Airmiles Armchair Chatter

perhaps discussed here already, but too many pages I do not want to scroll through.

I applied for the Airmiles World Elite M/C from BMO. It does have a restriction based on your income and a yearly fee of $120.

We received 1000 airmiles after our first purchase and another 2000 airmiles after spending $3000 in the first 3 months. My son needed his wisdom teeth pulled, so $1800 in spending was already accounted for. With groceries, gas and restaurant visits we reach our goal in 6 weeks.

I will be cancelling the card in about 6 months ( as I already have the card) and then wait for another special to be offered. I have done the same thing for American Express.

VERY fast way to accumulate miles and not spend lots of $$

Thanks for this! I have been debating doing this and had that as my backup plan in case I wasn't able to accumulate them quite fast enough!! I am glad this worked out for you and I may even try it for a future trip as free tickets are definitely something I could get used to!

For my parents' account, I am only 280 AM away from an adult pass and my account is 330 AM from a kids' pass, so I am hoping to get at least half of that this week with the Sobeys promotions posted (and my loaded offers), so can hopefully avoid the new credit card this time.

Congrats pigletto!! I am sure you must be super-excited to hit "order" for that ticket!!

I should add that I give out spare airmiles cards to my parents and kids...so they can collect for us when they get groceries, gas, etc. too

Pigletto, I know it may be hard to tell but let me know when your Peperidge Farm bonus miles show up in your account. I know it may be another week or two but mine haven't shown up yet and if they don't when you have received yours I will be back to the store asking for them to be added manually. My AM all went well this week at Sobey's too. I picked up the 50 AM meal on the back of the flyer, they were out of the apples but allowed me to substitute another type of apple and manually added the AM.
Ok so something has posted. I was waiting for 170 airmiles from my Sobey's shop last Saturday, and 100 airmiles from the Pepperidge Farm offer. 250 of the 270 have posted. Hopefully 20 more post today or I will do an inquiry.

I am now 3 airmiles short for the ticket I need. !

Thanks. I had a survey in my inbox this morning for 12 points so hopefully those post quickly.
I am going to keep collecting like crazy because I have a secret plan up my sleeve. Dh and I have just started discussing driving down, getting something cheap through Skyauction, and saving as many airmiles as we can to get to at least two Universal Passes. If we can do this we can easily keep a second trip under $3000 CAD and we will surprise the kids. We are hoping October, but maybe December.

That is amazing, yay for getting there! I just got enough last night to get the kid's pass I needed and am 66 short for the last adult ticket, so will go to Metro for their promotion this weekend (spend $100, get 60AM) and as I desperately need some fresh fruit and other essentials, that should be good.

I went to Sobeys and there were issues with 3 different loaded offers, but called this morning, talked to a person in less than 5 minutes and all 3 (totaling 125 AM were credited and should appear in 7-10 days).

I am having a really rough few weeks, with sick family, car issues and we just had to put our cat down last night, so I am really trying to think about good things (like Disney!!), and how wonderful it will be to have the dedicated time with our kids, so thank you all for helping me escape and compartmentalize a bit so that I can make it out the other side.

Yay for Disney and bigger yay for Free Disney and surprise trips!!

That is amazing, yay for getting there! I just got enough last night to get the kid's pass I needed and am 66 short for the last adult ticket, so will go to Metro for their promotion this weekend (spend $100, get 60AM) and as I desperately need some fresh fruit and other essentials, that should be good.

I went to Sobeys and there were issues with 3 different loaded offers, but called this morning, talked to a person in less than 5 minutes and all 3 (totaling 125 AM were credited and should appear in 7-10 days).

I am having a really rough few weeks, with sick family, car issues and we just had to put our cat down last night, so I am really trying to think about good things (like Disney!!), and how wonderful it will be to have the dedicated time with our kids, so thank you all for helping me escape and compartmentalize a bit so that I can make it out the other side.

:hug: Everything seems to hit all at once doesn't it? You have a wonderful vacay on the horizon...that will get you though. The planning is a great, fun distraction.

Something else ended up posting today so I just ordered my ticket a few minutes ago!!
I'm sorry you are having such a rough go of it the last few weeks and I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I do exactly as you do, and plan these trips to keep me going through the not so pleasant days. I hope things get better for you soon.:hug:

Thank you all so much! I appreciate being able to talk about some personal stuff as I am still figuring out how to process this all.

So thank you for sharing happy news pigletto! I am sure you will be telling us all about getting enough for your next US fall tickets soon!

Glad you are all getting your tickets. I was happy when we were able to cash ours in for our upcoming trip in March. Better to get them as soon as you reach the point level as they have been increasing the amount needed often. Not sure if its because of the dollar or just that Disney has raised their prices or both.
We have tailed off collecting since we reached our goal. But with some of the big offers out there for CC sign ups, we might play that game for a while.

Thanks Pigletto, my Pepperidge farm and extra bonus didn't come through yet. My shopping from last week showed up no problem. I'm off to Sobey's tomorrow so I'll bring it to their attention then and get them to credit my account.

Rexall has a good deal this weekend. Spend $15 on cosmetics get 30AM.

40 free air miles if you sign up for mylcbo.com (probably limited to Ontario)

https://mylcbo.com/

That's a good deal. Last fall I only got 30AM for signing up. They send very few emails easy to delete. The AM take a little while to come through though (for anyone in a hurry). I wonder if I could sign up again using another email address??:ssst:

I was thinking about it as I fell asleep last night. They ask for your airmiles card # to give you the airmiles and that # is unique. Now if I had two airmiles accounts:ssst:

I'm loving how long this thread is going! Amazing that so many of us are helping each other out on our crazy quests hee-hee. You've all joined what our kids call "the dark side of Airmiles" Our son calls me the Airmiles --it appears I used an unacceptable Disword here ... he calls me a women who will sell her body :P ---"mom i swear you'd sell your right arm if you got bonus airmiles" Inwardly i just giggle because I KNOW how much i can earn for basically a little flyer reading and planning! It does help that our bed is elevated so we can stash upwards of 10 things of toilet paper and gazillion kleenex.... OH to say nothing of our "second grocery store" in the laundry room. I don't buy things i don't need but i do stock up on non-perishables and if I'm close to one of those big bonuses at Metro i will buy one or two of the food bank bags!

Last edited:
Lol Donald-my hero! I know what you are talking about! I refer to it as the slippery slope to extreme couponing (no offense intended to anyone who does extreme coupon, I know you can save a ton that way!) I have a non-perishables to support a natural disaster (and tp to match) in the basement! As soon as I get my levels, I think I will take a little breather to eat down the basement and the freezer, then may try again when we are a little less well-stocked.

I also just signed up for mylcbo, but only 30 AM. As I have both my account and my parents' I did it twice, but good to know that it takes a while for them to show up. I am going to get a bunch at Metro this weekend and am hoping that enough will show by the end of the month to order the cards then.

Thanks all-you are fabulous and this is a great way of supporting our Disney addictions!

I spent $105 at Safeway today and got 353 AM. They had the bonus 100 when you spend 100 plus bonus on cereals, some vh items, so I stocked up. I'm starting to check their flyers a lot more closely. Usually it's hard for me to get to $100 there, but they started dropping their prices on some basic items since they were bought out by Sobey's, so I'm hoping I will be able to start collecting there again!

There's an event for work that needs to be put on a credit card - about $3000 so I happily volunteered to use mine and submt for reimbursement so that's an extra 300 AM spending zero of my own dollars!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter