Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Let's close this thing out with a Big W leading into the Home Opener! With Rizzo out again, I am keeping my fingers crossed we are not hearing the words "10 day DL" soon. (like Yelich was just listed on) I really think it is to just make 100% sure he is on the field for the opener tomorrow, but we all know all the word~smithing that flows when a guy in injured. Javy also not in which is weird 'cause I know like Lester, Joe usually has the best defense out there for Q :confused3. I will have to check batter/pitcher stats assuming that is the reason and will see Javy in the 7th. ETA: Yep, Zobie batting .500 against Anderson and Javy with the big goose egg, lol. Riz with crap numbers against him as well, (1/12 :scared:) That is actually a relief to me because it makes sense not to push him then.
images

DaRHutvXkAAC88n.jpg

Last edited:
I know I'm playing the tiniest violin :charac2: ... but CRAP Monday looks nasty for the opener. It's supposed to snow overnight and into the morning. Ugh.

I know I'm playing the tiniest violin :charac2: ... but CRAP Monday looks nasty for the opener. It's supposed to snow overnight and into the morning. Ugh.
Yeeeeaaaahhhhhhh...I am actually hoping it gets called and played Tuesday. Not a whole lot warmer but at least dry. Plus, you KNOW whatever temp they are predicting drops another 20 degrees in wind chill at Wrigley :cold::cold::cold::cold::cold: we all turn Cubbie Blue, lol.
It really sucks especially as the last team to have their opener, you'd think we would have had better weather chances, but then I remember it isn't July or August in Chicago.

someone want to help me understand how Yadi didn't get tossed today? That had 3 game suspension at a minimum written all over it. The Nat's are prob flipping their sh%* right now after the Ump tossed Rendon. The strike zone across the league seems to only be good for Ohtani (is he INSANE or what?:worship:)Legit no rhyme or reason to the Umps this season.
https://deadspin.com/benches-clear-in-diamondbacks-cardinals-when-yadier-mol-1825092180

and Willy got 2 games for his face mask taking a bad bounce last year :rolleyes:

HAPPY SNOWPENING DAY!!!!upload_2018-4-9_9-44-43.jpeg

Mother Nature is really pushing it this spring~ Start time has been pushed back to 2:20

DaWPSF2V4AEkeyC.jpg

images
images
upload_2018-4-9_9-44-9.jpeg

A friend shared that photo on FB. Im on my way to Wrigley. I’m dressed in layers with my Uggs keeping my feet warm. Yay opening day!

A friend shared that photo on FB. Im on my way to Wrigley. I’m dressed in layers with my Uggs keeping my feet warm. Yay opening day!
you have an extra hour~ game time pushed to 2:20. Gates will open at 12:20 and ceremony around 1:45

Rizzo still out...Zobie in his place

upload_2018-4-9_10-10-3.jpeg

Hoping all Happ and Schwarb's need is being back at Wrigley! Kyle probably just misses his Bud Board, lol

DaWYnAVX0AA1-Ry.jpg

Rizzo still out...Zobie in his place

View attachment 315109

Hoping all Happ and Schwarb's need is being back at Wrigley! Kyle probably just misses his Bud Board, lol

DaWYnAVX0AA1-Ry.jpg
Hope you are right about Schwarber. I'm not a fan of him and Happ both starting. At least they aren't in 1st and 3rd position for batting order. Wish they would use Tommy as a starter. And more Albert. But Zobrist gets my vote all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter