April 2023 W.I.S.H.-Showers-Flowers and Health!

All important things to be grateful for.

I've noticed kindness is more abundant here, possibly because people aren't so worn out by the pace of city life. I've already mentioned having to rely on my Niece and her husband a couple times since moving, which is new to me as I've always been self-reliant. Time is always a gift and life lessons... may they never stop.

Help and kindness you receive: DH doing the stuff that I just freeze up on (and vice versa - we lucked out a bit on division of responsibilities here).

Friends and family that support you: I'm going to shout-out to my aunts here. I lost my mom as a young adult, and they've really stepped in to keep those family connections strong.

Time you have to make it happen: I am in a "semi-retired" phase right now, and really loving it. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm taking advantage of having a very open schedule right now.

Life lessons that make you wiser: I think being an observer is key here. The wisdom is in the "post game", but you can't beat yourself up too badly either.

Help and kindness you receive: I read a blog post last night from Grown and Flown called My Parents have Always Made My Life Easier. I thought it was such a great post about how it's not enabling to try to make someone's life easier. If you can help someone do something, you should just help. I've been very fortunate in my life to receive that kind of help and kindness. I know not everyone is given that from their parents / family, so I think it's important to give that to others when you can.

Friends and family that support you: I've always had great support from my family and friends (even those I haven't met such as on here).

Time you have to make it happen: Now that I'm mostly an empty nester (DS20 still lives at home but is completely self-reliant), my evenings are much more open. I do miss the running around from having younger kids, but I also enjoy the new pace of being more open and relaxed.

Life lessons that make you wiser: A friend of mine always said - We don't make mistakes, we do what we think is right and if it's not, we change it... That always made me feel better about trying something new. Or if I had a big decision to make, knowing that whichever way I decided to go, at the time it was right even though it may have to be changed down the road.

It's done.

Nitrous Oxide calmed me down and thanks to copious amounts of novocaine and an excellent dentist and kind assistant, I survived without pain and upset. It was quite bad in there, and I'm very fortunate that they were able to save my tooth. Thank God for all of that. I will be living on a liquid diet today and a very soft one for two+ weeks.

Happy to be able to catch up with everyone!! Great topics this week!

Whoohoooo Wednesday for me was visiting with a few different family members to include my nieces and nephew I didn’t get to see on Easter! I was able to give them their baskets and spend quality time with them playing without the hustle of the actual Holiday so that was so nice. They didn’t know we were coming and to see them run up to the car screaming in excitement was almost too much for my heart to handle!!!

Thankful for family this week and the ability to be off work to enjoy quality time with them.

DH and I are off to Winter Park FL here in a few hours for a long weekend-just the 2 of us! Our flight was delayed until 9:30pm…fingers crossed that’s the only delay! We see a comedy show tomorrow night and have a sunset kayak tour on Saturday night!

I've gotten some good long walks in this week and had a couple days with over 10,000 steps. I'm struggling with a post-Easter sweet tooth, but have stayed within calories yet I haven't lost any weight this week, including the +two I put on over Easter. But I'm seeing a dramatic weight loss in my face, possibly due to the low gluten intake.

Tomorrow I have to take advantage of the dry weather and mow the lawn, so that should be a good calorie burn. Other than that, maybe a trip to the fancy grocery store, just to get out of town.

I don't really have much planned for this weekend. DH and I usually go see a movie (or two), but I'm not seeing much out right now that we haven't seen. We will probably just stay home tonight and watch the baseball game (we root for the Cardinals who are not doing too well yet this year) and maybe find something to do tomorrow evening. I've got a couple of returns to do, so we could run a few errands I suppose.

Last night one of our local banks had a ladies night out and it was so much fun! They served a great meal and had dueling pianos. They entertained for about 1.5 hours, so we got to hear quite a bit of good music! It was for sure a fun way to spend an evening!

I've gotten some good long walks in this week and had a couple days with over 10,000 steps. I'm struggling with a post-Easter sweet tooth, but have stayed within calories yet I haven't lost any weight this week, including the +two I put on over Easter. But I'm seeing a dramatic weight loss in my face, possibly due to the low gluten intake.

Tomorrow I have to take advantage of the dry weather and mow the lawn, so that should be a good calorie burn. Other than that, maybe a trip to the fancy grocery store, just to get out of town.

I really need to start doing walks! I was doing them pretty regularly last year and just stopped for some reason. We have a nice neighborhood to walk around, so I need to just do it!

1681602303855.png
I can certainly agree to the goofing off bit.

The weather did not turn out very nice today and I had resigned myself to not getting any mowing done, again, but decided I would at least put the mower together and do around the patio then ended up doing that and over half of the side yard, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. Sore but pleased. ready to settle in for some telly and kitty snuggles.

Hellloooooo Friends-checking in from sunny Florida!!!!

Goodness was our travel here was complicated -our 830pm Thursday flight got delayed to 1145am on FRIDAY!!! It was so crazy. We got delayed about 15 times then at midnight they moved it to the next day which I was actually thankful for because landing at 3am was not something I was looking forward to. Thankfully we never left the house, everytime we were about to leave we got another delay notification. Talking to the flight crew yesterday they had been sleeping in the airport the entire time 🙁 it was a hose in the bathroom that they needed to replace…it took forever to get there then the testing took forever.

We had a uneventful flight and everything has been great since. We went to the comedy show last night which was great.

Today we did some flea marketing and antique shopping and went on a sunset kayaking tour! Enjoy this sunset photo!

505C3898-48D7-4384-A680-5E477F8CE39E.jpeg

Hellloooooo Friends-checking in from sunny Florida!!!!

Goodness was our travel here was complicated -our 830pm Thursday flight got delayed to 1145am on FRIDAY!!! It was so crazy. We got delayed about 15 times then at midnight they moved it to the next day which I was actually thankful for because landing at 3am was not something I was looking forward to. Thankfully we never left the house, everytime we were about to leave we got another delay notification. Talking to the flight crew yesterday they had been sleeping in the airport the entire time 🙁 it was a hose in the bathroom that they needed to replace…it took forever to get there then the testing took forever.

We had a uneventful flight and everything has been great since. We went to the comedy show last night which was great.

Today we did some flea marketing and antique shopping and went on a sunset kayaking tour! Enjoy this sunset photo!

View attachment 753597
81875F99-9CD2-43FC-B39F-356588E8E6F0.jpeg184D0C9B-1A81-4C5D-B30D-2C407EF5B23B.jpeg
(I wanted to click two different emojis on this - yikes on the night of delays, but love for the sunset photo! - Sorry I can't make the screenshots smaller 🤣 )

My result from yesterday's quiz. I don't take those too often, but they are fun!

1681681934457.png

Today is our typical Sunday at the parents day. After church, we go to my mom's for lunch and my in-laws for dinner. Most of the time, we come home in between for an afternoon nap, but today we came home and watched baseball.

I always consider Sunday to be a semi-cheat day because I have zero control over the menu and I don't want to make anyone feel like the need to make something special for me. Somehow it always seems to work out good though!

Hope everyone has a good final day to their weekend!

Tomorrow is back to school for the kids so back to packing lunches and checking backpacks for me!
The funeral home dropped off the guest book and flowers today. Since my mother is being cremated and the church is decorated for Easter we ended up with all 6 arrangements. Did a repeat of when my dad passed...grabbed the flowers, popped a DVD in the car for the kids and criss-crossed the state leaving arrangements at other family members plots. I must say I was impressed with DS7...we got to one of the cemeteries and he all of a sudden goes "dad pull over this is a good spot." And low and behold he recognized the section his great-grandparents are in!
One more day off for me tomorrow then it's back to work. I am already dreading all my emails. Going to try to relax tomorrow though.
Getting back on the decent eating track re-starts tomorrow....the amount of meatballs, pizza and Easter leftovers thar have been consumed has been crazy! But only a few weeks until some of my lettuce is ready to harvest so that's pretty exciting.

Great quote to start the week with. I'll agree that holidays and vacations tend to be parking lots where I can get stuck and go off track with my healthy living goals. It took all week to get back to my pre-Easter weight and it wasn't just the food I ate during the holiday but the sugar consumed triggered the want for more, and more, and more...

But I will add that sometimes sitting in a parking lot, getting a rest, can be a good thing depending on how long you're there and what you're doing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter