Who cancels the least ?

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone booked a quick trip in oct for the boys and I basically to do a MNSSHP.
I had flights picked out through southwest and was ready to pull the trigger now all those flights have disappeared and when googled it says they cancelled a bunch with planes not coming available
I rem last year ppl discussing fairly last minute cancellations was it with westjet ? I can’t remember.
I’m seeing decent flights around $300 pp direct JetBlue out of Syracuse with exchange and times not being ideal I’m still looking but the thoughts of cancelled flights especially home bound with 2 littles on my own .. scares me
What airlines have you had troubles with ?
Thanks

Did SW contact you to say your flight has been cancelled? I've flown with them more than 100 flights and never had this happen.

Occasionally a flight disappears briefly but then reappears. Could that be the situation or did SW actually contact you to say your flight was completely cancelled and they could not accommodate you on another flight? I have never heard of that happening. They always move to a different flight and I check for times that work better for me. There is normally a window where you can book any flight on any day at absolutely no additional cost to you regardless of the current selling price of the flight.

Did SW contact you to say your flight has been cancelled? I've flown with them more than 100 flights and never had this happen.

Occasionally a flight disappears briefly but then reappears. Could that be the situation or did SW actually contact you to say your flight was completely cancelled and they could not accommodate you on another flight? I have never heard of that happening. They always move to a different flight and I check for times that work better for me. There is normally a window where you can book any flight on any day at absolutely no additional cost to you regardless of the current selling price of the flight.

I had flights picked out but hadn’t pulled the trigger . When I went back to book the flights are no longer availabel

We have found over the last few years that WestJet has more delayed flights and Air Canada has more cancelled flights.

There were tons of flights canceled due to weather this past March break and the vast majority were Southwest, for whatever that's worth. I don't know if that is because they had more flights to begin with. Our Spirit flight was canceled as well, but Spirit did not have anywhere near the number of cancellations as Southwest did, even though Spirit had multiple flights going out that day.

https://www.fox35orlando.com/news/s...ando-international-citing-weather-constraints

Hi everyone booked a quick trip in oct for the boys and I basically to do a MNSSHP.
I had flights picked out through southwest and was ready to pull the trigger now all those flights have disappeared and when googled it says they cancelled a bunch with planes not coming available
I rem last year ppl discussing fairly last minute cancellations was it with westjet ? I can’t remember.
I’m seeing decent flights around $300 pp direct JetBlue out of Syracuse with exchange and times not being ideal I’m still looking but the thoughts of cancelled flights especially home bound with 2 littles on my own .. scares me
What airlines have you had troubles with ?
Thanks
Southwest is ceasing operations at the Syracuse airport after 4 Aug 2024, You will have to choose Rochester or Albany for your flights.
--------------------------------------------------
Syracuse, New York – April 25,2024 – Southwest Airlines has informed the Syracuse Regional Airport Authority (SRAA) they will cease operations at Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) on August 4, 2024. This news was part of a larger announcement the airline made early this morning regarding a widespread reduction of service across its network.

“While we are disappointed to hear this news, we recognize the challenges the airline is facing due to Boeing aircraft delivery delays and lack of available capacity,” said SRAA Executive Director Jason Terreri. “We appreciate Southwest leadership flying in to deliver the news in person yesterday. During this conversation, they shared our market was performing as expected for a new city. However, given the constraints of this new environment, the airline had to make a decision to reallocate existing aircraft to other priority markets.”

The SRAA will remain actively engaged with Southwest Airlines to determine a future date for the airline to relaunch service in Syracuse.

For questions regarding booked travel with Southwest, please contact the airline directly.

To view Southwest’s full first quarter results, please view their press release here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter