Dis Friends are the best friends! A perfect trip in so many ways even without a ride on Dinosaur!12/7-12/11 Christmas Trip

Susan and I will be writing this together. I am starting the report since I arrived earlier in the day.
Happy to be following along in this journey!
This was such a perfect day!
So nice when everything comes together!
Room pictures!
Looks like a beautiful room!
The first thing I noticed was how busy it was. The lines for everything were so long!

My excitement to eat festival food was quickly dashed by the really long lines and my growling stomach!
I completely get that. Sometimes the lines make the food not worth the wait.
This was a wonderful day. I really didn’t ride anything and it was still such a fun day.
I do that a lot at Disneyland, see a show, have a meal, that's it.
Stolichnaya Vodka, Garnacha Old Vines, Combier Crème de Peche De Vigne and Lime

$15.00

This drink was so good and really strong.
This sounds delicious!
Soon I was in American departures and strolling towards my favourite bar for a preflight beverage and dinner.
So nice when you're just about on the way!
I quickly got ready for bed myself and was soon dreaming sweet Disney dreams.
I probably would have been bouncing off the walls and unable to sleep! :laughing:
I was up bright and early in search of coffee. Can you believe that Cafe Rix and the QS do not open until 7:30??
That's criminal! There should be somewhere to get coffee starting at 6AM at least!
As it was a party day we decided to go without Genie Plus and take our chances with the day. I started refreshing at 6:58 am and was shocked to get boarding group 9!
Before the pandemic you used to be able to do that here for either Rise or Webslingers. I was always getting a group in single digits. The problem was that I live half an hour away, and was usually sitting in bed, not having fed the cats or gotten coffee yet!

Yay for you getting group 9 with coffee and being dressed!
Haunted Mansion was next on the list and a walk on a well.
I miss the Haunted Mansion. Ours has been the Nightmare Before Christmas since August and it closes at the end of the month for serious refurbishment, like over a year being closed.
I am more than a little sad it is going to be re-imagined this year.
That's the first I've heard and I'm sad too.
We were both a little peckish at this point and decided to split a pineapple upside down cake with vanilla pineapple swirl.
This sounds delicious. I need to try this in April.
I was very happy because I had to use the bathroom haha 😆
You need to develop a signal as to whether or not it's occupied! :laughing:
I had a cup of coffee from the room. It is fair and did the job! I am not much of a coffee drinker.
Blech. I'm a coffee snob, and don't like the coffee in the room.
I was really happy Susan got us a boarding group for Tron.
I bet! I can't wait to ride it!
We really enjoyed the parade and our lunch!
Sounds like a great place to watch from!
I wish I knew how to post video on here.
I upload my videos to YouTube and post the link and it embeds them in the post.

Happy to be following along in this journey!
:welcome:Nice to have you following along!
So nice when everything comes together!
It really was a wonderful travel day! It is rare these days with the airlines
Looks like a beautiful room!
It was really a nice room!
I completely get that. Sometimes the lines make the food not worth the wait.
Yes, the waits were crazy and I was happy to try Regal Eagle and wow the food was really good!
I do that a lot at Disneyland, see a show, have a meal, that's it.
It is really nice to just take in the sights and sounds!
This sounds delicious!
I am obsessed with this drink now! I loved it!
You need to develop a signal as to whether or not it's occupied! :laughing:
Haha 😂 It was just the one morning. I didn’t hear her leave the room. I wear earplugs and I thought she was in the bathroom all this time
Blech. I'm a coffee snob, and don't like the coffee in the room.
yeah, the room coffee is meh I usually do a grocery order and get iced coffee for the room. It is a shame at such a large resort coffee was unavailable until 730!
I bet! I can't wait to ride it!
I‘m surprised I like it lol 😆 I am more of a ride chicken these days!
Sounds like a great place to watch from!
It was perfect to watch FoF from the patio!
I upload my videos to YouTube and post the link and it embeds them in the post.
Thank you, I will try that!

This was really a very lucky day. You had a good flight, were able to switch to an earlier flight, your room was ready when you arrived, you had a corner room with good views, and you slept through Susan's arrival. ;)
It really was a perfect travel day which is definitely not always the case! I wear earplugs and this was probably why I didn’t hear her. Usually I hear everything

This is the second trip report I have read that reported long lines at the food booths.
The booth lines were crazy, I was bummed out because I had so many things I wanted to try!
I hate the parties because the non-party nights are crazy, but love how empty MK is on party days. :)
Very true! We had a crazy experience Saturday night on a nonparty night, 😩
We noticed the lines at the booths were crazy long on our December trip as well. We always had a pretty long wait, even on days where the park didn't feel very crowded at all!
With a short trip, I really didn’t have the time to wait in the long lines!
Glad to hear Tron wasn't too bad on your back. The position of the vehicles is definitely awkward.
Same, I was a little worried but it was not bad at all!
Eeeek.....poor you Caroline! I am so sorry for not leaving the bathroom door open. I think my overwhelming need for coffee and worry about waking you over ruled thinking of leaving a note.
Haha, my fault for having the earplugs in!
I feel the same way! It was so easy and comfortable...just as though we had seen each other the day before. We get along so well!
❤️❤️
It was great to see Ariane, even if it was a quick hi! :)
It really was!
following along
:welcome: :cheer2: Happy to have you here!
We once had a patio table at Tony's when a celebration was going past. It was fun to watch the activity in that area. Tony's is a little skimpy at the food, though, with everything costing extra. But it is convenient. :)

I didn't know that Snow White had a meet and greet near there. I'll have to look for it next time we are there.
It is a great way to view the parad and the food has really improved over the last few years!
Snow White is in the patio like area off the gift shop at Town Theater
The beauty of meeting "strangers" in WDW is you automatically have something in common with them.
This is very true!
I would think so! She's used to having to deal with 7 men... at the same time! How could you not be giddy with happiness when they're not around??
Haha 😆 very true, one is draining enough for me! :rotfl:
A 15% increase in price? At Disney? That never happens...
Crazy, Disney math!
I'll keep it in mind... but you've piqued my interest.
I would definitely try it at least once
They're sooo good. Nice!
The Dapper Dan’s are a true Disney experience ❤️
You do look like her... You have the pinkie down pat!
Thank you, I use to wear my hair like that. I had it really short!

What a great morning in MK. We did a party day there years ago and it was so nice, not to have the crowds. I approve of everything you did. We did things differently last month due to having JP. I'm still salty that I didn't get to ride Peter Pan. My family just doesn't appreciate it like I do. Your lunch sounds light and refreshing.

Haunted Mansion was next on the list and a walk on a well. This really was a perfect morning! We really enjoyed seeing the new Hatbox Ghost although we both wondered where the Donald chair was gone to. We thought it might be in the attic but neither of us were able to find it.
I missed the Hatbox Ghost by just a couple days!! My MK party day was Nov. 28th & he was added on the 30th (the day I was at Epcot). I was bummed to miss him, but you know what that means -- gotta plan another trip! 😉 🤣

2. Susan (Screaming hysterically): "COFFEEE!!! I NEED COFFEEE!!!!!" CSM: "For God's sake, get her some coffee!!!"
That made me literally laugh out loud & since I'm at work, I'm in trouble now. :laughing: Seriously , your comments are hilarious!

It was wonderful to see Susan this morning! It was like we see each other everyday! We have so much in common and I could talk for hours and hours with her!
Those are the very best kind of friends! :lovestruc

Loving your trip report, Ladies!

I noticed Snow White out for a meet and greet by Tony’s and there wasn’t a single person waiting.
This was a great meet!
I had Susan take a picture of me with Lady and the Tramp.
Such a cute picture!
We only waited a few minutes and we were brought out to the patio, yay! 😀

Our CM was very nice and we found out he was from Toronto!
Mohammed was really great! It was so fun to chat with him and he certainly took great care of us.
I was bragging up the focaccia bread with the parmigiana fondue sauce to Susan and we had to order this!
I loved this so much!!
The bread with the dipping sauce is delicious but now I’m not sure it is worth the cost.
I would still get it as it was such a generous serving. We didn't even finish ot alrgough we gave it a good shot!
This salad was delicious. The shaved fennel and toasted chickpeas added a wonderful crunch and flavor. Elevated a traditional house salad 🥗
I really loved the salad with the juicy chilled chicken.
I wish I knew how to post video on here. I got a nice video of them performing Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. Susan and I just looked at each other smiled and said perfect day!
It really was!
Our plan was to meet a childhood friend of Susan’s.
I didn’t know them at all and Susan had not seen her in ages, and had never met her son. I will just tell you, I enjoyed meeting them so much and wow what a night we had visiting with them and crawling along the monorail resorts and a few more places!
It was pretty special and our night was VERY fun!
The beauty of meeting "strangers" in WDW is you automatically have something in common with them. :)
100%!
I would think so! She's used to having to deal with 7 men... at the same time! How could you not be giddy with happiness when they're not around??
As someone who deals with my family of 4 men, I feel this in my soul!
That's criminal! There should be somewhere to get coffee starting at 6AM at least!
Right?? Barcelona Lounge had coffee starting at 6:30 but I wanted to use my refillable mug.
Before the pandemic you used to be able to do that here for either Rise or Webslingers. I was always getting a group in single digits. The problem was that I live half an hour away, and was usually sitting in bed, not having fed the cats or gotten coffee yet!

Yay for you getting group 9 with coffee and being dressed!
It really did help!
I miss the Haunted Mansion. Ours has been the Nightmare Before Christmas since August and it closes at the end of the month for serious refurbishment, like over a year being closed.
That's a really long time to be closed!
This sounds delicious. I need to try this in April.
It is so good!
What a great morning in MK. We did a party day there years ago and it was so nice, not to have the crowds. I approve of everything you did. We did things differently last month due to having JP. I'm still salty that I didn't get to ride Peter Pan. My family just doesn't appreciate it like I do. Your lunch sounds light and refreshing.
It was a really perfect morning and we still had more MK fun to come!
I missed the Hatbox Ghost by just a couple days!! My MK party day was Nov. 28th & he was added on the 30th (the day I was at Epcot). I was bummed to miss him, but you know what that means -- gotta plan another trip! 😉 🤣
That is the Disney way!
Those are the very best kind of friends! :lovestruc

Loving your trip report, Ladies!
Thanks so much!

Last edited:
More fun in MK!

I was so pleased with our delicious lunch. The "bread for the table" with rich, creamy Parmesan fondue was fabulous. The salad was fresh and crisp and they certainly didn't skimp on the chicken. Great food, the perfect table and awesome service along with parade viewing made this the perfect lunch!
9BD109D9-4421-4607-B94C-03D3863FDC0A.jpeg

We headed over to the Emporium next to take in the Dapper Dans. This is always such a great show!

Here they are doing Rudolph!

Then lots of fun cheesey jokes and Frosty!

We had been texting with Cloe who was in MK as well with her husband,Dan and their new baby girl, Juniper. They were up by the castle so we headed there next to say hello and meet their sweet baby girl. It was such a pleasure to see them all. :goodvibes

028277E9-B9AA-4649-B3D3-B36766CA436D.jpeg
Next up we headed to Pirates with hopes of a shorter wait. Luckily we pretty much walked right on!

Coming off the ride I was happy to find the pair of Tiki bird ears I had been coveting in the gift shop and treated myself to them.

We had also been texting with my friend Irene. She and I grew up in PEI together but I had not seen her in over 35 years as she lives in Texas. We reconnected through our mutual love of all things Disney and I was very happy to see her today. Caroline and I met up with her and her son, Evan by the People Mover and decided to ride it together. There was lots of chat, hugs and excitement when we saw each other. :)

We made plans to meet up again that evening for a fun monorail crawl. That's a whole other story, believe me!

Caroline and I decided to head back to the room for a rest before the evening's shenanigans. But first we were treated to Stitch leading a parade of kids through Tomorrowland holding one of their Stitch plushies up in the air. Another piece of Disney magic to end the day. The crowds for the party were starting to build so we were happy to end our perfect day here.

FA1E7E7E-775E-4349-B0D5-9F02F77A83D0.jpeg

Last edited:
We had also been texting with my friend Irene. She and I grew up in PEI together but I had not seen her in over 35 years as she lives in Texas. We reconnected through our mutual love of all things Disney and I was very happy to see her today.
That must have been a really special reunion. :)

I was so pleased with our delicious lunch. The "bread for the table" with rich, creamy Parmesan fondue was fabulous. The salad was fresh and crisp and they certainly didn't skimp on the chicken. Great food, the perfect table and awesome service along with parade viewing made this the perfect lunch!
Sure does sound both tasty and wonderful. :)
Here they are doing Rudolph!
They're so good.
Then lots of fun cheesey jokes and Frosty!
:laughing:
I think I enjoyed hearing you laugh and sing along more!
We had been texting with Cloe who was in MK as well with her husband,Dan and their new baby girl, Juniper.
I remember her. I think I read one of her TRs once.
Next up we headed to Pirates with hopes of a shorter wait. Luckily we pretty much walked right on!
Much better!
Coming off the ride I was happy to find the pair of Tiki bird ears I had been coveting in the gift shop and treated myself to them.
:thumbsup2
She and I grew up in PEI together but I had not seen her in over 35 years as she lives in Texas.
Wow! Long time! So nice that you two could reconnect. :)
There was lots of chat, hugs and excitement when we saw each other. :)
Awww... :)
we were treated to Stitich leading a parade of kids through Tomorrowland holding one of their Stitch plushies up in the air.
:goodvibes

Yay!!! A new trip report. I'm joining a little late but better late than never, right?? I LOVE the Christmas Ears you both have. I realize I don't have a single pair of Christmas ears. Hmm...goals.

Sounds like it was a wonderful MK afternoon!
How fun that you were able to see Cloe and meet Juniper. And then had the opportunity to catch up with an old friend!
Of course now I'm very curious to hear how the monorail crawl went. :rotfl:

So good you got to meet friends, old and new, on this trip. I’ve seen lots of photos of baby Juniper and she is simply gorgeous. Great photo of you both with Cloe.
Happy times listening to the Dapper Dans ( I’m guessing there will be more happy times on the monorail crawl 😂).
Love that your MK day ended by seeing Stitch lead an impromptu parade. I love when those extra magic moments happen and you get to witness the sheer delight they bring. I guess that’s what keeps us going back to wdw :goodvibes

Last edited:
That must have been a really special reunion. :)
It really was! We are already making plans for the next time. :)
I think I enjoyed hearing you laugh and sing along more!
You have to have fun watching the Dapper Dans, right???
Wow! Long time! So nice that you two could reconnect. :)
It was pretty special. Irene is a couple of years younger than me and was more friends with my cousin and younger sister. But we were always friendly and would see each other at some of the same get togethers. PEI is not a very big place after all.
Sounds like you two had such a great time! I love Disboards and meeting so many great people!!!! :)
We had so much fun!! The Disboards have certainly brought so many wonderful people into my life and I will always be grateful for that. :goodvibes
Yay!!! A new trip report. I'm joining a little late but better late than never, right?? I LOVE the Christmas Ears you both have. I realize I don't have a single pair of Christmas ears. Hmm...goals.
So glad you are here! Yes I have a *slight* ear problem......they are just so fun to collect!
Sounds like it was a wonderful MK afternoon!
How fun that you were able to see Cloe and meet Juniper. And then had the opportunity to catch up with an old friend!
Of course now I'm very curious to hear how the monorail crawl went. :rotfl:
It was such a fun afternoon! It was awesome to see Cloe, Dan and sweet little Juniper. Seeing Irene again was fabulous and lots of fun was had. :)
Love that you were able to meet up with so many Dis friends! How fun!
Nothing better than Dis friends! :)
Thanks for putting in the Dapper Dan’s video, love it!
i‘m also glad you had the picture of us with Cloe. I was going to ask you and then you posted it!
It is so nice co writing this with you! ❤️
You are so welcome! Alison was really helpful when she mentioned to upload them to You Tune. It was much easier than I thought it would be.

I love that picture of the two of us with Cloe.

Love writning together too! It's so fun to relive our perfect trip!❤️

So good you got to meet friends, old and new, on this trip. I’ve seen lots of photos of baby Juniper and she is simply gorgeous. Great photo of you both with Cloe.
Thank you!
Happy times listening to the Dapper Dans ( I’m guessing there will be more happy times on the monorail crawl 😂).
MK streetsmophere for the win! And yes, your guess Is correct.....:rotfl::rotfl:
Love that your MK day ended by seeing Sticth lead an impromptu parade. I love when those extra magic moments happen and you get to witness the sheer delight they bring. I guess that’s what keeps us going back to wdw :goodvibes
Absolutely!

You have to have fun watching the Dapper Dans, right???
100%! ::yes::
It was pretty special. Irene is a couple of years younger than me and was more friends with my cousin and younger sister. But we were always friendly and would see each other at some of the same get togethers. PEI is not a very big place after all.
So... that got me wondering. PEI is about the same size as Delaware... but it's population is about 153K vs Delaware's 990K!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter