Dis Friends are the best friends! A perfect trip in so many ways even without a ride on Dinosaur!12/7-12/11 Christmas Trip

Good start. :) Nothing worse than a delayed flight, especially when you have to connect.
Thanks for joining in and being first to respond! Yay! 👋👋😊
I'm surprised! I immediately thought "It won't work." Good for you!
That is what I expected! I thought it can’t hurt to try, getting there almost 2 hours earlier was such a plus!
Still haven't seen it. I will... some day.
This movie I don’t know what it is about it but they nailed it! You have to check it out!
Whoa! Early room readiness. Excellent!
This was a first in a very long time! Usually our rooms aren’t ready until 3 or after lately!
What a view(s)!!
It really was very nice! who knew the lower floors still had such a wonderful view as well!
Ugh... I heard how bad it was... and it got worse!
I could not believe how crowded a Thursday in early December was at Epcot. I blame Patrick Neil Harris! He was the narrator this evening.
oooohhh... VOL singing Christmas carols??? Hello!
This was lovely. I took several videos but I don’t know how to post on here! I think I have to post on YouTube first and I just don’t feel like it, haha 😆
Those mosaics are really well done.
They are beautiful! This is a fun resort to just stop at off the Skyliner great atmosphere, food, coffee etc…..
Been there. I've skipped some rides on occasion due to back issues.
Ugh! My back was giving me grief for about 2 weeks before the trip. It was a little bit better but man it sucks!
Interesting. But... I think I'll have to try the ones at Nomad first.
Yes! Try the churros at Nomads and definitely make a trip to Dahlia for the fun drinks and atmosphere and compare the churros!

“I found Susan!”

Today was MK day! I will just add a few things to Susan’s post!

It was wonderful to see Susan this morning! It was like we see each other everyday! We have so much in common and I could talk for hours and hours with her!

I was happy she found some coffee and wasn’t injured in the bathroom for the last hour, lol 😂

I had a cup of coffee from the room. It is fair and did the job! I am not much of a coffee drinker.

I was really happy Susan got us a boarding group for Tron.

This was my second time riding Tron and I loved it! I was a little worried about getting on the bike with my back but it actually was just fine!

Here are a few more pictures of us at Tron!
IMG_2024-01-06-065114.jpg
IMG_2024-01-06-065034.jpg

This was a perfect morning! Crowds were fairly low. Party days at MK are the best.

It was so nice to see the Christmas decorations on Mainstreet!

We bumped into another “Epic” friend from the Dis! It was a chance meeting! Ariane was strolling around Adventure Land and we bumped into her!

It was really nice to see her and say Hi 👋 It had been awhile since I had seen her! She was with some work colleagues today so we just said a quick hello!

Here are few more pictures! Look how scared we are at HM!
IMG_2024-01-06-064946.jpg
:rotfl:
Construction area at Splash Mountain. I knew Andi would like a picture of this!
IMG_2024-01-06-065237.jpg
IMG_2024-01-06-065306.jpg

Stay tuned for more fun in MK, including an excellent and “perfect lunch” with a true Festival of Fantasy!

Both equally true......
:laughing:
Maybe that's what I should do when I retire!
There’s always room for one more!
Caroline is so kind and agreeable, it didn't take much persuading. :)
:)
Not Cindy's. That story is for Caroline to tell. :goodvibes
popcorn::
This is exactly what I was thinking! I got really nervous Susan was collapsed on the bathroom floor!! I finally went and knocked on the bathroom door and thank goodness she wasn’t in there, She was on her coffee pursuit!
:lmao:
I was very happy because I had to use the bathroom haha 😆
:rotfl:
“I’ll just step over the body and go… and then I’ll call 911.”
#priorities

This movie I don’t know what it is about it but they nailed it! You have to check it out!
I will!
I could not believe how crowded a Thursday in early December was at Epcot. I blame Patrick Neil Harris! He was the narrator this evening.
It’s Doogie’s fault!
Ugh! My back was giving me grief for about 2 weeks before the trip. It was a little bit better but man it sucks!
:hug:
Yes! Try the churros at Nomads and definitely make a trip to Dahlia for the fun drinks and atmosphere and compare the churros!
I’m convinced!

It was perfect! Are you getting the theme here! Haha 😆
This was really a very lucky day. You had a good flight, were able to switch to an earlier flight, your room was ready when you arrived, you had a corner room with good views, and you slept through Susan's arrival. ;)
My excitement to eat festival food was quickly dashed by the really long lines and my growling stomach!
This is the second trip report I have read that reported long lines at the food booths.
I had my festive Loungefly, was wearing one of my cozy DVC sweaters and was on my way to my happy place! All was right with the world!
I love that loungefly and it is nice that you had an occasion to use it. :)
A bus came quickly and we got a chuckle out of the fact that the bus was only adults headed off for a day of fun in MK!
I've noticed that there are mostly adults and very small children at certain times during the school year - and this is one of them :)
I wanted to stop by the DVC booth in hopes that they might have the DVC sliders and was successful!
The slider is really cute. :)
This was a perfect morning! Crowds were fairly low. Party days at MK are the best.
I hate the parties because the non-party nights are crazy, but love how empty MK is on party days. :)
We bumped into another “Epic” friend from the Dis! It was a chance meeting! Ariane was strolling around Adventure Land and we bumped into her!
We used to see Ariane often at Disney with the last time being in Sept 2021. It was nice that you were able see her. :)

Yay, a new trip report, and from two of my favorite trip reporters! Cannot wait to read more!

So far it sounds like an amazing start to the trip!

My excitement to eat festival food was quickly dashed by the really long lines and my growling stomach!
We noticed the lines at the booths were crazy long on our December trip as well. We always had a pretty long wait, even on days where the park didn't feel very crowded at all!
I was up bright and early in search of coffee. Can you believe that Cafe Rix and the QS do not open until 7:30??
Woah, that does seem late! How do they expect people to survive rope drop if they can't get coffee beforehand?!?

It was wonderful to see Susan this morning! It was like we see each other everyday! We have so much in common and I could talk for hours and hours with her!
:goodvibes
I was happy she found some coffee and wasn’t injured in the bathroom for the last hour, lol 😂
:rolleyes1
I was a little worried about getting on the bike with my back but it actually was just fine!
I was the same way, but it was a non-issue. :)
IMG_2024-01-06-065114.jpg
At least one of you understands the whole "Pinkies up" concept.... :rolleyes:
Oh, nice!
Here are few more pictures! Look how scared we are at HM!
Absolutely terrified!

No way I love the Country Bears and their weird songs! :rotfl: I even got Andi to love this show!
Look at my shirt and it may give you a clue! Coming up soon I will write all about!
::yes::

Also figured it out when you said "“perfect lunch” with a true Festival of Fantasy!" ::yes::

:cheer2:Woohoo I found you both:cheer2:
Bit late to the party but better late than never 😂
You’re off to a great start- perfect travel day, gorgeous room, amazing view and now the magical start to your first park day! ❤️❤️❤️

This is exactly what I was thinking! I got really nervous Susan was collapsed on the bathroom floor!! I finally went and knocked on the bathroom door and thank goodness she wasn’t in there, She was on her coffee pursuit!
I was very happy because I had to use the bathroom haha 😆
Eeeek.....poor you Caroline! I am so sorry for not leaving the bathroom door open. I think my overwhelming need for coffee and worry about waking you over ruled thinking of leaving a note.
I feel the same way! It was so easy and comfortable...just as though we had seen each other the day before. We get along so well!
I feel so bad....I should have left a note!

It was really nice to see her and say Hi 👋 It had been awhile since I had seen her! She was with some work colleagues today so we just said a quick hello!
It was great to see Ariane, even if it was a quick hi! :)
Following 😃
:welcome:, glad you are joining in!
I love that loungefly and it is nice that you had an occasion to use it. :)
Thanks Sue! I found it at BoxLunch last year and it is one of my favourites.
I've noticed that there are mostly adults and very small children at certain times during the school year - and this is one of them :)
It's a great time of the year to visit for sure. :)
We used to see Ariane often at Disney with the last time being in Sept 2021. It was nice that you were able see her. :)
Ariane is lovely.
Yay, a new trip report, and from two of my favorite trip reporters! Cannot wait to read more!

So far it sounds like an amazing start to the trip!
Hi Debbie!! Thanks for joining in! :goodvibes
Woah, that does seem late! How do they expect people to survive rope drop if they can't get coffee beforehand?!?
Right???? And I basically run on caffeine.
Subbing in. Will be back to read and comment
Happy you are here, Alison!
At least one of you understands the whole "Pinkies up" concept.... :rolleyes:
What? I obviously missed something.
:cheer2:Woohoo I found you both:cheer2:
Bit late to the party but better late than never 😂
You’re off to a great start- perfect travel day, gorgeous room, amazing view and now the magical start to your first park day! ❤️❤️❤️
Yay Moira! Glad you joined in! :)

“The perfect lunch” with a true Festival of Fantasy!

After our quick hello with Ariane, it was time for our lunch reservation. As my sweatshirt suggests, we were having lunch at Tony’s!

I noticed Snow White out for a meet and greet by Tony’s and there wasn’t a single person waiting.
IMG_2024-01-07-063903.jpg
We had a wonderful visit with Snow White! She was very sweet!
IMG_2024-01-07-064518.jpg
It was now time to check in for our lunch reservation. We requested the patio. It isn’t guaranteed, however, they make a point to seat you there if able.

I had Susan take a picture of me with Lady and the Tramp.
IMG_2024-01-06-081758.jpg
Our plan was to watch Festival of Fantasy from the patio so we really hoped for a patio table.

We only waited a few minutes and we were brought out to the patio, yay! 😀

Our CM was very nice and we found out he was from Toronto!

I was bragging up the focaccia bread with the parmigiana fondue sauce to Susan and we had to order this!

I had a Diet Coke and Susan had an iced tea. Here is the bread!
IMG_2024-01-07-064003.jpg
Tony's Garlic Bread For The Table

Toasted Ciabatta with Roasted Garlic-Butter and Parmesan Fonduta
$13.00

I didn’t realize the price until I wrote the description, wow 😮 I think it has gone up $2.00 since I first ordered it!

The bread with the dipping sauce is delicious but now I’m not sure it is worth the cost.

We both decided on salads for lunch since the bread was very rich and filling.

We had the same salad. I had mine with shrimp added and Susan had chicken added.

House Salad
Mixed Greens, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, and Shaved Fennel tossed in Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette topped with Toasted Chickpeas $12.00

IMG_2024-01-07-064049.jpg
This salad was delicious. The shaved fennel and toasted chickpeas added a wonderful crunch and flavor. Elevated a traditional house salad 🥗

I dipped my shrimp in the Parmesan Fondue, yum!

Our main reason to sit on the patio is an excellent viewing experience of The Festival of Fantasy.

It was just perfect viewing the parade while having a wonderful lunch. It was fun to see the surprise on some of the people’s faces, who didn’t realize the parade would be coming by.
IMG_2024-01-06-081657.jpg
We really enjoyed the parade and our lunch!

We finished up lunch and headed back out into the park. Mainstreet was very festive and The Dapper Dans were performing by the Emporium.

I wish I knew how to post video on here. I got a nice video of them performing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Susan and I just looked at each other smiled and said perfect day!
IMG_2024-01-07-064200.jpg
IMG_2024-01-07-072354.jpg
Susan can add more into this time. I will be honest I did not take notes on this trip, which is not like me! I maybe forgetting some things, lol 😂

I know we rode pirates 🏴‍☠️ soon after lunch and of course no picture showed up in my account.

I’m sure Susan will fill in more on the rest of our MK day.

Our plan was to meet a childhood friend of Susan’s.
I didn’t know them at all and Susan had not seen her in ages, and had never met her son. I will just tell you, I enjoyed meeting them so much and wow what a night we had visiting with them and crawling along the monorail resorts and a few more places!

Last edited:
We really enjoyed the parade and our lunch!
We once had a patio table at Tony's when a celebration was going past. It was fun to watch the activity in that area. Tony's is a little skimpy at the food, though, with everything costing extra. But it is convenient. :)

I didn't know that Snow White had a meet and greet near there. I'll have to look for it next time we are there.
I didn’t know them at all and Susan had not seen her in ages, and had never met her son. I will just tell you, I enjoyed meeting them so much and wow what a night we had visiting with them and crawling along the monorail resorts and a few more places!
The beauty of meeting "strangers" in WDW is you automatically have something in common with them. :)

I noticed Snow White out for a meet and greet by Tony’s and there wasn’t a single person waiting.
Fortuitous. :)
We had a wonderful visit with Snow White! She was very sweet!
I would think so! She's used to having to deal with 7 men... at the same time! How could you not be giddy with happiness when they're not around??
I had Susan take a picture of me with Lady and the Tramp.
:)
We only waited a few minutes and we were brought out to the patio, yay! 😀
Score!
Our CM was very nice and we found out he was from Toronto!
That explains it then, of course.

:rolleyes1
I didn’t realize the price until I wrote the description, wow 😮 I think it has gone up $2.00 since I first ordered it!
A 15% increase in price? At Disney? That never happens...

<cough>
The bread with the dipping sauce is delicious but now I’m not sure it is worth the cost.
I'll keep it in mind... but you've piqued my interest. :)
This salad was delicious. The shaved fennel and toasted chickpeas added a wonderful crunch and flavor. Elevated a traditional house salad 🥗
Does sound good. ::yes::
It was fun to see the surprise on some of the people’s faces, who didn’t realize the parade would be coming by.
The Dapper Dans were performing by the Emporium.
They're sooo good. Nice!
Susan and I just looked at each other smiled and said perfect day!
:goodvibes
Our plan was to meet a childhood friend of Susan’s.
popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter