Candy Apples, Monsters, Haunted Houses, Scare Zones, Strange Things an Exorcist and more. Is there a Doctor in the House? HHN 32 trip.

They had a some wonderful Christmas pieces from the WWOHP.

There were so many things I wanted to buy and I was almost tempted to purchase them and have them send back to the room, but I didn’t.
IMG_7408.jpeg

IMG_7409.jpeg

IMG_7410.jpeg

After looking through the store back out I went.

IMG_7414.jpeg

IMG_7430.jpeg

IMG_7412.jpeg

IMG_7413.jpeg

I wanted to go have a look in the Port of Entry Christmas Shoppe.

IMG_7415.jpeg

My sister K is a fan of the Grinch.
IMG_7421.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_7420.jpeg

IMG_7419.jpeg

IMG_7418.jpeg

IMG_7422.jpeg

I think the Earl the Squirrel merch is funny and cute.
IMG_7416.jpeg

IMG_7425.jpeg

They were just putting the Quidditch Tree back together after inventory.
IMG_7427.jpeg

IMG_7428.jpegIMG_7429.jpeg

There was a lot more WWOHP Christmas things. Looking back on it now I wish I would have bought some of the Christmas merch. Always next time.

The Christmas store is beautiful to walk through.

After I came out of the Christmas Store. I ran into a female Pirate. THe TM was so sweet to pose.

IMG_7432.jpeg

I then went onto one of the most colorful areas of the park.

IMG_7433.jpeg

IMG_7434.jpeg

IMG_7436.jpeg

IMG_7435.jpeg

Of course I had to ride the Cat in the Hat
IMG_7438.jpeg

IMG_7439.jpeg

IMG_7441.jpeg

IMG_7442.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_7443.jpeg

IMG_7444.jpeg

IMG_7447.jpeg

IMG_7437.jpeg

IMG_7448.jpeg

Circus McGurkus was not open. There was a wall around it.
IMG_7449.jpeg

I was on a mission to buy some books and fun things for my little Great Nephew J. He loves to build things and is learning to read so this was going to be a fun shop.
IMG_7451.jpeg

IMG_7453.jpeg

I found a lot of fun games and books I thought he would like and made my purchases and had them sent back to the room.

As I was leaving I saw the Cat himself.
IMG_7455.jpeg

To be continued

IMG_2640.gif

Tuesday, September 19th continued

After I was done Seuss Landing I walked over to the Lost Continent. I saw a character on the the way.
IMG_7462.jpeg

It was sad to see Poseidons Fury closed. This was one of those one and done walk through attractions, but is was very nostalgic.

Mythos is located in the Lose Continent and I have eaten there many times over the years. It is a full service restaurant and is a very nice respite from the heat on a hot day.

There was no one at the Magic Fountain. I have sat and watched many interaction’s between the park guests and the fountain and they have been really funny over the years.
IMG_7503.jpeg

IMG_7505.jpeg

I have often said I wanted to try these two walk up food places in Sinbad‘s Market Place, but have never tried them. It seems on those days I have thought about it is to hot to sit outside.

IMG_7463.jpeg

IMG_7504.jpeg

There are tables provided to sit outside and enjoy your meal. I just don’t want to sit in the heat while eating. So this has been the big downside for me with these two counter service restaurantst.

Next up I had been looking forward to seeing the Halloween Boutique.

The designers do such a wonderful job with this boutique every year since they have started it up.

IMG_7498.jpeg

IMG_7500.jpeg

IMG_7501.jpeg

IMG_7492.jpeg

IMG_7489.jpeg

IMG_7491.jpeg

IMG_7496.jpeg

IMG_7497.jpeg

IMG_7488.jpeg

The Chucky interactive Popcorn buckets were very popular.
IMG_7481.jpeg

There was also a Halloween molding machine inside the boutique.
IMG_7490.jpeg

I really enjoyed walking around and taking pictures in the boutique. It is a small space and can become very congested with just a few people inside so I was lucky to get there at just the right time.

Again what a wonderful job on the boutique this year by the design team. I look forward to seeing the boutique every year since they started it.

I headed out of IOA and I had plans to stop and say a quick hello to a couple folks from the Dis. It was nice to meet up say hello and have a visit.

I needed to get scootin and get back to the Resort for some rest.

On my way back I stopped to take a photo of the window display outside the big Universal Store in CityWalk.
IMG_7511.jpeg

Then quick browse of the Voodoo Donuts.
IMG_7515.jpeg

Then onto the Water Taxi. I was lucking out on the Water Taxis as there was one waiting.

When I got back to the room my sister was still at the Pool. So I took a hot shower and put on some comfy clothes and settled in for a nap.

We had a big evening and night planned ahead. I bought tickets to take my sister to MNSSHP and dinner at Be Our Guest for her birthday. I wanted to be rested for the evening ahead.

To be continued

IMG_2656.gif

Last edited:
Tuesday, September 19th continued.

I did enjoy a nice nap. When I woke up my sister was back from the pool and starting to get ready for MNSSHP.

A little backstory on the event this evening. My sister K is a big a fan of Disney so for her birthday which was going to be soon I decided to get tickets to MNSSHP and ressies for Be Our Guest. Sadly the only reservation for BOG was 8:30 pm. I had learned from a couple of years ago that you can go up to the check in desk outside of the restaurant and see if you can get in earlier. So this was going to be the plan this evening.

I got up and got ready for the party and we were out the door by about 4:30 pm. I had learned from before that there can be a very long line to get in at 4 pm.

Even though the event does not start 7 pm those with MNSSHP tickets can get in by 4 pm. Regular park guest who have been at MK during the day have to be out by 6 pm.

I think we got there about 5:15 pm. We had to do a little search for a parking space then it was over to the Ticket and Transportation area to catch the boat. We could only take the boat as the they were directing people from the park to take the Monorail.

It looked as though It was going to be a busy night.

It is so nice to see many families dressed up in Halloween costumes excited to go to the event.

IMG_7535.jpeg

When we arrived to the turnstiles to use our magic bands there were some long lines, but they were moving fairly quickly.

Once inside we hear the speaker over head saying the event was sold out for the evening.

IMG_7537.jpeg

IMG_7538.jpeg

My sister had dressed for the event in her cute Halloween attire. I told her to pose so I could text her hubby a Picture.

IMG_7539.jpeg

IMG_7541.jpeg

IMG_7544.jpeg

IMG_7548.jpeg

After walking in a couple stores on main street It was already 6:15 pm we decided to head over to BOG and see if we could get in sooner.

We walked up to the check in and they said of course we could get in sooner and we were directed to the doors. As soon as we got the doors the CM came out and said our table was ready.

We were sat in the large main dining room and it was almost empty.
IMG_7558.jpeg

There are three dining rooms and I walked over looked in those. They are not as big as the main Ballroom dining room, but there were only a couple tables in there with people.

This was really sad as I’am sure there were people who like myself wanted earlier times and were told there weren’t any available. Had I not checked at the desk I would have waited until my 8:30 time and missed a big portion of the shows.

The Ballroom is beautiful.

IMG_7559.jpeg

IMG_7570.jpeg

IMG_7571.jpeg

We were seated by the window and every so often you could look out and it snowed.
IMG_7569.jpeg

The meals here are prix fixe. You choose from a starter, main and dessert. If I remember correctly it is $65.00 per person. I had heard that the quality of the food had gone down a bit. So I looked online for reviews and found that there were more positive then negative reviews so felt it was worth it and my sister was really excited to eat there.

We both had the onion soup starter. You were also served dinner rolls and butter. The rolls came out nice and warm and the onion soup was good.

IMG_7554.jpeg

My sister chose a barbecue shoulder for her main.
IMG_7556.jpeg

I chose the filet.
IMG_7557.jpeg

My sister said her main was delicious and my filet was cooked to perfection and delicious. There was some sort of herb and butter seasoning on it that was nice.

Last edited:
The Beast did come out at intervals during the meal, but kept to the large main aisle.
I’am sure this is do to his bulky large costume.
IMG_7563.jpeg

IMG_7566.jpeg

IMG_7565.jpeg

For dessert they have a three piece presentation of a truffle, small white chocolate cup of gray stuff and a macaron. I had that option before and did not like it so I tried the allergy friendly vanilla cake and lemon curd. The cake was moist and good.

IMG_7562.jpeg
My sister ordered the cake too.

Our waiter was wonderful. He and my sister were talking about the gray stuff and he brought her out some.
IMG_7561.jpeg

Our waiter was so personable and really enjoyed talking with us about BOG and things to look at.

Our meal was delicious and the service was wonderful.

We walked around after our meal and I took some photos.

IMG_7572.jpeg

IMG_7573.jpeg

IMG_7575.jpeg

IMG_7577.jpeg

IMG_7582.jpeg

Last edited:
BOG was always a favorite must do dinner reservation for us when at Disney. It's so beautiful, and when you are standing in there, the grander of it all, pictures don't do it justice. It takes your breath away. Amazing that you had it so empty. It's always been completely packed full when we went.

Tuesday, September 19th continued

It was sad to see Poseidons Fury closed. This was one of those one and done walk through attractions, but is was very nostalgic.

Mythos is located in the Lose Continent and I have eaten there many times over the years. It is a full service restaurant and is a very nice respite from the heat on a hot day.

There was no one at the Magic Fountain. I have sat and watched many interaction’s between the park guests and the fountain and they have been really funny over the years.
View attachment 813932

So sad there was no one there. People watching at the fountain is always a good time.

IMG_7593.jpeg

By the time we had left BOG my sister wanted to do a little Trick or Treating.

At each spot we went to they shoveled a load of candy in your bag. All the CM’s were very nice and welcomed us as we approached the treat areas. I looked at my sister and told her “what are we going to do with all this candy”….LOL

My treat bag was full after 3 treat stops. I had had enough Trick or Treating and gave my candy bag to my sister. She emptied them into her backpack and it was full and heavy with candy. I figured she could decide what to do with it.

It was time to find a spot for the Sanderson Sisters show next. The center area facing the Castle was shoulder to shoulder with people. To close for me. My sister moved in that area to watch the Sanderson Sisters Show and I watched from the side by the bridge.

Then it was time for the Fireworks and Castle light show.
IMG_7596.jpeg

IMG_7600.jpeg
IMG_7601.jpeg

IMG_7603.jpeg

IMG_7604.jpeg

IMG_7606.jpeg

IMG_7610.jpeg

IMG_7613.jpeg

After the Fireworks it was soon time for the parade.

As we were waiting for the parade there was a loud static noise from the speakers that was underlying the loud music that was being played before the parade started and it was deafening to me. I asked my sister if she could hear it and she said she could hear the music, but not the other sound.

IMG_7615.jpeg

Then the parade started.
IMG_7622.jpeg

IMG_7624.jpeg

IMG_7625.jpeg

IMG_7627.jpeg

IMG_7628.jpeg

IMG_7629.jpeg

The Hitchhiking Ghost float was cute.

After the parade there was going to be another Sanderson Sister Show according to the MNSSHP information.

We had already been at the party for 5 1/2 hours and I had wondered how the time had flown by so quickly.

I was ready to go, but I wanted my sister to decide when we left as it was her special evening. She said she was ready to go so we headed out.

I was surprised to see how many people those boats can hold going back over to the Parking lot.

I was ready to get back to the resort. Considering the fact that the event was sold out we were able to get out of the parking lot fairly quickly.

I was glad to get back to the resort and have a nice shower and get ready for bed.

It had been a warm evening and I was ready for the air conditioning.

My sister said she had a wonderful time and I was glad she enjoyed the evening.

I remember looking over at my her and seeing her smile and wave at Characters during the Boo Too You Parade and I was so happy to see her enjoying her happy place at MK.

It had been a nice full day and evening and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out.

To be continued

IMG_2499.gif

Last edited:
BOG was always a favorite must do dinner reservation for us when at Disney. It's so beautiful, and when you are standing in there, the grander of it all, pictures don't do it justice. It takes your breath away. Amazing that you had it so empty. It's always been completely packed full when we went.
I was surprised how empty it was. I told our waiter I had tried to get a earlier ressie even that morning and then came over 2 hours early for our reservation and basically no one was there to speak of.

I was so happy we had a nice experience.

Completely know the feeling. I gave in and bought the sweater, but then that used up my entire souvenir budget, so there was nothing left for everything else.
I always say next time on some of the merchandise. I will have a look next when I’am there.

I will give kudos to Universal that they always have new WWOHP merchandise.

What sweater did you buy?

So sad there was no one there. People watching at the fountain is always a good time.
It is funny to see how folks react to the TM who is interacting with them in the fountain.

I have watched some fun things there over the years.

What sweater did you buy?

The red, white, and dark teal Christmas at Hogwarts sweater. It has a picture of Hogsmeade with the Castle and a snowy white owl on it. It was with the other HP Christmas items in the Citywalk shop and in the FJ gift shop. It's a similar color / pattern to the HP Christmas mugs you took a picture of at the top of this page.

The red, white, and dark teal Christmas at Hogwarts sweater. It has a picture of Hogsmeade with the Castle and a snowy white owl on it. It was with the other HP Christmas items in the Citywalk shop and in the FJ gift shop. It's a similar color / pattern to the HP Christmas mugs you took a picture of at the top of this page.
Sounds like a really nice sweater. It is always nice to treat yourself.

That Christmas design is really nice. Quintessential WWOHP with Hogwarts in the back ground, Hedwig and the Snowman from Hogsmeade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter