April 2023 W.I.S.H.-Showers-Flowers and Health!

Like others, holidays and vacations are parking spaces for me. I would like to add school events, other special occasions, and certain restaurants.

Sometimes I park so long that I deserve a parking ticket!!!

I avoid school events involving food now which is rather sad because I am not socializing with my colleagues as much as I would like. I have residual fear from the pandemic, so I still don’t eat in the overcrowded and cramped teachers lounge. They do a lot of cooking and pot luck meals, so diet wise, it’s for the best. Unless it’s a mandatory meeting, I avoid the group activities.

I did great with Easter and spring break. I maintained throughout and lost a pound at the end of the week mostly due to my dental issues, but I have to acknowledge that I only ate a lot on Easter, and I had no Easter candy. The one day I went out for lunch, I ate lighter at dinner.

Motivation Monday
View attachment 753957
What are some of your parking spaces and how do you avoid pulling in and keep yourself going?

I love that quote! I've never seen it before!

There are so many parking spots along the way - like others have said, vacations and holidays are for sure things that can stall my progress. Now that our kids are older, DH and I are taking more trips, so I have to not just go wild when we travel because we do it more often now.

That being said, sometimes we need to give ourselves grace if we choose to pull over for awhile, we just need to recognize it for what it is - a brief pause on our journey to be our best self!

I'm not a late night snacker and never have been. Not sure why but I've always been pretty good about stopping eating earlier in the evening. For our cruise we have the later seating, which is going to be late compared to when we'll be going to bed, but we'll be there over the summer solstice when the sun never really sets, so maybe we'll feel like staying up later.

Last edited:
DH and I stay up way too late, so we both usually have a little something before we go to bed. My go to is usually either a couple of wedges of laughing cow cheese or this little dessert I put together. I combine a can of no sugar added fruit cocktail (drained), a sugar free vanilla pudding cup and 1/2 cup cool whip. Just mix it all together and keep in refrigerator until you're ready to eat it. It's pretty refreshing in the summer!

So many of the snacks on your delish link look great! I've saved a bunch of them to try!

I'm not a late night snacker and never have been. Not sure why but I've always been pretty good about stopping eating earlier in the evening. For our cruise we have the later seating, which is going to be late compared to when we'll be going to bed, but we'll e there over the summer solstice when the sun never really sets, so maybe we'll feel like staying up later.

Where are you cruising? We're doing an Alaska cruise out of Seattle this summer.

We're doing the Disney Alaska cruise out of Vancouver departing 6.19. What cruise line are you on out of Seattle?

I'd love to do Disney - I hear their cruises are top notch!!

We are doing Princess on June 25th. My mom is treating for my family and my sister's family. None of us have ever done an Alaskan cruise before and are very excited! We've also never been to Seattle, so are grateful to have a few days to explore there as well!

I'd love to do Disney - I hear their cruises are top notch!!

We are doing Princess on June 25th. My mom is treating for my family and my sister's family. None of us have ever done an Alaskan cruise before and are very excited! We've also never been to Seattle, so are grateful to have a few days to explore there as well!
It's the first cruise for my Sister and I as well, so I picked Disney for the comfort of knowing the quality to expect. I've been to Alaska once and wanted to go back, so this is the perfect choice.

Downtown Seattle is still recovering from the financial impacts of covid, but last time I went in to the office (I think back in January) it was looking pretty good with a lot more business people on the streets.

I have myself a real sweet tooth, so I always have dessert right after dinner. I don't eat anything after 6:30 PM, an old WW habit. I bake Bob's Red Mill gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Another favorite are No Pudge brownies made with yogurt and 60% cacao chocolate chips. When I don't feel like baking, I will have Blue Bunny mini cones.

Right now, I'm indulging in Jello sugar free pudding snacks since I am sticking to a soft food diet until I get my permanent crown.

We've had a couple really rough days at work due to a surprise re-organization, and the turmoil is going to continue for a while so it is challenging to feel woohoo-y. I did see a nice friendly number on the scale this morning, so I am happy about that.

And woohoo for being able to wear clothing that has been too small, but the past few mornings I've realized I am very bored but pretty much everything I have. It'll be a while before I can do a complete overhaul, in the meantime I'll enjoy thinking about what my new style will be.

Last edited:
Way to look on the bright side, @Oneanne!

My WooHoo is not health-related, but I got to pick up DS's repaired suitcase this morning, and I'm glad I found someplace that fixes them. 😎

It was just a fairly short tear along the zipper, and he didn't really want a new one (plus, it's better for the planet to fix than replace it) so WooHoo for the repair guy!!

My WooHoo for today is that our local, family owned ice cream place is opening today for the season. I don't go there much, but DS loves it and all of local sports teams and just lots of kids love it. It's the type of place you drive thru or go up to the window to order. They have picnic tables around, so it's always packed in the summer after ball games or other events, so it's fun to go by there and see everyone hanging out!

1681927808962.png

I'm not a late night snacker. Have to be super mindful if I'm eating too much before bedtime because acid reflux is a real drag in the middle of the night!

Not wahoo that I've learned some news that kinda has me reeling and unsure of a lot of life stuff. I was good and didn't eat my feelings the first week, but I haven't been quite so good this week. I'll adjust.

Wahoo that we've now made all our reservations for our NY/FLA trip this summer.

Wahoo that the babysitting co-op I was in (and all those ladies are my dearest friends) are planning a walk/hike this summer. It'll be so fun. For a few years we were doing a weekend away (so funny to make the hubbies watch the kids alone an entire weekend!) and then we started once a month or so get togethers and then things fizzled out for whole group stuff. We got together in December and decided to do a day hike this summer. And now the date is set! wahoo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter