Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our Best Buy now carries Disney gift cards and I was able to use my $10 rewards certificate to purchase a $50 Disney gift card...20% off, I'll take it!!

Found new way around Disney Gift Cards at Target especially since it is Hit or miss whether or not a manager will include Disney Gift Cards as part of the $5 gift card promotion. Right now Target had a $50 visa gift card but is valued at $55. You can then use it to buy Target gift cards on Raise then use them to buy the Disney Gift Cards at Target saving an additional 5%

Went ot Target this morning for a few items and saw $25 Disney GCs, so I decided to try out the deal. Checked out in the express lane where the cardboard display of GCs were located with the weekly ad sign above the display. The register didn't indicate the free $5 Target gift card, so the cashier automatically put in for it. She accidently put in for TWO $5 GCs when I only bought 2 Disney GCs to see i the deal worked. So, after using Redcard, I paid $37.50 for $50 in Disney GCs! I'm ok with that! :-)

Found new way around Disney Gift Cards at Target especially since it is Hit or miss whether or not a manager will include Disney Gift Cards as part of the $5 gift card promotion. Right now Target had a $50 visa gift card but is valued at $55. You can then use it to buy Target gift cards on Raise then use them to buy the Disney Gift Cards at Target saving an additional 5%
Forget that! Just read the fine print and there is a fee at purchase so you would break out even

Went ot Target this morning for a few items and saw $25 Disney GCs, so I decided to try out the deal. Checked out in the express lane where the cardboard display of GCs were located with the weekly ad sign above the display. The register didn't indicate the free $5 Target gift card, so the cashier automatically put in for it. She accidently put in for TWO $5 GCs when I only bought 2 Disney GCs to see i the deal worked. So, after using Redcard, I paid $37.50 for $50 in Disney GCs! I'm ok with that! :-)

Nice savings but I would feel bad/guilty and let the cashier know that she accidentally gave me 2.

Does anyone know if you can combine Southwest gift cards since you can only use 4 forms of payment?

Speaking only from what I've read on these boards, no. But you can work around it by buying tickets individually and even breaking out round trips into 2 one-way tickets.

Does anyone know if you can combine Southwest gift cards since you can only use 4 forms of payment?

Yes, two options: the one-way workaround mentioned by PerfessorZ is likely the most simple option. If that won't work for you, you can purchase a flight using the maximum number of gift cards allowed, cancel the flight, and they'll issue you a single credit for the amount of the flight. The problem with that option is that the credit you produce is not a gift card, so it does expire (I believe after 1 year).

Nice savings but I would feel bad/guilty and let the cashier know that she accidentally gave me 2.
I didn't know she handed me two until I went through my cards in the car. I had several cards in my transaction, including an employee discount card (doesn't work on GCs), RedCard, Visa Debit GC via Target, the GCs I purchased, as well as the free Target ones. I left with a handful of cards, planning to file them in my wallet once out of everyone's way in the store. Our store is the only big box store in town and it gets crazy busy, even without holiday shopping season.

Our Best Buy now carries Disney gift cards and I was able to use my $10 rewards certificate to purchase a $50 Disney gift card...20% off, I'll take it!!
I actually did this the other day, only with a $25 Disney gift card - so my total was $15 - not a bad discount! Thanks to this board for the idea.

I just got back from Target. They had no signage anywhere in the store for the $5 gift card when you purchase two $25 gift cards. They had three separate gift card displays - one at the front of the store, one by greeting cards & one in electronics. I had the cashier look at the flyer and she said it was only for the three listed in the ad. I said the fine print ready ANY gift card $25 or more. She called a manager over and they gave me my $5 gift cards. I purchased Xbox, Starbucks & Disney ones.

I'm not sure if this would apply to Disney Gift Cards or not, but could save someone $5 on something: I have had a $200-ish item in my target.com cart since yesterday (up to right before final check out and not a gift card), not really sure if I want it or not and waiting until my 20% is valid if I do get it. I got an email from Target today with a code for an extra $5 off because they want me to complete the order. So, might be worth leaving big-ticket items in your cart for a day if you can wait (or even if it's something you don't really want, I suppose). Also, the promo code says $5 off your next $50 order, so I'm thinking I could maybe not get the item in my cart and order a Disney Gift Card instead with $5 off...

ETA: I played around with the $5 promo code and it does not work on Disney or Target Gift Cards. It might be category-specific. I had a carseat in my cart and it seems to work on other baby-items, such as different carseats, strollers, etc. Didn't work on a toy, though. So, YMMV.

Last edited:
Just bought $350 worth (all they had) at one of our local targets-no change in the signage like some other stores seem to have done and it appeared that nobody had asked about this so far this week-or else the on duty manager hadn't been briefed-honestly seemed like this was the first time it had been mentioned and said to honor it since there weren't any listed restrictions.

I went to the 2 Targets in my area. Neither knew of it but did honor the $5 per 2 gift cards once I had them check the ad. The 2nd store just took the gift cards off as a coupon instead of messing with it at all. I bought $500 (all they had) and he took $50 off the purchase. I used my red card too so got that discount as well. The 2nd store, the trainer rang me up because the cashiers didn't know how. He even informed me of the DVA to "help me earn even more"! I didn't tell him I knew of it but thought it was very nice of him. I was sort of disappointed that he didn't issue the gift cards so I could turn around and use them online to order more but overall I'm happy with the savings. And at least I didn't have to enter 10 $5 gift cards into my mobile app!

For those who did not get their 20% coupon, I talked to a manager at my Target store this morning. I explained the whole deal and how I had called Guest Relations and they told me to just come to the store starting on the 4th and they would ring me up with a 20% discount. First, she said they knew nothing about people not getting the coupon, and had not been told by corporate that there would be people coming in asking for the discount. Second, she said it is really 'not ideal' to have people coming up to the CS desk with a cart full of merchandise needing to be rung up. She seemed annoyed that GR told me to do that lol. Anyways, she just gave me a 20% coupon. Did not even care to see proof of my order when I offered to bring it up.
I got my 20% coupon today at noon! It was funny because as I was complaining to a friend of mine, she sent me one - at the exact same moment the email came in.

I did check at my local store in the morning though, and they said they could honor the email if the coupon didn't arrive in time. Thanks for the help wendow!

I was sort of disappointed that he didn't issue the gift cards so I could turn around and use them online to order more

I wouldn't be disappointed - you save a slight percentage more by having them take the amount directly off of the total than you would have if they had issued the gift cards correctly!

Does anyone know where I am see the ad from Target about buying 2 $25 gift cards and getting the $5 Target gift card?

Also....this is probably a stupid question.....if I get enough, can I use many $5 Target gift cards to buy another Disney gift card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter