• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
When using the Disney gift card website to combine cards, keep in mind that you may only store up to five cards at any time. You must make one of them primary and then can transfer value on to the primary. You can delete the old ones as you add new ones. You may also change your primary at any time. It’s wacky and disjointed, just like a lot of I.T. things I see from Disney. But it is helpful in ending up with one or two gift card numbers to load into a DVA or for DVC dues.

I ended up with two of the Target 20% off coupons. When I went in to pick up my new Bissell that I ordered online on Black Friday I mentioned the coupon that I was promised, cause I wasn’t leaving without it! The CSR didn’t seem to know what I was talking about. She said, “Is that available for online purchases too?” I said, “Oh, yes. It is splashed all over the Target homepage today.” She walkie-talkied a manager to ask about the coupon and was told to give me one. And I still received the coupon e-mail the next day! I honestly didn’t read up on how the coupon was to be delivered, so I wasn’t even trying to scam anything, and I ended up with two!

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread. I have learned so much! I really didn’t think we could afford Disney anytime soon, but now that I know ‘the ways’ I am doing things incrementally and at quite a savings! Sincere thanks to you all!

Sigh, I ordered 3 $100 ebay cards from Target at 10am and they still haven't been delivered, nevermind activated....May be able to get in on the 4x ebay bucks, or maybe not.

Sigh, I ordered 3 $100 ebay cards from Target at 10am and they still haven't been delivered, nevermind activated....May be able to get in on the 4x ebay bucks, or maybe not.

Yikes that's not good. I'm racing out in a few minutes to pick up my Target GCs from the UPS store hoping to be able to turn them into eBay gift cards fast enough to take advantage of the 4x eBay bucks. I guess if it happens it happens.

But still, with your RedCard, that's $105 of potential Disney cash for $95 (9.5% off). That's still nothing to sneeze at, especially when you don't have to go through a rigamarole with a manager to get it to work.

I have $1325 in Disney Gift Cards ready for my week long trip. I plan to go to Target Sunday and get a little bit more at the 9.5% off before I leave for Disney on the 11th. Most likely $525 of Disney cards for $475.
I go the Kroger route and aim for a 19% minimum but I know not everyone has that option. And I see it as $100 of gift cards for $90 (10% discount).

That's a case of YMMV. Technically, the answer is NO, but I was able to do it last year by telling the CM that it was a GC. However, I did not get the $20 GC for each $1K spent.

I didn't see this response when I asked the same question. Sorry. But thanks for posting, if we don't get the $20 GC I don't think I will both trying to pay from there after all anyways. I will just use my credit card or gift cards if I have enough.

Hope you get yours! I am not holding my breath at all that I will get one emailed. There are a few of us here and then more people on slickdeals who also did not get theirs. I've not seen anyone post they have gotten one since it appears the masses got theirs on Saturday. So I don't really believe the whole system is still sending them out story. But maybe Target will prove me wrong...I am picking up an in store order today from Target. I'm going to ask them about it.

I called and talked to a supervisor who said gift cards didn't qualify for the 20% coupon. When I told her that I received an email that said my purchase did qualify she asked me to forward it to them. Last night I got an email from Target saying to email me if I didn't get the coupon yet. I replied that I didn't get it. Today I got an email saying they sent it again (still not received and yes I'm checking spam) and to call in 24 hours if I still haven't received it. Sounds like a big run around to me! I guess I will just go to the store and see if they will give me the coupon that I earned.

I go the Kroger route and aim for a 19% minimum but I know not everyone has that option. And I see it as $100 of gift cards for $90 (10% discount).

The reason it's not $100 for $90 is that you need to spend $95 on your RedCard to get $105 of product. Each subsequent purchase, if you use the $5 Target Gift Card to supplement the purchase, would yield a $95*.95 = $90.25 for $100 of product (9.75% off). So that's a little better.

5 iterations of the first method = $95*5 = $475 for $525 worth of Disney GC (9.53%)
5 iterations of the second method is $95 + $90.25*4 = $456 for $500 in Disney GC and a $5 Target GC (if you say that $5 is Disney, then it's 9.7% off)

Last edited:
Yikes that's not good. I'm racing out in a few minutes to pick up my Target GCs from the UPS store hoping to be able to turn them into eBay gift cards fast enough to take advantage of the 4x eBay bucks. I guess if it happens it happens.

I, too, am waiting on an order from lunchtime for eBay cards. I'm not encouraged as the last ones I ordered on BF took days to show up.

I called and talked to a supervisor who said gift cards didn't qualify for the 20% coupon. When I told her that I received an email that said my purchase did qualify she asked me to forward it to them. Last night I got an email from Target saying to email me if I didn't get the coupon yet. I replied that I didn't get it. Today I got an email saying they sent it again (still not received and yes I'm checking spam) and to call in 24 hours if I still haven't received it. Sounds like a big run around to me! I guess I will just go to the store and see if they will give me the coupon that I earned.

I was not able to get in and get my order today. Going early in the morning.

As far as the gift cards not qualifying, that is not true. It is what I thought as well until I found a copy of the ad:
https://blackfriday.com/stores/target/ads/black-friday/page-34

You gotta squint a little but the only exclusions is prescriptions, optical, clinic purchases, tax and shipping.

I, too, am waiting on an order from lunchtime for eBay cards. I'm not encouraged as the last ones I ordered on BF took days to show up.

At least this morning I was able to use the $200 in eBay gift cards that I had set aside for the pre-Thankgiving deal that ended up happening early than expected. Still it would be nice to get 4x on the remaining $600.

Went to my target but they didn't have $25 disney cards. I did end up getting other gift cards just for christmas. The aplebees went through fine, but the others didn't. The cashier said that she couldn't add on the $5 cards but she took $5 off for every two like a coupon. Super nice! Didn't have to get a manager or anything, just looked it up in the ad and said let me make it right for you.

My ebay cards finally showed up at 742, nearly 9 hours after ordering....now for them to activate, sigh

My actual 20% coupon says excludes gift cards.

That is in the redemption of the coupon. You cannot use the 20% coupon to purchase gift cards. I am talking about how your order qualified for the 20% coupon. There was not an exclusion in the BF ad that said gift cards would not be counted towards the $75 purchase necessary to get the coupon. Hope that makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter