Candy Apples, Monsters, Haunted Houses, Scare Zones, Strange Things an Exorcist and more. Is there a Doctor in the House? HHN 32 trip.

After the stroll through The Five & Dime I wanted to go through the Monsters Unmasked House again. My sister did not want to go. So I did the hike back to the house and it was only a 15 minute wait to get in. This was turning out to be one of my favorite houses.

Then we walked through the Jungle of Doom scare zone. Since the year they hung the lighted Pumkins in the trees of this area Universal has done some nice lighting and scare zones here. I will admit the pumpkins were the best. Very Halloween.
IMG_7888.jpeg

IMG_7889.jpeg

IMG_7890.jpeg

IMG_7891.jpeg

It looked as thought sets of red eyes were staring down at you from the trees.
IMG_7892.jpeg

IMG_7894.jpeg

I decided to walk through The Darkest Deal house again. I liked this house and enjoyed walking through it again.

We walked over to Diagon Alley for a treat. We had been wanting to stop into Florens for an ice cream, but every time we had been in Diagon Alley it was busy. It was not too busy so we purchased our ice cream and went for a set down to enjoy it in.
IMG_7901.jpeg

I ordered the Orange Marmalade and my sister got the butter beer if I remember correctly.
IMG_7900.jpeg

IMG_7899.jpeg
While we were enjoying our ice cream the Death Eaters came out and put on a good show in the whole of Diagon Alley. They came into Knockturn Alley. They were great.

IMG_7904.jpeg

IMG_7905.jpeg

IMG_7906.jpeg

IMG_7907.jpeg

IMG_7908.jpeg

IMG_7910.jpeg

IMG_7911.jpeg

After enjoying our ice cream and another Death Eater show it was time to leave Diagon Alley.

Last edited:
I wanted to walk back through the Tribute Store. Every time I walked through the store I found something else I had missed before.

Of course we had to walk through Vamp 69 to get there.

IMG_7920.jpeg

It was like stepping into a well done Horror Comic book. When the store is full of people it is really hard to appreciate all the details. It was not to busy on this visit so many of the things that went into the scenery were nice to see.

IMG_7923.jpeg

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7925.jpeg

IMG_7926.jpeg

IMG_7927.jpeg

IMG_7928.jpeg

IMG_7929.jpeg

To be continued

IMG_2235.gif

Last edited:

All caught up. So many more great pics bringing back memories :)

I have been to visit the resort a few times, but have never stayed there
It’s grown on me for relatively sour-of-moment trips. Family members loved the vibe over Columbus Day even tho so cold

Chucky area was fun. Did find the lighting a bit tricky for pics on my Phone. do think ST one was best thus far.
When the store if full of people it is really hard to appreciate all the details.
So true. What seemed odd was seeing so many people just standing in there this year. Pretty much clogging up pathways. Didn’t seem to be shopping or sight seeing. Just hanging out I guess lol

All caught up. So many more great pics bringing back memories :)
Glad you are enjoying the pics.

Chucky area was fun. Did find the lighting a bit tricky for pics on my Phone. do think ST one was best thus far.
Yes, he lighting was hard to take good pictures. The rooms they had set up were very creative.

I agree ST was the best so far.

So true. What seemed odd was seeing so many people just standing in there this year. Pretty much clogging up pathways. Didn’t seem to be shopping or sight seeing. Just hanging out I guess lol
That was a really interesting Tribute Store for HHN this year. Yes, it was busy most times I went through also. I was glad I walked through a few times to get to appreciate the details.

Thursday, September 21st continued

I‘am always amazed at the detail the creative design team come up with for The HHN Tribute Store. The very finest detail is thought out in the design.

I had totally missed this section that showed it raining. It was so detailed it showed rain appearing to be falling on the floor next to the New York manhole cover.

IMG_7930.jpeg

IMG_7932.jpeg

IMG_7933.jpeg

IMG_7934.jpeg

IMG_7935.jpeg

IMG_7936.jpeg

My sister had left the store a little few minutes before me and we decided to meet up near Mel’s afterwards.

I took a few photos after leaving the Tribute Store.
IMG_7937.jpeg

Universal has done a wonderful job with all their stores and store fronts.
IMG_7938.jpeg

I enjoy walking along the recreated streets of New York with the old store fronts with the glass neon tube lights that were popular in the 1950’s and 60’s. It does make it feel a bit magical at night.
IMG_7939.jpeg

IMG_7940.jpeg

Last edited:

IMG_7941.jpeg

I texted my sister as I approached Mel’s. She had looked up some interesting food to try for HHN before we had left for the trip. I will admit again I‘am not that adventurous in trying new foods. K had seen this burger.

IMG_7943.jpeg

Peanut Blooder Burger and wanted to try it. I asked where she was sitting and I went and bought us both one of the burgers and some sodas. It was a warm night and I was ready for a sit down and some liquids.

IMG_7942.jpeg
The burgers were quite small for the money, but astonishingly the flavors were off the chart and complimented each other amazingly. The Chef who came up this burger did an amazing job. I would have never thought of peanut butter, raspberry jam etc on a burger. I took a pic of the menu and if you enlarge it you can see all the ingrediants on the burger. I could taste every ingredient on the burger and it was delicious. It had a spicy heat from the jalapenos and cherry peppers that was awesome. The meat that was used on the burger was moist and tender. It came on what they called a Vampire bun. A red hamburger bun. It had some charring on the top of the bun with the raspberry jam sitting on its top center.

I was glad my sister had suggested trying this.

These were sold at large food booth across from Mel’s and the back exit of Transformers near the water.

It was nice that this food booth was not as busy as some near the center of the park. It was a busy HHN this year as I and many have spoken about and the lines for some of the HHN food booths were very long.

After enjoying our burgers and sodas it was time to head out of the park.

We passed the Doctor on stage holding court on the way out.

IMG_7946.jpeg

IMG_7948.jpeg

IMG_7950.jpeg

There was a boat waiting at the dock for Portofino when we arrived.

After a nice boat ride back to the resort it was time for showering and getting ready for bed. My sister and I called our hubby‘s to give them both an update on the day and evening events. We had packed a lot in this day and it had been fun.

I was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

The beds, pillows and bedding are so nice and comfortable at Portofino.

To be continued

IMG_2640.gif

Last edited:
Finally, all caught up!!

Lovely pictures and I think you`re the only other person who tried the orange marmalade ice cream and liked it!!! I do love Potter at night.

I`m not sure I`d have ordered that burger from the look or description, but glad you enjoyed it.

Your sister time was so nice too.

Lovely pictures and I think you`re the only other person who tried the orange marmalade ice cream and liked it!!! I do love Potter at night.
Thank you Carole. So glad you like the photos. I do like the orange marmalade ice cream and the strawberry too.

Diagon Alley is really magical at night.

I`m not sure I`d have ordered that burger from the look or description, but glad you enjoyed it.
My sister K really is a catalyst for pushing me to try different foods. On my own I would have not tried it. The burger was really good. A lot better than it looked for sure.
Your sister time was so nice too.
It was so nice to have sister time on this trip. We are all getting older and cherish the time we get to spend together.

Friday, September 22

Up early this morning. I was glad I brought my IPad because it keeps me busy while my sister is still sleeping. She had the queen bed close to the windows, but I did have a peek out and the sun was already high in the sky and shinning.

About 8:45 we got ready and went down to the club lounge to have a look what was on for breakfast. I will admit I’am a creature of habit for sure. I will have my coffee, juice, toast with jam, yogurt with fruit and I’am a happy camper.

I do not usually stay Club level if I’am on my own. I just don’t think I would utilize it that much. Having my sister along made it more fun and convenient to use.

We did enjoy our morning time having coffee and breakfast with no rush in the Lounge in the morning.

The Club lounge staff were always so wonderful. They really went out of their way to make sure everyone was enjoying the food and the lounge.

After breakfast we went up to the room and got ready for a pool day.

We went to the Villa Pool. It was laundry day also. The Laundry is conveniently located close to the Villas Pool so we could enjoy pool time while the laundry was going.

I wanted to give some easy directions for folks who want to use the laundry. We were located a few floors above the lobby over looking the Bay. So the most convenient way for us to access the laundry and Villa Pool was to go out the doors near guest services into the courtyard.
IMG_6907.jpeg

There is a stairway to the left that passes right by the Laundry as you are walking to back entrance gate to the Villa Pool.

You need your room key to enter the laundry room.
IMG_7951.jpeg

IMG_7952.jpeg

IMG_7953.jpeg

IMG_7956.jpeg

IMG_7955.jpeg

IMG_7957.jpeg

The laundry room is nice and clean. There was no one else in the room. You can use your credit card to start the washers and dryers.

I started our laundry in the washers and set the time on my phone to be back and transfer everything to the dryer.

Sorry, but I need to get this out. If you are washing your laundry at the Resorts please set your watch or Phone and go and get your laundry out of the washer and dryer in a timely manner. As you can see there are a limited number of machines and this helps others who may want to do their laundry.

I will not travel back home with dirty laundry. I know some will not do laundry on vacation. I just don’t like traveling with dirty laundry even if it is travel laundry bags in the suitcases.

My sister and I enjoyed the Villa pool while the laundry was going. Hardly anyone was there and it was so convenient to do some pool time and get the laundry done. A win win.

We wanted a more lazy day as we had our last night of HHN before we were going to head home tomorrow.

It always seems when I arrive for vacation the first few days move slowly and then it feels like time speeds up and the vacation is over before you know it.

It is always sad to leave a wonderful vacation at Portofino, but I know I will be back so it makes it a little easier to leave.

I know some folks wonder why I keep coming back to Universal, Portofino my home resort and Sapphire Falls. It is like coming home to this wonderful place were the Staff are incredibly nice and welcoming, the rooms are inviting, very clean and comfy. The parks are fun with rides to ride if you want and lots of food choices.

Universal is conveniently located near a beautiful shopping Mall (Mall at Millenia) and some very nice Outlet Malls. A lot of nice resturants onsite and off.

For sure it is my favorite vacation destination. I have traveled extensively in the US and a little in Europe and there is no place I like as much as Universal Orlando. It is a magical place and my happy place for sure. It also holds wonderful memories of vacations with my grandchildren and other family members. I’am looking forward to introducing my little great-nephew J to the Minions hopefully this year. He is four years old.

I was able to get a few laps done in the pool as no one else was in the pool. We had a wonderful time relaxing by the pool.
IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_6874.jpeg

Before long the laundry was done and it was 3 pm. We collected our chair towels and put them in the towel bin on our way out.

Our room had been serviced and was nice and neat and restocked. I nor my family ever leave a mess for the housekeepers to clean up. I have seen some of the rooms housekeeping has had to clean up and it is awful. The door is open as they are hauling out bags of trash and the rooms look like they have been torn apart.

It is sad and unacceptable for someone to trash a room like that. Just my opinion of course, but I do feel sorry for the housekeepers that have to deal with those situations.

I have read and know that some folks do not feel as though they should have to tip the housekeepers because they feel they have already paid plenty for their rooms and the housekeepers get paid for doing their job. I think that is a personal preference. Everyone needs to do what they think is right.

I always tip the housekeepers. I set aside the money in an envelope before the trip so I will have a tip for each morning I’am there. I tip every morning as I know the staff can change during the time I’am there and want to make sure everyone is tipped for their service.

We took turns in the shower and I took a hour long nap.

When I woke up I decided to try and pack some of my shopping haul a little better for the trip home tomorrow. My sister K took a photo of all my repacked shopping bags and sent it to our older sister D. She sent me a text… OMG.…LOL….I laughed…..OK…I had Christmas, Birthday and Halloween merch I had bought for family.…it was a lot though I have to admit when I got everything out and looked at it in total.

We spent some time getting our suitcases in order so we would not have to do much when we returned from HHN this evening.

When we were done we went to the Club Lounge for a early light snack as we had plans to try the Minion Cafe for dinner.

to be continued

IMG_2626.gif

Last edited:
Friday, September 22 continued

After stopping in the Club lounge we went back to the room and got ready to leave for HHN.

The boat was waiting at the dock when we arrived. There were a number of folks waiting to board.

We had a nice ride over to CityWalk and then into HHN.

We decided to go have a seat on one of the benches and watch the Scare Actors in the Dark Zodiac Scare Zone.

Then we came back past the Universal Store and looked at their window displays.

IMG_8013.jpeg

IMG_8014.jpeg

IMG_8015.jpeg

IMG_8016.jpeg

IMG_8018.jpeg

IMG_8012.jpeg

IMG_8011.jpeg

I decided to walk back and go through BloodMoon Dark Offerings and it was posted 45 minute. It was basically a walk on with EP.

I did Dueling Dragons and it was basically a walk on too with EP once I walked back there.

IMG_7983.jpeg

We decided to get a few dishes and try them. They encourage you to Mobile order from your table, but you can order at the register too.

The first dish was Chicken Stuart’s Szechuan Surprise. It was Szechuan glazed rotisserie chicken and fried vegetables and lo mein.

This dish was ok. The chicken was tasty and roasted to perfection.
IMG_7985.jpeg

The next one was El Macho’s Salas y Salsa Roca Vieja which is braised beef with tomato cucumber salad , cilantro rice salsa roja and El Macho tostones.

This was a little spicey for my taste.The tostones were tough, dry and inedible.
IMG_7986.jpeg

Then the Meatball Mountain. Wood oven baked stuffed pizza with meatballs, basil fresh mozzarella and marinara.

The crust was to dry and tough on the Meatball Mountain. The meatballs were not bad there was just not enough of them and the marinara to balance out the crust.
IMG_7988.jpeg

For desserts we tried the Minion Swiss Roll. Vanilla cake with a pineapple cardamom whipped ganache, passion fruit “banana” with a chocolate shell.

My sister liked the Minion roll. I did not care for it.
IMG_7990.jpeg

IMG_7996.jpeg

Otto’s Pet Rock. Peanut butter mousse, strawberry jelly, crushed peanuts, banana cake dipped in a chocolate shell.

I have to admit I thought the Pet Rock dessert concept was genius. The flavors worked together and they had the glazing technique perfected on this dessert.
IMG_7989.jpeg

IMG_7993.jpeg

IMG_7995.jpeg

Last edited:
After dinner we walked through the Vamp 69: Summer of Blood Scare Zone. This was still our favorite Scare Zone. I went through the Monsters Unmasked House and it was a good walk through.

We decided to call it a night. We needed to get back to the resort and finish packing as we were leaving in the morning for the trip home.

The boat was waiting at the dock when we arrived. We had been really lucky with the Water Taxi’s this trip.

After getting back to the room we finished packing and took turns showering and it was time to go to sleep. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I had my alarm set for 5 am. We were up and ready in no time. I went and pulled the car under the portico and got a luggage trolley. We loaded our luggage and shopping and went down to the SUV and loaded everything,

I went in and checked out and it was time to get on the highway.

We did make a stop after being on the road for a couple hundred miles. We stopped for gas at
IMG_8055.jpeg
They are known for their fresh brisket and barbecue sandwiches.
IMG_8054.jpeg

Buc-ee was out for a visit.
IMG_8053.jpeg

IMG_8052.jpeg

They do have reasonable gas and very clean restrooms.

My sister wanted to stop at Carroll’s Sausage Country Store. This is located on I 75 it is easily marked.

In all the years we have passed this place I have never stopped to have a look.
IMG_8049.jpeg

IMG_8048.jpeg

IMG_8047.jpeg

IMG_8045.jpeg

IMG_8042.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter