Candy Apples, Monsters, Haunted Houses, Scare Zones, Strange Things an Exorcist and more. Is there a Doctor in the House? HHN 32 trip.

Wednesday, September 20th

Did sleep in a little today. We went down to the club lounge for a light breakfast.

We decided to have a more laid back day. So after breakfast we went back to the room and got ready and went down to the VIlla Pool for a few hours. It was nice and quiet and not many people were there.

After we were done with the pool we went back to the room and took turns in the shower and I napped for a while after I talked to my hubby.

It seemed now the few days untill the trip ended were in fast forward. The first few days roll by slowly and then when departure day is coming soon it seems to fly.

The day flew by quickly, I went down to large sitting area in the lobby. My sister said she would meet me there in awhile and we would go onto the club lounge to see what was being served for dinner.

Not long after I arrived in the Lobby the sky’s opened up and it rained buckets outside. A lady came and sat down opposite me looked at me forlornly and said “this is the only night my husband, myself and our family have for HHN on this trip and it’s raining horribly outside”. I told her not to worry that typically when it rains it will keep the crowds away and it’s Wednesday ( I would eat these words later) and they should have no worries other then getting wet. I told her to get some ponchos and go and have a good time.

IMG_7635.jpeg

My sister arrived a little later and it was still raining.

IMG_7633.jpeg

I had a look at the radar when we were sitting in the lounge and I was plotting a quick trip over to HHN If the rains slowed.
IMG_7637.jpeg

I decided to put my poncho on and head to the boat after dinner. My sister K did not want to go out in the rain and decided to stay at the Resort.

It was only raining lightly when I arrived at the Water Taxi. It was about 8 pm and I was the only one on boat going over to the park.

After I arrived to the park it seemed empty at the front, but I turned right. The Scare Zones were empty. I wanted to go through The Monster Unmasked House again. When I arrived it was backed up all the way to ET with a 100 minute wait for standard ticket holders.

I had EP and I did feel a little bad walking past all those people standing in that line because I knew how far the walk was from where they were to were the house was and it was long.

Then I remember having the conversation with the lady in the lobby about on rainy evenings and being in the middle week crowds should be low…..Not……. This year was proving to be so unpredictable.

This was so unusual for crowds like this in the middle of the week on a rainy night at HHN. I guess everyone else had figured rainy evenings are typically light and had showed up to take advantage too.

IMG_7639.jpeg

As I walked to the backlot there were TM‘s Sweeping away large water puddles in the walking lanes. The TM’s do work hard to take care of the guests at Universal. They are wonderful.

By the time I reached the line leading to the House it was time to take off the rain poncho. Not much air circulates in those back lot areas because of the closeness of the buildings. It was only misting rain now, but it was really humid out.

I had a nice walk through of the house. Then it was a hike back out. The line from the exit of Monsters Umasked snaked across by The Last of Us House then made a right and continued on for the hike out. I. Liked this house a lot, but it was a walk to get to and get out of.
IMG_7638.jpeg
I had nocticed there were no people in line for the The Last of Us house. When I walked towards Darkest Deal, Last of Us and Dr. Oddfellow’s Twisted Origins the TM’s were standing outside the entrances telling people those houses were all on delay do to the weather.

I walked across the bridge and stopped to have a look at Kreacher in the window.
IMG_7641.jpeg

Then I walked past the Shipyard 32 Scare Zone.
IMG_7642.jpeg

I figured with the Houses in the back being closed the houses in the front would be busy.

Chucky was backed up and I could even see the EP line was backed up too. So I kept walking.

IMG_7643.jpeg

Yeti was a predicted 45 minute wait for regular ticket goers and I was in in 15 minutes after the walk back.

Last edited:
It was about 11:00 pm when I walked past Stranger Things and it had a 75 minute wait. I debated on whether to trek back the house. My shoes were good and wet by now and I really should have left, but I did go back and have another another walk through. I had about a 20 minute wait with EP.

IMG_7646.jpeg

IMG_7649.jpeg
I was tempted by BloodMoon, but kept walking. I needed to get back to the resort as my older sister D wanted to come by and hang out with us again. I was looking forward to another sisters day.

Her son was going to drop her off about 10:30 am and I needed to be rested to have another sisters day tomorrow. I think my sister K was the smart one staying back at the resort out of the rain.

I was so glad to get on the boat back to the resort.

After getting back to the room I headed for the shower and it was time for bed.

To be continued

IMG_2313.gif

Thursday, September 21

Woke this morning opened the curtains and the sun shining. My sister was awake too.

Think I shared that the curtains really do keep the sunlight out so it you are a late sleeper you can sleep in if you wish as the room is completely dark with these curtains.

After getting ready we headed down to the Club Lounge for a light breakfast. I think I shared how much I liked the coffee in the lounge. It is so good.

Our older sister D called to let us know when she would be arriving. So after breakfast we headed up to the room to get ready and get the day started.

Our sister D uses a scooter to get around do to some back and leg issues. Sadly our family has issues with degenerative arthritis that zeros in on back and legs. Couple that with being a RN and being on your feet for hours and moving patients around doesn’t help.

Myself and my two sisters are all RN’s. I truely feel it is a calling type of profession and labor of love for sure. My older sister D and I are retired now. Our younger sister K is still working as a RN.

Now back to the scooter. Universal and the Resorts are very accessible for scooters in the parks and on the water taxis.

We went down to the Lobby as our sister D said she was about to arrive. Before long she was here and ready to head to CityWalk.

We walked around the big Universal Store then over to the Legacy Store and looked around.

The displays for Stranger Things were really nice.
IMG_7652.jpeg

IMG_7653.jpeg

They do such a nice job with the displays and merchandise in the Legacy Store and the large Universal Store.
IMG_7656.jpeg

IMG_7655.jpeg

IMG_7654.jpeg

IMG_7658.jpeg

I have to admit I‘am missing Shrek.
IMG_7660.jpeg

Before long it was 12:30 and my sister D was ready for lunch. So we let her pick where she wanted to go and she chose Cowfish.

We went up to the check in podium and were able to get in after a 10 minute wait.

My sister K and I decided to get some appetizers and share them. My sister D ordered a salad.

The Parmeasean Bacon Truffles Fries were terrible. We should have sent them back, but it had taken awhile to be waited on and then the food was a wait to get. The fries were cold and the toppings were tastless.
IMG_7662.jpeg

The Crab Rangoon Dip was good. We have had this before and it never disappoints.
IMG_7663.jpeg

We ordered the Spicey Crunchy Roll. It was ok.
IMG_7664.jpeg

After lunch we decided to head out the back way that leads to the outside seating area and outside bar of Cowfish. Then the heavens opened up just a couple minutes later. So we stayed under the outside seating roof at a table until the downpour slowed down.

Last edited:

Thursday, September 21st continued

The second floor was set up like a Sci-FI 3D Theatre from the 1950’s. It was awesome.

Frankenstein and and his bride were over in the corner for a nice photo op.
IMG_7711.jpeg

IMG_7720.jpeg

IMG_7721.jpeg

IMG_7710.jpeg

IMG_7709.jpeg

Even the the bar area was included in the decor.
IMG_7722.jpeg

IMG_7724.jpeg
The drink menu looked fun. We had plans to get drinks else where so did not try anything here.

IMG_7725.jpeg

Guess who we found enjoying the 3D movie.
IMG_7726.jpeg

IMG_7727.jpeg

IMG_7745.jpeg

Ellyn the bartender came over and introduced herself to us and asked it we would like her to take a photo of us. She was so nice. We had a nice conversation with her. She was wonderful. She told us to look scared and surprised. My sister K is on right. I‘am in the middle and older sister D in on the left. We were having such fun time.

Universal has such wonderful TM’s every where in the parks and CityWalk. Ellyn was so kind. We thanked her for her thoughtfulness. This is a fun keepsake photo of my sisters and myself of our fun day out.
IMG_7755.jpeg

Our plans were to go to Cabana Bay and have a look around and go to the Halloween them bar there At the Swizzle lounge in the lobby area.

We decided to take the bus over from Citywalk.
IMG_7761.jpeg

IMG_7762.jpeg

The rain had stopped by now and the sun had come out in full force and it was humid. The bus had just arrived when we showed up. After my sister was settled on the bus with her scooter the rest of us loaded and off we went.

Cabana Bay Resort is a 1950’s and 60’s themed Resort. I have been to visit the resort a few times, but have never stayed there. They have some old vehicles parked outside.
IMG_7763.jpeg

IMG_7764.jpeg

IMG_7765.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

Last edited:
My sister K wanted to stop by the Bayliner Diner to pick up the Halloween refill cup.
The diner is huge with many food option stations.

I thought I would include photos of food options for those that might be planning to go to the Bayliner Diner.
IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7769.jpeg

IMG_7770.jpeg

IMG_7772.jpeg

IMG_7773.jpeg

IMG_7774.jpeg

IMG_7775.jpeg

IMG_7776.jpeg

IMG_7777.jpeg

IMG_7778.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_7779.jpeg

IMG_7780.jpeg

My sister K found the cup she wanted.

IMG_7781.jpeg

IMG_7782.jpeg

They do sell wine by the checkout line.
IMG_7783.jpeg

IMG_7784.jpeg

IMG_7785.jpeg

IMG_7787.jpeg

There is a 1950’s movie playing in the diner.
IMG_7789.jpeg

This area is huge and I can see it handling large volumes of people.

To be continued

IMG_2662.gif

I, too, love how they re-theme the Coconut Club according to the holiday/event. Kind of like the Tribute Store, it keeps you wondering what will come next. That picture of you and your sisters watching the film was so sweet! We’ve encountered some of the nicest staff there. Bartender Sean has gone over the top for us.

Love your report! Such wonderful sister time in a very happy place!

I, too, love how they re-theme the Coconut Club according to the holiday/event. Kind of like the Tribute Store, it keeps you wondering what will come next. That picture of you and your sisters watching the film was so sweet! We’ve encountered some of the nicest staff there. Bartender Sean has gone over the top for us.

Love your report! Such wonderful sister time in a very happy place!
You are right it is always so nice to look forward to what they will come up with as far as the decorations are concerned. They are so creative.

I had so much fun with my sisters. Thank you for your comments you are very kind.

The staff there are wonderful.

Sean sounds like a wonderful bartender. So nice he has taken care of you all on your visits there.

Thank you for reading along.

Thursday, September 21st continued

After leaving the Baylner diner we walked over to the gift shop. The display windows our wonderfully done.

There are glass walls that reflect inside the lobby so sorry for the the reflective light.
IMG_7791.jpeg

IMG_7792.jpeg

IMG_7793.jpeg

IMG_7794.jpeg

We walked through the gift shop which is really large with nice displays.

I saw these t-shirts and had to take a photo.
IMG_7795.jpeg

Jack LaLanne was way before his time in teaching the need for fitness back in the day. I can remember seeing his exercise show on TV when I was a little girl. He lived to be 96 years old.

I have never seen these different putty containers in any of the other Potter stores or gift shops.
IMG_7796.jpeg

IMG_7797.jpeg

Last edited:
After leaving the gift shop we headed around the corner to the Swizzler Lounge that had been re-themed for Halloween. My sister K and I did a Halloween a cocktail trip around Universal last year during HHN and we came by here for a cocktail and had such a nice tIme.

Interestingly we ran into a couple who lived in the town we grew up in which is in a south suburb of Chicago.

The lounge is open to the lobby. There are some chairs at the bar and some tables and chairs located across from the bar.

They were doing a nice business and were pretty busy when we arrived.

The area around the bar and in back of the bar was decorated nicely with pumpkins.

I remember this sign from the Wicked Growth House in 2021. It added nicely to the decorations.
IMG_7799.jpeg

IMG_7800.jpeg

And of course “Lil Boo“ was front and center in the decorations on wall behind the bar.
IMG_7801.jpeg

IMG_7802.jpeg

IMG_7803.jpeg

IMG_7807.jpeg

They had a nice selection of drinks to choose from. My sister K and sister D had a Bloody Mary and I had a Hand Shaken-Colada. Both drinks had a heavy pour of liquor. They do not skimp on the booze here. Both cocktails were very good.
IMG_7808.jpeg

IMG_7809.jpeg

IMG_7804.jpeg

The Lobby at Cabana Bay is huge. Universal has done a wonderful job with Cabana Bay. You would never know this is one of their budget minded Resorts. They have done a great job with the attention to detail. As always above and beyond.
IMG_7810.jpeg

Last edited:
Next my sister K and I wanted to go and see the Chucky experience on the second Floor. My sister D’s grandson had kept her SUV for the afternoon and he was on his way back to pick everyone up so she went the front of the Resort to watch for him.

There is a large Starbucks store in past the gift shop. It looks like it is the largest Starbucks on Universal property. I do enjoy the Starbucks coffee.
IMG_7818.jpeg

It is awesome that Universal has set aside a large room upstairs on the second floor of Cabana Bay to add to the HHN festivities. This years theme was Chucky. The creative folks knocked it out of the park again this year. This is only for onsite resort guests.
IMG_7817.jpeg

IMG_7819.jpeg

IMG_7820.jpeg

There were a lot of photos ops for the you take pictures.
IMG_7821.jpeg

IMG_7833.jpeg

IMG_7834.jpeg

IMG_7835.jpeg

to be continued

IMG_2637.gif

Last edited:
After we were done in the Chucky Experience my sister dropped us off at Portofino. We had a wonderful sisters day hanging out and enjoying each others company.

We went back to the room and rested a little and then it was time to head down to the club lounge to see what was on hand for a light dinner.

After dinner we decided to catch the water taxi over to HHN.

The boat was full by the time it pulled away from the resort.

We took a stroll through The Dark Zodiac scare zone.

IMG_7866.jpeg

IMG_7862.jpeg

IMG_7867.jpeg

IMG_7872.jpeg

IMG_7865.jpeg

IMG_7869.jpeg

IMG_7868.jpeg

IMG_7864.jpeg

IMG_7863.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter