Disney Magic Kingdoms

RC Racers was also the most successful for me (and other players I've spoken to) for getting Pete's Mouse Ears, which are 'Epic' and hence pretty tough to get to drop - Jessie has a 12-hour (I think) quest on RC Racers, which for me, dropped 2 sets of Pete's ears in 3 attempts. Mickey and Eve got the others.

Oh yeah. You mean because of Jessie being able to do the Racing Queen mission to help get Pete's ears. That's a very nice much shorter (time-wise) alternative to get his ears. Yeah I think RC Racers may have been the best gem acquisition I made.

Is anyone else having an issue with their push notifications being a bit off? Mickey is leveling up; however, I keep getting notifications that he has finished a task. This is happening with Sarge and Celia who also.
yes after updating it keeps telling me people are done with tasks when they aren't or after i already had them move on to something else it will tell me they are done with the last thing. Kinda confusing.

so anyone notice that the tangled float gives Minnie items? is it just me or does the update move it to the Mickey float?

I am debating whether to update the game - can anyone tell me if the character level-up times are shorter? I have a few Toy Story characters who are on the 16/20/24 hour levels and I am wondering whether the wait time would be shorter if I did the update. I see from reading the thread that you now have to get more tokens to do the upgrades but the tokens are easier to get?

And does anyone know if the first section of Fantasyland has gone down? In my version it's 70,000 magic.

Ok, this is driving me crazy. I am working on the Behind the Curtain task. It says to "Send Mike to prepare the Laugh Floor for the show". What is that?? I've tried having him check on the laugh floor, a group visit with Sulley, perform stand up.... I thought maybe it was something he needed to level up for, so I leveled up to 5. Nothing. What am I missing?

Ok, this is driving me crazy. I am working on the Behind the Curtain task. It says to "Send Mike to prepare the Laugh Floor for the show". What is that?? I've tried having him check on the laugh floor, a group visit with Sulley, perform stand up.... I thought maybe it was something he needed to level up for, so I leveled up to 5. Nothing. What am I missing?

It's on the Wiki here - http://disneymagickingdomswiki.wikia.com/wiki/Behind_the_Curtain and seems to be in two parts - does Sulley need levelling up?

I just updated pluto to level 10 and now he has disappeared. at least he gave me 5 gems before he ran away from home. :(

Ok... has anyone who is on android updated the game? I tried visiting friends' parks and got a message that I need to download a current version of the game but when it sends me to Google app store it is still the same version I'm already running.

I have had 2 times in a row with just 7 brooms vs 8. I have also had nutso notifications coming through, multiple ones for tasks being completed that my characters aren't even currently doing. And last night at one point my attractions had all be moved around and I couldn't move them back because there wasn't enough clear land even when there actually was. Very glitchy update!

I just noticed that attractions in the shop that cost gems are discounted! It looks like the sale is on for 3 days. The discount varies but most of the attractions are discounted at least 20%.

I'm off to get the RC racers!

Just downloaded the update and I'm so irritated. I had almost got all the magic required for Pete, and now, even though the magic required has decreased, I now have to get more items for him! Hopefully they've increased the drop rate at least

Thanks for the heads up, I have all but one of the items and the magic. I was going to do the upgrade, but I think now I will wait until I have Pete in the bag.

Burger Stand rewards reduced to 2 potion and 1 star every 6 minutes. And the crows are gone.

With the increased items needs for some characters and the reduced rewards, I won't be in any hurry to update. And people are posting on the Gameloft forums that this update did not fix the missing daily rewards bug, despite Gameloft's claim that it would.

So glad to read this about the update. I went straight to the app and turned the auto update off. I might max out some of the characters before updating.

Also since the tasks are taking so long now, I am going to drop some of the burger farm and replace with a Mickey Hat farm. I am not checking in as much and need to pick up as much magic when I do which is Every 3 hours now to sweep some brooms :lmao:

me too! Its kind of annoying.

Also, finding it more difficult to get those stupid Brooms cleared out without the Ravens. They generally flocked in the vicinity and were easier to see than the brooms .
ya strange how you miss the ravens because they were helpful but annoying :)

I've found that the parade is giving better payout after the update. I bought the Wall-E float and now run it for the sake of getting Eve parts to drop. I also usually make 500 magic off that float, too. I realize I'm losing magic but I don't have Wall-E so I'll likely keep doing it

So far, I think Wall-e is my favorite character to watch in the park. Watching him cleanup or collect items is really cool!

This is crazy. I absolutely cannot figure out how to get gems. I have 14! And I've been playing for a week. Do all of the burger stands, etc. only give magic? My characters are all leveling up but I am getting at most 1 or 2 gems from those. And I don't think I am getting any from the attractions. What am I doing wrong?

This is crazy. I absolutely cannot figure out how to get gems. I have 14! And I've been playing for a week. Do all of the burger stands, etc. only give magic? My characters are all leveling up but I am getting at most 1 or 2 gems from those. And I don't think I am getting any from the attractions. What am I doing wrong?

The #1 way to get gems is to buy them. This is typical for "freemium" games, and how they make their money. I've seen games that are better and worse at dropping the most valuable currency, this game seems to be on the stingy side, but still feels doable.

I do not buy gems, so otherwise it's a very, very slow process, as you noticed they only give you 1-3 at a time. Without buying gems you get gems from:

1. Leveling Up
2. Leveling Up Characters
3. Broom / Raven Contest prizes (the current one gives out 15 for reaching a certain total collected)
4. Parade rewards (random)
5. Daily rewards (gems rewards aren't everyday, but looks like maybe twice a week)

I've been playing since the game started and only have collected a total of

Current: 60
Spent - parade slot: 5
Spent - Pluto House: 50
Spent - Parachute Drop: 175
Spent - oopsies: 11 or 18, wasn't really paying attention when it happened.

Total: 301 or 308

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter