Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friends - A Coast to Coast Adventure

Thanks for posting the picture of the hoodie. It's lovely!!!!

What an awesome day with lots of meet and greets!
How nice to have met up with other Dis-sers as well.
And how did Alison finally figure out that the gift was from you?

Love the dress you wore to the Halloween Party. That's the steampunk-style Ursula, right? You look amazing in it.

What an awesome day with lots of meet and greets!

That was still not the best day for Meet and Greets though. That is coming in the next instalment.

How nice to have met up with other Dis-sers as well.

It was really nice and we had a lot of fun.

And how did Alison finally figure out that the gift was from you?

I think it was by process of elimination in the end.

Love the dress you wore to the Halloween Party. That's the steampunk-style Ursula, right? You look amazing in it.

That dress was meant to be be the base of the Ursula costume, but I did not have room in my suitcase for the tentacles. So I just went with the Steampunk Princess theme.

Corinna

Day 11

I had a very early start that morning as Supershuttle was due to pick me up around 5:00. I had set my alarm for 4:30, got up and ready and added to last odds and ends to my luggage. As soon as I was awake, I had called Bell Services and a Bellman arrived just as I was ready, this was perfect timing. He asked if I wanted to come down the service elevator with him. I figured I may as well. That solved a mystery for me. On the hotel map, it showed a lot more lifts than I ever had been able to find. It turned out that those extra ones are the service elevators.

It must have been a quiet morning for them. The Bellman insisted to stay with me until Supershuttle arrived. This was the first time this ever happened. Normally they just offload the luggage and are on their way. I would have been perfectly happy with this, but the company was nice especially as everything had happened so quickly that I still had a bit of a wait. He got a nice tip for his troubles.

Supershuttle arrived on time. I was the first pick up. We picked up at a couple of the good neighbor hotels and then we were on our way. It made me smile that one of those stops was the Howard Johnson where we stayed the previous trip. The trip to the airport seemed pretty smooth. I remember very little of it so I assume that I spent most of it asleep. When we got to the airport, I was dropped off first.

This is where it got complicated. I had done my online check in the previous day so that should have meant that I just have to drop of my luggage. However, I was directed to one of the self-service kiosks to check in again. This seemed like a bit of a waste of time. Still, the process was easy enough and I was able to pay my luggage fee at the kiosk. Once I had done this, the kiosk printed my boarding pass and luggage tags. I attached my luggage tags to the suitcases and then dropped them off at a desk right behind the kiosks. Then confusion part two arose. The gate number on my boarding pass looked completely different from the ones on the signposts. I had no idea where I needed to go. I approached a member of staff and she told me that my gate was in the Tom Bradley International Terminal. It amused me no end that Orlando was considered an international destination. She gave me directions and I was on my way. It was a good job that I did not arrive at the last minute.

I was actually pretty happy about the fact that I was flying out of the Tom Bradley International Terminal. I had liked this when I arrived and did not mind having a closer look. Unfortunately with it being so early in the morning, most things were still closed. Still, security was quick and efficient and I managed to find a Starbucks to get some breakfast. I had a sausage and cheddar breakfast sandwich, a slice of lemon pound cake and a Toasted Graham Latte. I also got a can of Strawberry Refresher to have on the plane. I then headed to the gate and enjoyed my breakfast. I got talking with another passenger for a while who had spotted my Disney Dooney and Disney t-shirt and approached me as she figured I was heading for Walt Disney World as well. We were talking about the Diamond anniversary and our plans for Walt Disney World. I also managed to catch up with stuff online.

Soon the boarding process started and it very quickly became apparent that American had finally decided to do something about people trying to pass off medium sized suitcases as hand luggage. Everything that was too big was intercepted, tagged and put in the hold. This resulted in this being my first domestic flight in the USA where no announcement was made that they had run out of space in the overhead bins. Indeed, when I got on the plane, there was plenty of space. This was not a full flight, but it was not far off and the change was rather refreshing.

The whole boarding process was very smooth and efficient and everybody was on board well ahead of schedule. The captain made an announcement that everybody was on board and that he was trying to get an earlier slot. This did not happen, but we left on time, which for LAX is an achievement in itself.

The flight was reasonably smooth with a little bit of turbulence about halfway through. I read for a bit, but for the most part I made good use out of my medium Lotso TsumTsum, which makes a perfect cushion and just slept. We arrived in Orlando about 15 minutes behind schedule.

This must have been the strangest arrival in Orlando ever for me. Normally I am so excited when I am on the little train that I could bounce of the walls, but this time I kind of felt deflated. I suddenly realized that I was actually feeling homesick for Disneyland.

When I arrived at the other end, I decided to be brave. Time was at the essence especially as I had received an email advising me that they had not been able to pre-allocate me a room and to go to the front desk. The luggage from our flight had not even started to arrive when I got to the baggage carousel. So I decided to go straight down to Disney's Magical Express and let them handle my luggage. When I got there, I was intercepted by a cast member who asked me if I had a Magic Band, which I confirmed. He then directed me to a desk. I double-checked that it was OK for them to handle my luggage even though I did not have their luggage tags and they confirmed that this was fine and just took my baggage claim receipts off me. I was then sent to a line for my bus. The cast member there scanned my Magic Band and told me to get on one of the buses waiting there. About 10 minutes later I was on my way.

The trip to All Star Music was pretty smooth. We stopped at a couple of resorts on the way. I was quite happy using the time to catch up online. When I got to the front desk, things were pretty busy and only a couple of desks were manned. Still, it did not take too long until it was my turn. Unfortunately it was not exactly smooth sailing. I had made the booking for two, as Graham would join me a couple of days later. They had my Magic Band linked and active, but none for Graham even though his Magic Bands showed as active in My Disney Experience. It took a couple of attempts to get this straightened out. While we were at it, I asked for his PIN to be reset, as I could not remember what I had used for him in 2013. With this taken care of, I was given my room number and this was marked on the map. I initially was not happy about this location. We had ended up in one of the Rock Inn buildings, which seemed miles away from the main building and the buses. In the end, we loved the location. Our room was overlooking some landscaping and on the other side of this was the car park. This was nice and quiet. I had been a little concerned about noise at the resort, but where our room was, this was not an issue at all. I also found out that I could cut through the car park and this way got to the buses very quickly.

I took my hand luggage to the room, reorganized my handbag and then headed out again. Relatively late into the game, I had decided to get a ticket for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for that night. I had always planned to go on the Sunday and had purchased that ticket long before. However, I really wanted some park time after spending the day travelling and looking at the opening hours for the other parks, the only sensible way to achieve this was by going to the party that night.

I had lost some time with having to check in at the front desk and the Magic Band trouble. I also wanted to pick up my normal park ticket before the party as I had a pretty busy day ahead of me the following day and did not want to be held back. I had asked when I checked in if there was a will call window at Magic Kingdom itself and was told no and that I would have to go to the Transportation and Ticket Centre. This seemed silly. The front desk told me that guest services at All Star Music could issue the ticket for me, but that information had been incorrect. I also had to go back to the front desk, as my Magic Band would not open the door even though it had shown as active. I used Graham's Magic Band to get into the room, but needed this to be sorted out. Well, the Magic Band that I had received for All Star Music never did open the door, but the Magic Band that came as part of the reservation for Kidani Village did open the door of our room at All Star Music and this was good enough for me.

Epcot and Hollywood Studios were still open at that point and I decided that I would get on whichever bus would get there first. I happened to be the bus for Hollywood Studios. I was the only person to get on. When I got there, all the ticket windows were closed, but a passing cast member pointed me in the direction of a customer service window. The cast member there was able to sort out my ticket. Then I was on my way again. I took the bus over to Magic Kingdom and this was nearly empty. So in the end the detour probably worked out for the best as the line for the Magic Kingdom bus at All Star Music had been huge and I probably would have needed to wait for the next one. Of course, after all this, when I walked from the bus to the entrance of Magic Kingdom, almost the first thing I saw was a will call window. I was not impressed by the incorrect information I had been given.

My frustration was not quite done for the night. I already did not understand why I had to get a physical park ticket even though the ticket had been linked to My Disney Experience ever since I purchased it and not once did I ever use the actual ticket. However, the real ridiculous thing was getting into the park for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I had chosen an eticket and again, this had been linked to My Disney Experience as soon as I purchased it. It did say to bring a printout of the eticket to the party and I did even though I did not quite understand why this would be needed. When I approached the entrance just before 19:00, a cast member directed me to the last three turnstiles that were open for the party. The lines on those seemed to be longer than those for people who had normal tickets. They also did not move very much. Once I got near the front of the line, it became obvious why. There were cast members with iPads who were scanning the barcodes and then doing something to void this barcode so that it could not be used again. The issue was that they had trouble with scanning them. I was finally in the park at 19:30.

As I entered Town Square, I noticed that Tinkerbell had a 10-minute waiting time. This seemed a good starting point. In the end I walked straight in. After I had met Tinkerbell I talked with the cast member by the exit. She had spotted my coast to coast t-shirt and asked me about this. I told her that I had arrived from Disneyland that day and was now looking forward to experiencing Walt Disney World. She gave me some handy pointers regarding special character meet and greets. I thanked her and was on my way.

I made my way to Liberty Square. I wanted to see the Old Hag and the cast member had told me that she would be by the Hall of Presidents. On the way I stopped by the recruitment kiosk for The Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom to pick up my special party card. When I got to the Hall of Presidents, I could not see any sign of a character meet and greet. I approached a passing cast member and he pointed me in the right direction. The Old Hag was actually right next to Heritage House. When I got there, there were only two groups of people ahead of me. I could not believe my luck. Not only did I get to see a new character, but also it was with a minimal wait. I then noticed that something appeared to go on insider Heritage House itself so I decided to check this out. I was a meet and greet for Tiana. So I got in line for this, too. The wait was a bit longer, but still very manageable.

Once I had seen Tiana, I decided to get something to eat. The first parade was about to start and there were crowds everywhere. I was planning to see the parade on the second party I was due to attend so this was a great opportunity to get some dinner. I decided to try the new menu at Peco’s Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café. This had changed shortly before I left for this trip. I had the beef rice bowl, which consisted of Fajita beef, coriander rice and black beans. I added sour cream and guacamole from the toppings bar to this. I much preferred the old menu. I should have loved this, but the main flavour seemed to be salt. The best part of this meal was the guacamole, which tasted freshly made and had plenty of flavour. While I was having my dinner, I could have sworn that I could hear the Cadaver Dans. I figured that my mind was playing tricks on me as I was missing Disneyland so much. I had never heard that Walt Disney World had the Cadaver Dans. It only transpired a few days later that I was not mistaken.

After dinner, I crossed over into Adventureland to see some of the character from Aladdin. When I joined the line, Jasmine and the Genie were out, but they were switched out by Aladdin and Abu by the time it was my turn. I was pretty happy about this. I have met the Genie before. I have never met Jasmine, but I know that she is around quite regularly. However, I have never seen Abu in the parks. He was a lot of fun. I then went over to the Haunted Mansion to check how long the waiting time was for this. This was too long for my liking. However, I spotted that there was a Photopass photographer near the hearse and I figured that this probably meant a Magic Shot. I was right. I got some photos with a ghostly coachman. The photographer also told me that the hitchhiking ghosts were hanging out by Splash Mountain. Unfortunately I never made it over there that evening, but this was something for the to do list for the second party.

I decided to check out what characters were out in Fantasyland. The line for the 7 dwarfs was crazy and I was glad that I had managed to meet them on previous occasions. I was just walking towards Princess Fairytale Hall when an announcement was made that the lights around the park would be dimmed for Happy Hallowishes and for people to stay where they were until the lights come on again. I cannot remember ever hearing this kind of announcement before. I'm had no wish to just stand around so I decided to go and see some princesses. The waiting time for Anna and Elsa was 20 minutes, which seemed perfect. So I got the in line. I met some people from Australia in line and we ended up chatting the whole time so time just flew.

I was quite surprised that Anna and Elsa were meeting separately. They were in the same room, but you see Elsa first and then you move to the opposite side of the room to see Anna. Anna spotted Olaf on my t-shirt and asked if I had met her friend Olaf. I told her that I had and that I now knew what frozen things do in summer.

When I came out again, the lights had come back on. I wanted to check out the characters at Storybook Circus, but got distracted. On the way, I spotted Alice and the Mad Hatter and a bit further down the Queen of Hearts. Unfortunately their lines were already closed, but the cast member with them told me when they would be back out. So I decided to check out Tomorrowland in the meantime. I did Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, which was a walk on and then got in line to see Lotso. After this I got a cup of ice water and then headed back towards the teacups. One family was waiting for Alice and the Mad Hatter and I got in line behind them. Alice and the Mad Hatter came out shortly afterwards. Once I had met them, I got in the short line for the Queen of Hearts and saw her with about a 10-minute wait.

By then, there was about 45 minutes of the party left. I still had not made it as far as Storybook Circus. I decided to put this right. I first came up to the area where Donald, Daisy and Minnie were in their Halloween costumes. Unfortunately their line was already closed. I added this to the to do list for the second party. I decided to go and check out where Jack Skellington and Sally meet. I did not really expect their line to still be open, but it was. I got in line about 23:30 and it was my turn to meet them at midnight. I was thrilled to bits that I finally got to meet Sally.

By the time I had met them, the party was over and I was well and truly done. I headed to the exit and went to the bus stop. Fortunately I did not have to wait long for the bus and I even got a seat. When I got back to my room, both suitcases had arrived. I got the stuff out I needed and got ready for bed. I fell asleep just as soon as I had turned off the light.

That was quite a travel day, but you sure ended the day with a bang--so many great meet and greets!

Wow, you were brave to brave another park after such a long travel day! Pity you had such issues with your MB and tickets! Great rare character meets though!

Jill in CO

I don't know how you manage the strength to hit a park on a travel day. It's all that I can do to have dinner and get to bed. You really got a lot of great photos that night. Pity the meal wasn't any better. It sounds like the previous menu was a whole lot better than what it is now.

That was quite a travel day, but you sure ended the day with a bang--so many great meet and greets!

I was very happy with this haul and I could not actually tell you which one was my favourite.

Wow, you were brave to brave another park after such a long travel day!

I am not two keen on the actually getting to place part of travelling (unless it involves a ship) and the prospect of some park time made it bearable.

Pity you had such issues with your MB and tickets!

It was a pain, but after the first day, it was pretty much sorted out and the Magic Band worked a lot better for me than in 2013.

reat rare character meets though!

I could not believe my luck.

I don't know how you manage the strength to hit a park on a travel day.

When I came from Europe to Disneyland, I may have pushed this a little too far although I am still glad that I had a quick visit to the parks that evening. However, this one was perfect and the time difference worked for me.

It's all that I can do to have dinner and get to bed.

Usually after a travel day, we don't even get as far as dinner.

You really got a lot of great photos that night.

I was so pleased with all the photos.

Pity the meal wasn't any better. It sounds like the previous menu was a whole lot better than what it is now.

I loved the old menu. I gather they have a very similar menu at Tortuga Tavern now, but unfortunately this is only open seasonally.

Corinna

WOW! I never would have made it through all that in one day! You are a travel goddess!:worship:

I'm back in town but was many updates behind. Too much to comment on but I'm enjoying everything :) frustrating about the party ticket and them giving you incorrect information about the will call window.

WOW! I never would have made it through all that in one day! You are a travel goddess!:worship:

I spent most of the actual travelling time asleep so I was ready to go and have some fun when I got to Orlando.

I'm back in town but was many updates behind.

Welcome back.

Too much to comment on but I'm enjoying everything :)

I am glad you are enjoying it. I am about to get started on the time we spent together.

frustrating about the party ticket and them giving you incorrect information about the will call window.

It was annoying at the time, but in the grander scheme of things, it did not matter.

Love your meet and greet pics.

This was an amazing day for meet and greets.

Corinna

Day 12

I had forgotten to set myself an alarm call before I went to bed. I still managed to wake up about an hour before my first Fastpass reservation. By the time I was properly up and ready, I started to wonder if I would make it in time for my first Fastpass reservation, which was Spaceship Earth. However, circumstances were on my side. As soon as I arrived at the bus stop, the bus pulled in. Better still, when we got to Epcot, the bus pulled up the closest it could possibly get to the entrance. Bag check and the lines to get in where also very manageable and in the end I even had time for some Photopass photos before I headed to Spaceship Earth.

Based on my experiences in 2013, I was dreading what was ahead of me. However, I got to test the Magic Band sooner than I had expected as there was no line whatsoever at the Fastpass entrance. Fortunately the Mickey head turned green and I was on my way. I enjoyed the ride and then played a game where I had to put a skeleton together using 3D glasses in the post ride area. I have played this game before, but this time I did not do too well. It was still fun.

I had a little bit of time before my Fastpass window at Test Track opened. I used this to get some samples at Club Cool and to check out the pins at the pin trading kiosk. I try to get a ping for every special event I attend so I wanted to check out the Food and Wine pins. Unfortunately the one that grabbed my eye and that had Figment on it was for annual pass holders only so I did not get a pin at that stage. What I did however get was the game pack for Remy's Hide and Squeak and also one of the gift cards that come on a wristband for ease of use around the Food and Wine Festival.

Then it was time to head over to Test Track for my next Fastpass. The Fastpass line looked huge and a cast member explained that the ride had been down and was now catching up. In the end, my total waiting time was about 30 minutes, but that included the time that it took to design my car. I definitely went with quirky for this one and it actually did OK. When it was my turn, I enjoyed the ride. I never saw my ride photo, but the cast member reassured me that it would automatically be linked to my Magic Band in the next 24 hours.

I had one Fastpass left for Journey into Imagination with Figment. On the way I walked through the area of Future World that had been included in the Food and Wine Festival for the first time. I stopped at Sustainable Chew and tried the Spareribs with red wine, fennel, and cheesy mascarpone grits. I was not sure what I would think of grits, but I actually quite liked it.

I then headed over to Journey into Imagination with Figment. The concept of having a Fastpass for this amused me quite considerably. Pretty much as soon as I got to the loading area I was on the ride. Unfortunately this is where my luck ended. I have never had any issues with this ride before, but this time the ride broke down for the first time just before we got to the Smell Lab and we were stuck there for quite a while. When we finally started moving again, we got as far as Figment’s house and then broke down again. I now have first-hand experience that One Little Spark can get in your head just as much as It’s A Small World. I was quietly relieved when they switched off the sound. One good thing came out of this though. While I was stuck on the ride, I was checking in on Facebook and amongst other stuff, I found a recommendation for what was to become my favourite sample at the Food and Wine Festival - the Liquid Nitro Chocolate and Almond Truffle.

While I was stuck on the ride, my friend Pam texted me to let me know that they had arrived in the park. I could not wait to see her again. I texted her my whereabouts. Fortunately by then the ride was just about to start working again and soon I was at the exit. I had a quick look at the gift shop and then decided to head over to the Chew Lab, which was also in the new area for the market places to try the Liquid Nitro Chocolate and Almond Truffle. I figured I had deserved this after my ordeal.

I have to admit when I first read about this about a month or so before the Food and Wine festival started; I thought this was gimmicky and overpriced. However, when I think of a truffle, I think of a little round thing about the size of a 10 Pence coin or a Quarter. For that $4 would have been steep. The reality was different. I paid for my treat and then watched it being made. The cast member who made it took a large spoonful of what looked like a dense chocolate mousse out of a tub and dropped it into the liquid nitrogen. The effect was quite stunning with it smoking up a storm. Once it had set, she took it out and took a hammer to it and then sprinkled it with grated almond and drizzled it with a Whisky caramel sauce. The taste and texture was out of this world. On the outside it was firm and cold and the inside it was room temperature and soft and gooey. This may well be the richest and most decadent chocolate dessert I ever had. For the size and what it was, I felt $4 was very fair.

While I waited for my treat, I had another text from Pam letting me know that they were at The Land and were about to use their Fastpass for Soarin. I texted her back that I would come to meet them at The Land. So when I had finished my truffle, I walked over there. I still had a bit of a wait until they were done with the ride. Once they came out, we said "hi" to each other and then set off exploring.

I had told them about the Liquid Nitro Chocolate and Almond Truffle and they decided to try this. I resisted the temptation of having a second one and I still don't quite understand why. This was a hit with them, too. We then moved on to the Cheese Studio, where I had the cheese fondue with sour dough bread. This was $3.50 and consisted of a pot of cheese fondue and a sour dough roll. I felt that the size was very generous. The fondue was quite alcoholic, but very nice.

After this, we headed over to the World Showcase. We stopped at the Greece market place and I tried the chicken gyro with tzatziki sauce. I nearly did not get to try this. I had my hands full with the Hide and Squeak map, receipt, my Food and Wine passport, water and my gyro and somehow managed to drop this. When Pam noticed this, she took me over to the market place and explained what had happened. They gave me a new one. I thought that this was very nice of them and definitely not what I had expected. It was definitely appreciated though and this bit of pixie dust brightened my day. We stopped at one more market place, which was Canada; I got my beloved cheddar cheese soup there so I was happy.

On our way around the World Showcase, we looked for Remy. I did not really know what to look for at first. The game pack consisted of a map with room for a sticker next to every World Showcase pavilion. I also got a sheet of stickers each featuring Remy holding one of the ingredients needed to cook Ratatouille. You had to find the Remy at each pavilion on put the right sticker next to it. It turned out that statues of Remy holding the ingredient were hidden somewhere in the vicinity of the pavilion. Often it was on the corresponding marketplace, but this was not always the case. Considering that this was aimed at children, this was fiendishly difficult. However, this was very much a team effort and we also got some help from other guests and some cast members. It was a lot of fun.

We did not only eat and hunt for Remy. We also had a look around some of the pavilions. We started browsing the shops at the UK. It always amuses me what is presented as typically British in terms of merchandise. We then crossed over into France and went to see Impressions of France. I don't think I had seen this film since our honeymoon in 1998. I very much enjoyed it. We had a look around the shops after the film and then moved on to Morocco. This had originally been planned as just a bathroom stop, but this is one of my favourite pavilions and I asked if we could have wander around. This is such a hidden gem. Most people don't seem to venture beyond the restaurants and shops along the lagoon and yet there is so much more. We had a good look around and I was able to share all kinds of trivia.

We then moved on towards Japan. Christine wanted some sushi from the marketplace there, but they had run out of the kind she wanted. So instead we headed over to Katsura Grill where she managed to get the sushi she wanted. I had some green ice tea, which went down a treat. This little unplanned detour turned out to be a real blessing. It was oppressively hot at that point and all three of us were struggling a little. So sitting down in and air conditioned restaurant and rehydrating was a blessing. I was also nice to be able to just chat. Once we were done, we also had a look around the shop and I got my traditional pick a pearl. This time round I got one of average size with a slight pink tint. I was still glad that I did it.

By the time we came back out, the worst of the heat had broken. There was a Photopass photographer in front of the pagoda so I stopped for photos and Pam and I got some together, too. We then got some kakigori. I went with melon with sweet condensed milk and this went down a treat.

While we got in line for this, Christine went to check out the music at the Eat to the Beat concert. Once we had finished or sweet treat and found Remy at the American Adventure, she was ready to move on. Christine and Pam got something from Karamell-Küche at the German pavilion and then we went over to the Chinese pavilion. We had a look at the Terracotta Army exhibit and also browsed in the shop for a bit.

It was only as I started typing this up that I realised that our choice of pavilions that day turned out to be strangely prophetic. The only ones that do not fit in with this are the UK and Germany, but they are of course my home country and my country of birth respectively. Other than that, they foreshadowed things to come. I know that Morocco is North Africa, but in terms of architecture and cultural heritage it is very much influenced by the Arabic world and we got to see plenty of this during our Arabian Gulf cruise in December, which was not even on the radar in October. The same is true for my impromptu trip to Disneyland Paris in November. The really exciting addition though is represented by the Chinese and Japanese pavilions both in terms of the overall region, but also the countries specifically as we are planning to visit Xian, Shanghai and Beijing in China later this year. Little did I know when I stepped into the temple at the Chinese pavilion in October that a little over a year later, I would get to see the real Temple of Heaven as well as the real Terracotta Warriors.

Once we left the Chinese pavilion we were ready for some more food. We looked for the last two Remys and then moved towards to the World Showcase Plaza. I really wanted to try the loaded mac n’ cheese with Nueske’s pepper bacon, cheddar cheese, peppers and green onions at the Farm Fresh marketplace. This was really nice and quite a generous portion, too. I then went to Port of Entry to redeem my Hide and Squeak map for my pin. The other two wanted some food from the Scotland marketplace. There was nothing on the food menu that grabbed me, but I decided to get one of the drinks - Citrus Thistle featuring Hendricks’s Gin. This was a nice enough drink and very refreshing, but it lacked a certain wow factor and at $9, it was overpriced for what it was. There was one last thing that I wanted to try that day and this was exactly the opposite of overpriced. That was the Kālua pork slider with sweet and sour Dole Pineapple chutney and spicy mayonnaise at the Hawaii. This was $4 and almost full-sized roll with a generous amount of fillings.

We then had a look at one of the merchandise locations in this area. We were hoping that they had the pins there. Pam was happy to use her annual pass to get the Figment pin with her annual pass and I equipped her with the cash for this. They did not have any pins, but we both ended up getting a Chef Figment. We then headed towards the front of the park. We decided to have another Liquid Nitro Chocolate and Almond Truffle and this time we all had one. As we enjoyed our treat, it started to drizzle. This was no big issue and it had drizzled for a short while in the morning and then stopped again very quickly. So I was not in the least bit concerned. However, this turned out to be a mistake.

We went over to the Pin Trading Station and I got my Figment pin. I always try to get one pin for every special event I attend and the 25th anniversary of the Food and Wine Festival definitely comes under this category. Once we got my pin, we decided to do a couple of rides. We decided to do The Seas with Nemo and Friends. On our way there, it absolutely started pouring it down. When we got there, you could have wrung us out. We conveniently forgot that it is quite chilly in there. The advertised waiting time was quite long, but this ride never draws any significant lines and there seemed to be nobody about. Sure enough, we pretty much walked straight through. The curse of the broken down rides was still alive and well. We were stuck forever at the last scene with the talking jellyfish. I can tell you that one grows old very quick. We had a look around the tanks and went to see the manatees and then went on our way. It was still raining so we decided to call it a day.

Pam and Christine offered to give me a lift back to my hotel and I gladly accepted. We walked towards the exit and the rain was becoming stronger still. I rarely get to use the parking trams and that day I learned that they are not really designed for wet weather. Unfortunately the driver took a strange route where we ended up stopping at all the parking areas and then drove past our starting point again before we ended up in the right are where the car was parked. We got absolutely soaked on the way there and the walk to the car did not help either. Still we started to warm up and dry out when we got in the car. I don’t think I have ever been so wet, which is a bit of a surprise considering that I live in one of the wettest parts of the UK.

On the way over to the hotel, we were talking about what we had planned for the next day as we were going to meet up again, but this time at the Magic Kingdom. Time passed quickly and we were soon at All Star Music. We said goodbye and I went to my room. It was freezing in there and I even ended up turning on the eating. I got dried off and ready for bed. I was glad that I had brought my fleece blanked with sleeves as I definitely could do with that this evening. Fortunately I soon warmed up and fell asleep.

How awesome to meet up with Pam!

That nitro dessert looks amazing. I would have so succumbed to a second.
Great day travelling through the world showcase. Looks like Morocco and China for real are ticked off your list.
Love that fleece.

Cute t-shirt! Glad you had such a lovely day with Pam! I must look for that truffle in the fall!

That nitro truffle was delicious! I agree that the Remy game was HARD! They really hid some of those! It was sooo crowded when I was there it was doubly hard to find them.

That stinks about the rain!

Jill in CO

Sounds like a great day with Pam! I keep thinking, what do you end up doing with all these custom T-shirts that you make for your trips? You got to try quite a few of the food samples and how nice of Pam to get you another Chicken gyro.

I can't wait to go back to F&W myself this year!

How awesome to meet up with Pam!

I was really spoiled this time round. We got to spend parts of three days together.

That nitro dessert looks amazing.

It truly was.

I would have so succumbed to a second.

I really don't know why I did not.

Love that fleece.

That was one of the best purchases I ever made. I got this on our Alaska cruise.

Cute t-shirt!

Thanks.

Glad you had such a lovely day with Pam!

It really was and it was just the beginning.

I must look for that truffle in the fall!

You should if they offer this again.

That nitro truffle was delicious!

I was surprised just how much I liked this

I agree that the Remy game was HARD! They really hid some of those!

I seem to remember that the ones in Morocco and Italy were fiendishly difficult to find.

That stinks about the rain!

Fortunately it was not until the end of the day.

I keep thinking, what do you end up doing with all these custom T-shirts that you make for your trips?

I wear them on days off and dress down days until they fall apart essentially.

I can't wait to go back to F&W myself this year!

I just saw that the Food and Wine Festival at California Adventure is coming back, too.

Corinna

I loved reliving this day, thank you so much for spending it with us :) I had so much fun!!! and was very glad to have more days to spend with you :)

I had completely forgotten how hot it was that afternoon, it quickly came back to me. And that rain was unreal!

You got a lot done before we got together too. I'm glad the magic band wasn't a problem this time.

I loved reliving this day, thank you so much for spending it with us :) I had so much fun!!! and was very glad to have more days to spend with you :)

I loved every minute of the time I got to spend with the two of you. I am glad that I still had a further two days to come and for me the party was the highlight.

I had completely forgotten how hot it was that afternoon, it quickly came back to me.

It felt like a sauna at times.

And that rain was unreal!

Yes, that was quite something. I thought I was used to rain as we get a lot here and it can be heavy, but I don't think I was ever so wet in my life before.

You got a lot done before we got together too.

Yes, I was pretty pleased with how much ground I covered.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter