April 2023 W.I.S.H.-Showers-Flowers and Health!

Today I am thankful for modern technology and the internet.

Yesterday I remembered my doctor wanted me to start doing leg exercises to build muscle mass... somehow this helps with blood sugar and bringing H1C numbers down. I was able to find some good routines with squats and lunges on YouTube. I've also been thinking about arm exercises with hand weights and found some good routines for that as well.

Today I have my monthly Zoom appointment with my Counselor and have things to talk about, something that wouldn't be possible without technology.

Living here and working remotely also wouldn't be possible. Heck, my job wouldn't even exists if not for technology.

Easy access to so much information (and the quality of that information) can be overwhelming, but there are so many positives as well... like connecting with all of you!

Thankful that I took today off and just was a tea drinking, Matrix watching blob. Thankful that was on TV--all three movies. I'm feeling a bit better. I think it helped!

Thankful that I didn't get a lot of texts from people at work!

Thankful for candles because the salmon we had for dinner has smelled up the house!

Thankful for freezers.

FNj39wMXoAEICM8.jpg

FRIDAY FREE FOR ALL

How has the week gone for you? Any big plans for the weekend?

It's been a good week for me, making progress in small steps and seeing small results. I had ordered some new tops in the size smaller than I have been wearing, thinking they would fit by the cruise, but they actually fit now and resolve the issue of loose baggy necklines and arms.

We've had three rather stormy days and it looks like it is going to continue thru the weekend, so I'm thinking there won't be any croquet played Sunday, which means I don't have to mow the lawn... well I really can't mow it when it so wet anyway, so mowing is off the Easter prep list. Yesterday the new rug I ordered for the dining room came, so I put it down and it looks great. I haven't had a dining room to set up my dining table up in for 20 years, so I'm excited to have everyone over and be able to sit at the table and eat.

Today will be vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom/kitchen and one last trip to the grocery store for Easter brunch stuff. My SIL and SIS are actually arriving Saturday and SIL is staying with me, so I want it to be a light day prep wise, just a few things here and there.

Happy Weekend everyone, and Happy Easter if you celebrate.

We don't have a lot planned for this weekend - I put my order in for groceries to make my dishes for Easter Celebrations, so I'll pick that up after work today and see what all I forgot to order lol!

We have a local store in our area called 3 Charming Chicks - they are only open one weekend a month and this is their weekend. My mom and I (sometimes my sister too) almost always go on Saturday mornings and then grab a quick lunch somewhere. I rarely eat lunch out, so it's a nice treat on those Saturdays.

It's such a relief to be on spring break. It was a particularly stressful week, getting report cards done, a late Wednesday meeting, plus an awful lot of nonsense that chips away at my emotional well-being. I had a terrible headache during the day, and it got much worse by the time I got home. A cocktail took the edge off.

Today, I did a lot of laundry including all of my bedding, and accomplished things that I've been too tired to deal with after a long day of school.

Spring cleaning, doctor's and dentist appointments will fill my week. Tomorrow, I will bake my lemon bars for Easter. We are going out to our favorite restaurant for brunch on Sunday after attending online or in-person church. I'm still feeling uncomfortable being in church, especially on a crowded holiday. I just love singing the
hymns, and I miss how church used to be for me. I sang in the choir. We attended weekly. It hasn't been the case since 2020.

Happy Easter or Happy Passover or Happy spring!

First off happy Easter, Passover, Eid al-Fitr and sprin equinox!

Today is Easter prep cooking day...I am very much a heat and serve type person so virtually all the food I am serving tomorrow can be made today. Last night I had a haircut and scheduled a pedi for late May to get my feet ready for summer, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with the maintenance from that point!

Services for my mom are Thursday and Friday and I am already dreading having to play therapist to a couple of my aunts. Not to be a jerk but I have my kids and myself to take care of...please handle your own feelings or talk to someone with less on their plate.

I booked a few days at Universal next summer and am waiting for wdw to release 2024 packages to add that on. If the last couple years have taught me anything it's don't wait to have fun and make memories while you can....your time to make them may be shorter than you anticipated.

Good morning, all!

Same here on the food prep plans for today. A bit of cleaning as well.

The Lego thing was really cool! I'm still recovering from the overstimulation of being in the city, on crowded trains, etc., though, so I'm hiding in my room right now avoiding real-time conversation. :laughing:

I need to make a list and get started soon.

First off happy Easter, Passover, Eid al-Fitr and sprin equinox!

Today is Easter prep cooking day...I am very much a heat and serve type person so virtually all the food I am serving tomorrow can be made today. Last night I had a haircut and scheduled a pedi for late May to get my feet ready for summer, hopefully I'll be able to keep up with the maintenance from that point!

Services for my mom are Thursday and Friday and I am already dreading having to play therapist to a couple of my aunts. Not to be a jerk but I have my kids and myself to take care of...please handle your own feelings or talk to someone with less on their plate.

I booked a few days at Universal next summer and am waiting for wdw to release 2024 packages to add that on. If the last couple years have taught me anything it's don't wait to have fun and make memories while you can....your time to make them may be shorter than you anticipated.
I hear you with trying to balance your own needs and play therapist to others. In these situations, I always think of the airplane emergency instructions to put your own air mask on first.

I'm pretty much ready, there are a couple more cleaning things I may do but if people started showing up right now I'd be fine with it. My menu is so simple that the only thing I'll be making today is a pineapple/cucumber salad... I think it might benefit from sitting over night. Tomorrow it is baking some biscuits (from a mix), making some bunny eared cinnamon rolls (from the pre-made rolls), sweet potato and sausage hash (pre-cut sweet potatoes) and scrambled eggs (which I've practiced and gotten quite good at). I'm proud of myself for not over doing it... but I have been thinking about it constantly for the past three weeks.

When my Sister gets here this afternoon we're going to go thru options for shore excursions for the cruise - woohoo!

Sounds like everyone is well prepared for Easter tomorrow-I would expect nothing less from this group 🐰💕

I did my cleaning and table set up yesterday and that went good. I believe I have all my groceries. I just made 11 baskets and DH and I stuffed 100 eggs. If it’s not in this house already it’s simply not going to be part of our Easter celebration LOL!

We went to Good Friday services last night which were beautiful.

Today I did a double dog walking shift at the SPCA-10 miles and 23,000 steps!!! The weather was beautiful and the dogs I had were delightful.

Happy Easter everyone enjoy your day tomorrow!!!

Had a busy day here as well. Pumped some more water off the pool cover, cleaned out the fridge and prepped some food for tomorrow, and generally picked up clutter.

Easter dinner is just going to be us and a friend of DS's whose mom has to work, but DH, DS, and I are stopping by the cemetery in the morning (2-year anniversary of BIL's passing) so I don't want to have a lot to do tomorrow for dinner.

I got all the baskets ready - had a window between DH leaving for a Lodge thing and DS getting home from work when I could spread things out. Then I wrapped and packed some birthday presents for my cousin's little boy, so I can drop that off at the post office on Monday. - I used balloons instead of packing peanuts 🎈🎁🎈 so I think he'll get a kick out of it.

7A2B7FA6-E118-4D57-872F-8BC37D3CEE94.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter