Disney Magic Kingdoms

Does anyone know if the potion costs to welcome characters became cheaper after the update? I've got everything I need to welcome Sulley, but it's 20,000 potions currently. If the update hits soon and it drops a lot, I'd hate to spend all those potions without actually needing to.

once you update you will need more items and it will cost you 23000. good luck.
it will add more characters though from other stories.
Sleeping beauty characters added.

Does anyone know if the potion costs to welcome characters became cheaper after the update? I've got everything I need to welcome Sulley, but it's 20,000 potions currently. If the update hits soon and it drops a lot, I'd hate to spend all those potions without actually needing to.

FINALLY have everything to welcome Roz!!
I've still got a couple bowler hats left to get Pete.
I was scrolling through my characters, looks like I've got everything to get Eve as well. Just so I've got my priorities correct, I need Pete welcomed before the quests to attack Zurg begin, correct? So he is a bigger priority than Eve? I'm getting low on potion (I've decided half my burger stand profits are going to Shanghai, feels right to blame them for both real and virtual park issues) and want to make sure I spend first on the characters that will help most.

Yeah, I read about that on Facebook, so I went ahead and welcomed him. Glad I asked!

FINALLY have everything to welcome Roz!!
I've still got a couple bowler hats left to get Pete.
I was scrolling through my characters, looks like I've got everything to get Eve as well. Just so I've got my priorities correct, I need Pete welcomed before the quests to attack Zurg begin, correct? So he is a bigger priority than Eve? I'm getting low on potion (I've decided half my burger stand profits are going to Shanghai, feels right to blame them for both real and virtual park issues) and want to make sure I spend first on the characters that will help most.

I'm wondering this too. I have Celia and Pete now. Should I clear the land left of Space Mtn first or welcome Eve? I also have all the items to welcome Roz but I've read here she doesn't do much to move the storyline along.

To combat the drop in happiness levels, I've been leaving a couple kids whose wishes have been granted just running around the park, not collecting the smiley face.
Then, if I've been away from the game for a few hours (with like, sleeping or real life getting in the way of constantly monitoring my park like this game seems to think I should do) I've got a quick boost of happiness wandering around. I haven't seemed to have lost any of them while I'm away.

I'm wondering this too. I have Celia and Pete now. Should I clear the land left of Space Mtn first or welcome Eve? I also have all the items to welcome Roz but I've read here she doesn't do much to move the storyline along.

Roz is needed, as well as Pete, to re-start the Zurg attack quests (although they're not involved directly - it's Buzz and Woody, then Jessie and Rex). Eve is a nice-to-have, although useful: I actually unlocked Roz first, then Eve, as she was useful in obtaining Pete's epic mouse ears, before finally getting Pete.

I've got Roz now, still working on bowler hats for Pete, I'm working on 1 hour missions to build up some potion before welcoming Eve.

I've got Roz now, still working on bowler hats for Pete, I'm working on 1 hour missions to build up some potion before welcoming Eve.
Yes, I did the same, burger farm worked hard for a couple of days, for Roz, Eve, Pete and then the land expansion once Zurg is defeated! If you can play for an hour or so continuously, it makes a difference having Woody, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy doing their 60s quests too. I was finding I could run each one 4-5 times between burger stall harvesting, so, allied to the 1 hour quests, was accruing about 4500 potions per hour.

Does anyone have the Parachute Drop? Wondering if that is a better purchase or if the RC Racers is. Or any of the other newer ones that are meant for the fantasyland area. I have 181 gems, hopefully adding to that with the gems payout after the broom challenge is over too.

To combat the drop in happiness levels, I've been leaving a couple kids whose wishes have been granted just running around the park, not collecting the smiley face.
Then, if I've been away from the game for a few hours (with like, sleeping or real life getting in the way of constantly monitoring my park like this game seems to think I should do) I've got a quick boost of happiness wandering around. I haven't seemed to have lost any of them while I'm away.
I've been doing this too! It seems a waste to collect the smiley face if you are at max happiness. So, I let them wait until I go back into the game later.

I absolutely cannot get my happiness back up to ecstatic level. As soon as I get close I get only character wishes that are at least an hour long and by the time they're done it's back down to 80 something percent in the the joyous level :(

Does anyone have the Parachute Drop? Wondering if that is a better purchase or if the RC Racers is. Or any of the other newer ones that are meant for the fantasyland area. I have 181 gems, hopefully adding to that with the gems payout after the broom challenge is over too.

RC Racers is definitely better. It helps you with getting more items. The attraction itself gives you Pete's hats and Hamm's ears. Plus you have more helpful missions that you can do with RC Racers compared to Parachute Drop probably the best being Jessie's racing queen mission which can get you Pete's ears in only 4 hours.

Roz is needed, as well as Pete, to re-start the Zurg attack quests (although they're not involved directly - it's Buzz and Woody, then Jessie and Rex). Eve is a nice-to-have, although useful: I actually unlocked Roz first, then Eve, as she was useful in obtaining Pete's epic mouse ears, before finally getting Pete.
Is there any way to defeat Zurg without Rex? I have enough gems saved for him but only want to use them if he is a MUST HAVE to be able to defeat Zurg.

Is the only way to get Rex is to buy / purchase him with real $$$?

Yes, the only way to get Rex is with gems. It is possible to save enough gems through game play to welcome Rex without spending money to buy gems, but if you want to welcome all of the characters the only way to do that would be to give in and put money into the game since there are so many gem only characters (Pluto, Rex, Boo, Wall-E, Maximus, etc). If you do decide to put money in definitely take advantage of the promo deals when available. I think promo deals last for 2 days after you unlock the ability to welcome that character into the game.

Is there any way to defeat Zurg without Rex? I have enough gems saved for him but only want to use them if he is a MUST HAVE to be able to defeat Zurg.

You do not need Rex to defeat Zurg. You can do it just using Woody, Jessie, and Buzz.

I don't mind spending a few bucks on this game. I do think game designers deserve something for the hard work. I just don't want to drop 50-60 on a game like this ya know. Right now I have a deal for Rex which is why I asked.

So with the deals, how much would you spend in just characters? Anyone figure that out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter