. Will they be automatically placed near us somehow? Our reservations are not linked although all of our dining and FPs are. Is all that exclusive of one another? How would I go about getting them closer to us if that's the case?

Lastly, through MDE, I've requested highest floor and corner room. Is this what I want? We don't which floor...

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That's probably the route we will take. In the long run, we wouldn't be happy in a far away building, so the preferred room will have to be our booking category. Hope it works out for you!

Ok. It's more important that we get the preferred room than the king bed so I will just keep it as is. I will add king to the request but know that it's a long shot. :)

~Cari~ pluto:

I do something similar. I book the location I want, because that is most important (last trip RR, this trip Preferred). Then I request river view. Unlikely, but it will be a plus if I get it!

You'll get off at the main bus stop by the front entrance. I can't remember the exact number or name specifically but I believe it's the first you'll stop at upon entering the resort. It's pretty obviously the main entrance. You'll enter a lobby area which is flanked by the general store, check in area, bar, etc. Just head straight through that area and out the back doors and the boat dock is down to your right-ish - you'll see it as soon as you exit. I believe the only boat service is to Disney Springs, so you don't have to be concerned about catching the right one. If all else fails, you can ask a CM and they'll point you in the right direction, but it's very easy to find. You should check out some walkthrough videos on YouTube - it will show you the exact layout.

Edited to add: The ride takes 20-ish minutes, maybe 25. It's pretty and relaxing, and the skippers are often quite nice, tell little stories, etc.

PERFECT :thumbsup2...thank you so much! :hug: You helped me finalize my "plan"...only 25 days away! :jumping1: Sounds perfect~explore the resort area and short trip to Disney Springs for Christmas shopping! Really looking forward to that day! :tink:

Absolutely right. To clarify further, here is an example of building 14. If you book Preferred and get building 14, you could be placed in any of the YELLOW rooms, but not in the blue or purple rooms (unless you got a free upgrade anyway). If you booked King Bed, you would in be one of the purple rooms. However by booking Preferred you know you will get a yellow (not purple) room in 14, 15, 18 or 27, whereas booking King Bed could give you a purple room anywhere in the resort (which is where a request might help, as you could ask for a King room in building 14, etc without it being an upgrade).

Floorplan-POR-AlligatorBayou-14.png

Newbie Question here. We have a Royal GV Room. There's nowhere to request which building but we'd prefer 90 (Oak). Do we just call our TA and have her request it? Secondly, my parents are staying on property the first night. They don' have a RR. Will they be automatically placed near us somehow? Our reservations are not linked although all of our dining and FPs are. Is all that exclusive of one another? How would I go about getting them closer to us if that's the case?

Lastly, through MDE, I've requested highest floor and corner room. Is this what I want? We don't which floor...

If you want a high floor (no one above you) and a corner room (extra window for more light) then yes those are the boxes to tick on the MDE online checking form.

If your parents have booked a different category then they would not normally be in the same building as you (Oak and Parterre are the ONLY buildings which have Royal Rooms, and there are no regular rooms there). The only way for you to all be in the same building would be if the resort managed to "pixie dust" upgrade your parents to a Royal Room, and otherwise the best option would be if they were on the southern side of Magnolia Terrace while you were in the Northern part of Oak Manor. If you booked through a TA, call them and get the two reservations linked on the system and have your requests noted. It might help to fax 3-5 days before arrival too, to reinforce your requests.

Andre

Absolutely right. To clarify further, here is an example of building 14. If you book Preferred and get building 14, you could be placed in any of the YELLOW rooms, but not in the blue or purple rooms (unless you got a free upgrade anyway). If you booked King Bed, you would in be one of the purple rooms. However by booking Preferred you know you will get a yellow (not purple) room in 14, 15, 18 or 27, whereas booking King Bed could give you a purple room anywhere in the resort (which is where a request might help, as you could ask for a King room in building 14, etc without it being an upgrade).

Andre
I think you broke my brain. :scratchin

~Cari~ pluto:

I just returned from my first visit to POR. I checked in online and received a text that my room was ready so I was able to bypass the lobby and go straight to my room. Though I didn’t get my room request and my building (37) was one of the bldgs furthest away from the lobby & food court, I really can’t complain. The room was clean & quiet. The walk to the food court wasn't that bad. I did find it odd that there wasn’t a garbage can in the room. There was a recycling bin, but no garbage can. I made do with the bag from the ice bucket and to go food bags. My room was not far from the North Depot. I never had to wait long for a bus. However, I did leave the water taxi line once because it was too long and I had dinner reservations and couldn’t wait. I don’t think that was a boat issue though. Downtown Disney seemed extra busy that evening. Even buses were having trouble getting in to drop off. Every time I used the North Depot a CM was there updating bus times. Also the time board at the South Depot seemed pretty accurate. Overall I enjoyed my stay there. The food court is good. The gift shop is awesome. All of the CMs I spoke with were very friendly and helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter