Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ad was in the weekly store ad (not the small cyber week one) toward the end on the bottom. Yes you could use those target gift cards to turn around and buy Disney gift cards the same day as they are immediately activated but my experience in buying items that qualify for a free gift card is that it is not supposed to be used on the current purchase it is for a "future" purchase. So I would think you would need to purchase then go back through the line and make a second purchase.

I didn't know she handed me two until I went through my cards in the car. I had several cards in my transaction, including an employee discount card (doesn't work on GCs), RedCard, Visa Debit GC via Target, the GCs I purchased, as well as the free Target ones. I left with a handful of cards, planning to file them in my wallet once out of everyone's way in the store. Our store is the only big box store in town and it gets crazy busy, even without holiday shopping season.

Oh I see. The cashiers at our Target make a big show when it comes to an earned gift card, they tell us how much and count how many we got. They act like they are excited for us.

Does anyone know where I am see the ad from Target about buying 2 $25 gift cards and getting the $5 Target gift card?

Also....this is probably a stupid question.....if I get enough, can I use many $5 Target gift cards to buy another Disney gift card?
It's in the middle of the print ad. There was link to it pages and pages ago. It's on the right side of the page at the bottom. There are 3 cards pictured, but it says that the extra card is for "any" 2 cards $25 or more. If you buy 10 $25 Disney gift cards you should receive 5 $5 which is enough to buy another $25 Disney gift card.

ETA: I just loaded up all my "gift for purchase" Target giftcards (from Disney cards and other things purchased at Target like a $180 TV) onto the one of the cards I got off of eBay and I have enough for 4 more $25's :). I'm going out of town tomorrow so I'm hoping that the target where I am going is cooperative.

Thanks for the heads up!
I was able to find (18) $25 Disney gift cards at my local Target. I went to Customer Service and like everyone else when I had them ring up two of them but nothing promoted them of the $5 Target card. She looked at page 20 of the ad and then proceed forward with honoring the promotion.

She did mention that you can't use Target gift cards to purchase other gift cards so no worries I'm sure we will use the $40 in Targets on something else :)

She did mention that you can't use Target gift cards to purchase other gift cards so no worries I'm sure we will use the $40 in Targets on something else :)
I've purchased Disney gift cards with Target gift cards. I would go ahead and try it anyway. At the very least you can use them online.

Thanks for the heads up!
I was able to find (18) $25 Disney gift cards at my local Target. I went to Customer Service and like everyone else when I had them ring up two of them but nothing promoted them of the $5 Target card. She looked at page 20 of the ad and then proceed forward with honoring the promotion.

That's interesting because I did use a target gift card today to buy my Disney gift cards but it was a purchased gift card not a promotional one.....just looked at the back of the promotional cards I got today vs the back of the one I purchased outright-the purchased one says it only can't be used to purchase "Amex, Visa, and Master Card prepaid cards" whereas the promotional one says "Amex, visa, and master card gift cards AND prepaid cards) so I guess that is why.

So, are "entertainment cards" AKA Disney GCs considered "prepaid cards?" I was saving my promotional GCs to buy a "free" Disney GC. I read on here someone else did that. So, it won't work, now?

I think they are considered prepaid gift cards-that is how many of us have been able to use the the current ad promotion to qualify for the $5 promo with the purchase of any 2 $25 or higher prepaid cards. If you already have a mobile target login you can still combine gift cards via the mobile website.....
I just used it tonight to load my promotional cards onto my primary gift card because I hate having a bunch of little ones to carry around-I guess the added bonus is that it is the one without the "prepaid card" restriction so I imagine I would be able to use it to buy again in the future-as others have said you have thus far been able to redeem online as well but not sure if they are instructing cashiers to no longer accept the promo cards for gift card purchases.

Does anyone see a need to keep all the $25 gift cards once they're combined on the disney site to another card and show $0 balance?

Does anyone see a need to keep all the $25 gift cards once they're combined on the disney site to another card and show $0 balance?
I didn't at first when prepping for my last trip and destroyed them after transferring the balance. Luckily I bought a couple more right before I left & never disposed of them and when I lost(!) the original right before my trip I simply transfered the balance to one of the last minute cards I bought. After that experience I plan to keep one as a "zero balance" back up in case anything happens to the "Original" so I can transfer the balance if necessary.

Keep in mind that there is a limit of combining 25 Disney Gift Cards into 1 on that DisneyGiftCard.com website. I had to start a 2nd "Primary" card. Now I have two cards to take with me to Disney. Both cards are on my smart phone gyft app that I can use in the parks as well.

Keep in mind that there is a limit of combining 25 Disney Gift Cards into 1 on that DisneyGiftCard.com website. I had to start a 2nd "Primary" card. Now I have two cards to take with me to Disney. Both cards are on my smart phone gyft app that I can use in the parks as well.
Are you certain it's because of the $1,000.00 card limitation?

I only had 21 $25 cards = $525. I also had 7 $100 cards. It only let me add 4 of the $100 cards = $925. So I have one $925 and one $300 now.
It wouldn't let you add the 5th $100 GC because it would have put the total over $1000. If you had entered the 7 $100 GCs first, you would have been limited to adding 12 $25 GCs.

Possible deal ... Raise.com has H-E-B gift cards for 8% off. In addition, this weekend the H-E-B gift cards are an additional 5% off with code TAKE5. I bought $210 in Gift Cards for $183.54 (12.6% off).

I'll run by H-E-B over lunch to see if I can buy a $210 $15-$500 Disney Gift Card with these. I doubt it. But even if not, I do my normal grocery shopping there, so there is no risk.

Last edited:
I added $750 worth of $25 gift cards last night so it does work. I tell you, I found the downside....scratching off all of those cards and then entering it seemed to take quite some time. Worth it but ugh.

I added $750 worth of $25 gift cards last night so it does work. I tell you, I found the downside....scratching off all of those cards and then entering it seemed to take quite some time. Worth it but ugh.

Agreed! I've been churning $25 target cards, 32 at time, and I about go blind trying to read all those numbers.

I came up with a partial work-around, but it's a bit technical. I use a bar-code reader app & "scan" all the cards into an email, and open it on my computer. I have to do a little extra manipulation on the numbers since the "card number" is just a subset of what is read by the bar-code reader. Then I manually key in the PINs, although they're half as many digits, so less prone to keying errors. And finally, I copy & paste into the mobile website on my PC to merge them all together. Still a lot of work, but it cuts down the effort by maybe 30% I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter