Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

we didn't get the Cubs Opener today but you can still see Addie tonight!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: (MAYBE? Not sure if THIS Monday means tonight or 4/16)
Addison Russell‏Verified account @Addison_Russell 1h1 hour ago
Tune in to #SuperiorDonuts THIS Monday to see my guest-star appearance at 9/8c on @CBS
1f60e.png

DaW2ylFU8AAwZqI.jpg

DaW2ylTV4AAJgIR.jpg

DaW2ylHUwAEttx0.jpg

Hope you are right about Schwarber. I'm not a fan of him and Happ both starting. At least they aren't in 1st and 3rd position for batting order. Wish they would use Tommy as a starter. And more Albert. But Zobrist gets my vote all the time.
on Tommy..just an observation not dig...but it seems like statistically he hits better off the bench than when he is a starter. I am more of a Schwarber fan than Happ (sorry Kewz) I still think too much was made of him in AAA and that they club just sort of continued that hype. Joe seems to love him tho, and he does have his moments, but being LO seems pretty risky so far. Let's see how it goes, sure can't get much worse, lol.
Plus, to use TLS as a starter, it would be 3B. That would have KB going to LF or RF bumping both Schwarb's and Zobie from getting time in out there. I know~ many would be thrilled to see JHey out of the picture (but KB is no way near JHey in RF) so move JHey to C, now AAJ and Happ need to be platooned somewhere. Happ can technically play 2nd but give me Javy there all day every day over Happ. Move Javy to SS and where does Addie go? Musical chairs to Go Cubs Go , lol

Last edited:
Too bad I had to watch the entire show to see Addie for 30 seconds. They need better writers.
...but you got to see that *amazing* fake Wrigley set & Addie get a zinger in on Rizzo, lol. I DVR'd and FF to the middle..you can just watch the Addie part on Youtube as well for anyone who didn't see it.

Today is the day that Happ, Schwarber and Baez all get to raise their batting average. Go for runs today, guys. Swing for the fences if you must, but get some good solid hits.

And it's good that Addie does so well as a baseball player. Acting is not his forte.

What channel are you folks getting this on? I’m trying to find w apps at work. Tried abc, wgn, csn, ...

Update: I think I know the issue. Work internet thinks I’m in Michigan. Cooking show on ABC as a result.

Update: all good. Baez homers now...

Last edited:
I had to DVR it and just finished watching...Oh my JAVY!!!!!!!! WOW! First(and second) Wrigley homer of the season and he CRUSHED that first one! Willy still hot, Schwarb's on the way back, JHey, STELLAR AB in the 8th! Rivero/Vazquez whatever he's calling himself now is a brutal closer. Now...not sure how any of you all felt about this but Happ on that blooper in the 3rd? Absolutely should have had that. Effort level -1. AAJ had to be going nuts in the dugout knowing he would have had it. I Think Chatwood did decent, certainly #5 level. Honestly he was cruising along, (bad calls against him in the Cervelli AB came back to haunt him along with that walk in the 3rd) honestly, Happ missing that blooper was just so deflating~but Bucco's were placing the ball perfectly and ahem, not leaving RISP.:rolleyes1Stupid replay on Willy broke the momentum and gave Nova new life. We were on him early, which was great to see happen.
Go get 'em tomorrow night !
Today is the day that Happ, Schwarber and Baez all get to raise their batting average. Go for runs today, guys. Swing for the fences if you must, but get some good solid hits.

And it's good that Addie does so well as a baseball player. Acting is not his forte.

lol 2 out of 3 ain't bad..didn't HAPPen for one of them (tho he did actually have contact today instead of the wind turbine impression)

ETA: Just re-watched Happ's play on that blooper. I will readjust my effort score from -1 to a +3..but he still should have had that. I'm even more impressed with JHey's at bat and see it as a good thing we put on the pressure to have the Buc's bring their closer in the 8th

Last edited:
Wonder if Starling Marte is still using PED like they found out last year?

Wonder if Starling Marte is still using PED like they found out last year?
who knows, he DID crush that homer, (then again so did Javy)..but their team in general were all pretty darn good with the situational hitting today.However, Cervelli had Ump help which resulted in his RBI. Was a 1-2-3- K, but not in the Umps eyes, so costs us a run & more pitches for Chatwood~ add in the 2 runs Happ gave up and guess what, tie game :sad2:
DacX9RBVwAA29Qu.jpg

but like last year for the Pirate's, they started strong and then tanked for the most part (I know they were w/out Marte but still) so hoping for more of the same. They have had some pretty easy games so far to get them in 1st. We had easy chances too and blew it, but I am hoping they are going to hit a wall. Hurdle knows it~ he did that challenge on Willy PDQ because he knows he has to keep this winning streak rolling along at any cost and saw it starting to slip in the first inning already.

well...hoping for a Brewers loss (not going to phrase it as asking for a Card's w_ _ just can't get those words out, lol)
and we get serious and take care of business tomorrow and get the series on Thursday. It's supposed to hit near 70 Thurs and it's another day game so hoping our bats do well.

STL has had the bases loaded 2x's and have only come away with 1 run out of it :rolleyes:

:rotfl2:yep, interesting is one word for it. Quotes from it:

Addison Russell is overrated and not entirely good

The front office is out of its prime.

Steve Cishek? Come on, is this 2013? Not to mention, the supporting cast of Carl Edwards, Pedro Strop and Brian Duensing is pretty funny, considering they sound like a trio of cartoon characters, and also pitch like one in high-leverage situations.

As for the rotation, Chicago lost its only power pitcher in Jake Arrieta,

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:oh man, it was nice laughing this morning!:thumbsup2 I notice he laid off of Hendrick's other than the power pitcher exclusion.

He did copy and paste 2 obvious things (even the blind Umps can see)that I agree with:

1) If you're the CHICAGO CUBS, you cannot be splitting a season-opening series against the Marlins (a few more than 46 attending :rolleyes2)

2)Until Ian Happ can prove to be a consistent leadoff hitter, this team is going to struggle scoring runs. There's a reason the team was firing on all cylinders with Dexter Fowler atop the lineup. He was a patient hitter that gets on base and can occasionally hit for power. That's EXACTLY what you need in the leadoff spot

My take on it?

Sports -writer wannabe , typical Cub-Hater on a seek and destroy mission so they can say I told you so in print one day so their 46 fans can read it.

THIS is the only thing he's hoping to see happen, and um yeah, fan's were watching before '15 lol
Cubs fans will be doing what they did in the years before 2015: not bother watching their team when they eventually fall out of contention.

I love these post-season articles 2 weeks into a season..I mean, they add so much to a writer's credibility. If we don't make the post season,get ready to see him re-posting this article every hour on the hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter