Anyone need pins to trade?

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
I was wondering if anyone would like to make a trade for some pins. We have a really big pin collection (all pins we have were traded from CMs) and like to get rid of more then half of them (Just don't trade much anymore). Start a conversation (PM) with me if you are interested in trading something for my pins. I can trade for small or large batches.

Do you have some ideas of what you would or would not consider for a 'trade?' Just so I have an idea where to start when PMing you :-D Very interested!

I was wondering if anyone would like to make a trade for some pins. We have a really big pin collection (all pins we have were traded from CMs) and like to get rid of more then half of them (Just don't trade much anymore). Start a conversation (PM) with me if you are interested in trading something for my pins. I can trade for small or large batches.

Don't take this as a challenge, I have no idea how trading pins works....

If all pins you have were traded from CMs, where did you get the pins you gave in trade? Or do they take sunglasses and pocket lint in trade? :santa:

I am so terrible at giving ideas for trades. :sad2: The last time I traded I got two hoodies for DS the other DISers son out grew.

Well we have a DS(6) who loves Disney, into blind bags and surprise eggs (loves watching them on YouTube.) He is starting to get into board/interactive games.

I like nail polishes and decals or anything I can use to decorate my magicbands.

DH likes Atlantic city and going out to eat. :goodvibes

It's not a challenge, lol. I am asking because I have no idea what to offer her in trade.

Trading pins is fairly straight forward. You buy the pins in the parks and then you can trade them to CMs or other guests. There are also pin boards scattered through the parks that you can trade off of a few times a day.

Until recently, I advocated going on to Ebay and buying the lots of pins for sale up there for cheap, and then trading them in the park. I have since reversed my views after the last time I did it because I read that people selling those lots are often selling counterfits. I ordered one more lot to see, and sure enough out of the 100 that were shipped to me, a full 39 were blatant counterfit and another 25 were suspect but I was not nearly expert enough to tell for sure. I mean, things like mispellings of the words "Made in China" on the back or completely missing the Disney seal. It seems pretty wrong to order counterfits and then trade them as real with unsuspecting people and cast members, diluting the pool of authentic pins.

There is one website I found where a person sells lots that she goes through and personally ensures that each one sold is genuine. Those go for about $3/pin. Still better than the $5-$20 per pin you pay in the park. My tip is to pick a few up ahead of time for cheaper (but making sure they are legit...STAY OFF EBAY) or buying a starter pack from the Park which has a few generic pins for less and going from there. CMs with pins are required to trade with you.

Hope this helps! I enjoy pin trading. If you do it, don't try to 'collect them all' because you physically cannot. I pick a few of my favorite characters or themes and try to seek out pins that fit (Muppets, Tigger, etc.). There are a lot of cute ones out there.

I am so terrible at giving ideas for trades. :sad2: The last time I traded I got two hoodies for DS the other DISers son out grew.

Well we have a DS(6) who loves Disney, into blind bags and surprise eggs (loves watching them on YouTube.) He is starting to get into board/interactive games.

I like nail polishes and decals or anything I can use to decorate my magicbands.

DH likes Atlantic city and going out to eat. :goodvibes

If your vacation countdown is correct, I think we'll be at WDW at the same time, lol. We are going in mid-May.

@ArielRae
have you checked on pin pics http://www.pinpics.com/index1.php that the pins you are offering to trade are not scrappers or counterfeit?

Once you have checked, then it would be a good idea to put what you have in groups, ie by character or holiday or attraction. That way if people are looking for specific pins they can easily see if you have something they are interested in

@ArielRae
have you checked on pin pics http://www.pinpics.com/index1.php that the pins you are offering to trade are not scrappers or counterfeit

We have not checked our pins. We trade out of enjoyment of picking what we like off the CMs lanyard. Not by if they are scrappers or not. If we like it we trade for it. So no I can not guarantee that I don't have any scrappers.

Last edited:
If all pins you have were traded from CMs, where did you get the pins you gave in trade? Or do they take sunglasses and pocket lint in trade? :santa:

We have got some of our pins from Mousepinsonline (over 8rs ago) and from trading other DISers like I am doing here.

I figured I would offer my pins here before I lost them on Craigslist. eBay cost to much with their fees now. :sad2:

We have not checked our pins. We trade out of enjoyment of picking what we like off the CMs lanyard. Not by if they are scrappers or not. If we like it we trade for it.

if you are offering pins to trade then its just good etiquette to make sure they are not scrappers. Just because they were traded with CMs does not mean they are all genuine. For example there is a trading / exchangers section here on DIS http://disboards.com/forums/exchanges.134/ and for pin trading with members here on DIS these are the guidelines for taking part

Pin Trading Etiquette

•The main criteria to judge whether a pin is tradable or not is that it must be a metal pin bearing a “©Disney”mark on the back that represents a Disney Event, Place or Location, Character or Icon.
•Pins should be in good, undamaged, tradable condition.
•Pins from other business units of The Walt Disney Company (i.e.ABC, ESPN) are accepted for trade.
•Operating participant pins that show a Disney, Disneyland®Resort, or Walt Disney World®Resort affiliation are accepted for trading.
•Plastic pins, rubber pins or other non-metal pins are not accepted for trading.
•“Personalized Name”pins are not accepted for trade.
•“Broche style”or “clasp pins”are not accepted for trade.

I didn't know there was a pin trading thread. I followed your link and couldn't find an active pin trading thread. I only saw an old Christmas one.

I am offering pins you don't care to keep just trade with CMs pins like we had been doing.

If no one is interested cause you don't know the quality of the pins I understand and will just sell them instead of trade them here. I am not trying to deceive anyone just trying to thin down our collection and figured asking here was the best place to start.

@ArielRae
can you at least give us an idea of what pins you have to trade, characters, attractions , holidays, hidden Mickey series etc. Most traders collect a specific theme

I trust you are operating in good faith. Some people come off as abrasive when trying to inform.

Sent you a PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter