Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I was just perusing the T&Cs of Shell's Air Miles program and it seems to only exclude Shell gift cards. Does that mean you can earn AMs on purchasing other gift cards in store? And if so, does anybody know what kind of gift cards they sell? (In particular, do they sell prepaid VISAs and would that count)? Just thinking this might be a way to earn AMs at Shell on the purchase of the GC, and then use that GC for my every-day life? And then in particular use that GC at Metro and earn extra AM on top?

(And I know I can look, and I will look next time I'm at a Shell, but I just so rarely actually go in-store as I always pay at the pump!)

Just as a heads up the Visa GC's have an activation fee. The more $$$ the gift card is the higher the fee. I got both my nephews $25ea and the fee was $3.95-ish each. Next year will just get them a direct store GC.

They list the activation fees on the packaging so you can see how much it is ahead of time.

I was just perusing the T&Cs of Shell's Air Miles program and it seems to only exclude Shell gift cards. Does that mean you can earn AMs on purchasing other gift cards in store? And if so, does anybody know what kind of gift cards they sell? (In particular, do they sell prepaid VISAs and would that count)? Just thinking this might be a way to earn AMs at Shell on the purchase of the GC, and then use that GC for my every-day life? And then in particular use that GC at Metro and earn extra AM on top?
Can't say they have Visa GC's but they do have the carousel with many different cards just like the grocery stores.....at least my Shell does, it's a large new station. I would suggest buying a card to see if you get the AM. Shell posts miles very quickly. Often they have a deal that if you buy gas and make an in store purchase you get bonus AM. When they have that deal I buy the minimum amount of gas and then go in and buy Telus prepaid cards.

Thanks! I had forgotten about the activation fee. Given there's a 10 mile limit per transaction, you could only get a $100 visa card per transaction, which costs $106, so you'd essentially be paying $0.60/AM, which obviously isn't a good deal. However, I will definitely be doing this when they have one of their 10X in-store purchases promotions.

In the meantime, they did have a good selection. Amazon, some restaurants, etc., so I bought an Amazon to check, and my receipt did say that I got 5 AM from the purcahse.

Just looked at the Sobeys flyer on-line (love how i can set the filter and see the airmiles features highlighted!!) and saw this ... we don't use this sort of thing but maybe someone does!!
Keurig 2.0 K200 Brewing System
$89.99each. BUY 1 EARN +75 AIR MILES® reward miles

Ooh, it's a good flyer this week! I don't like coffee, so not buying that but just buying my regular grocery list looks like I can rack up about 130 points this weekend! Thanks!

Just a reminder to anyone shopping at Sobey's. Keep and eye on the airmiles you should be awarded and those that are on the bottom of the receipt. I was at Sobey's this morning and I was 100 airmiles short on my receipt. One was a store error. They gave me the 25 airmiles at the courtesy desk. The other two were special promotions (Pepperidge Farm/Campbells Soup and one sent to my email). They said those should show up in a couple of weeks. I took a copy of the ads in question and will keep an eye on things until they come through to my airmiles account. All in all i racked up 195 airmiles today.

Our flyer shows an offer for certain Pepperidge Farm and Campbells products. It's spend $20 get 50 airmiles. That's a pretty good return so I'm going to go a few times, stock up on the stuff we use and get 150 points. However it says the offer has been valid since Jan 2nd and it's the first I am seeing it. It expires on the 18th of February.

pigletto, If you go to get that deal can you post back here and let me know if your Airmiles showed up on your receipt immediately. That was one of the three issues I had yesterday and I'm hesitant to get some more until the Airmiles are there.

pigletto, If you go to get that deal can you post back here and let me know if your Airmiles showed up on your receipt immediately. That was one of the three issues I had yesterday and I'm hesitant to get some more until the Airmiles are there.
Sure thing! I am going in a few minutes. I am still waiting on 50 points from last Sunday for a Sobeys bonus purchase. They were on the receipt when I left, but I threw out the receipt. I should know better.
I'll report back on this Pepperidge/Campbells bonus shortly. :)

Pigletto, just so you know in case you're not aware. Sobey's collects all purchases (Sunday - Saturday). They send the #'s off to Airmiles at the end of business on Saturday. Mine get posted to my Airmiles account on Thursday. So a purchase made Jan 31 - Feb 6 wouldn't show up until Feb 11 or so. At least that has been my experience. I've been tracking my purchases and when they get posted to my account since I got serious about collecting. I'm a person on a mission and my old accounting habits die hard.

Pigletto, just so you know in case you're not aware. Sobey's collects all purchases (Sunday - Saturday). They send the #'s off to Airmiles at the end of business on Saturday. Mine get posted to my Airmiles account on Thursday. So a purchase made Jan 31 - Feb 6 wouldn't show up until Feb 11 or so. At least that has been my experience. I've been tracking my purchases and when they get posted to my account since I got serious about collecting. I'm a person on a mission and my old accounting habits die hard.
Thank you. That makes perfect sense because my Saturday miles from last weekend posted, but not the Sunday ones.
Today was such a hassle.:headache:
I did the Pepperidge/Campbells offer twice, but had my husband run the second one in a separate transaction just in case it had to be on separate receipts. The points from these offers did NOT post. I spoke with the cashier and she said the points would post at the end of the promotion (Feb 18th).

But then I got to the car and released they had overcharged me on the Pace Salsa. I had to go in and clear that up. It was an expired tag on the shelf showing a sale price, but they credited me the difference and I asked for the scanning code of practice and got one free.
Then we got home and I realized I had bought 2 packages of hormone/nitrate free hotdogs to try because they had 40 airmiles. I had been too busy with the other mistakes in the store to realize those 40 hadn't posted. Dh volunteered to go back because I was pretty tired and cranky at that point. It was another expired promo tag apparently, and the girl said the only person who could adjust the miles wasn't in. She had dh leave his phone number and said she will call and "might or might not" reward the points. Hmmm.. thanks for clearing that up.:rolleyes:
I'd let it go, but it was a purchase I wouldn't have made today otherwise and at this point it's the principal of the thing. I want my points and I want that store to start paying more attention. There is a mistake every single time I am in there.

I so hear your frustration. I swear the store Manager at the one I go to starts running the other way when I come in. This past week they had a display for Meatball subs. All the products were in the refrigerator display. I picked up one of each thing required. My airmiles didn't come through on my receipt. Off to customer service I go. She looked at my receipt and said I didn't get the correct size of cheese package. I told her I took what was in the display. The store manager told her to give me my airmiles and went to correct the display. Earlier in the week another promotion they were out of radishes. Spoke with produce, he had ordered them but they didn't arrive. They eventually called the store manager and I asked him what we could do to substitute something for them. Again he told customer service to just give me the airmiles.

Per your situation with the expired tag, I've had them add those as well manually to my total. It may take the store manager to give their approval though. I find there are fewer errors if you shop later in the week as others have pointed them out and they have been corrected. Personally I like shopping on Friday's so with a little extra work I sometimes get bonuses I hadn't planned on.

Thanks for the info about the Pepperidge Farm Promo. I won't worry till the 25th.

I so hear your frustration. I swear the store Manager at the one I go to starts running the other way when I come in. This past week they had a display for Meatball subs. All the products were in the refrigerator display. I picked up one of each thing required. My airmiles didn't come through on my receipt. Off to customer service I go. She looked at my receipt and said I didn't get the correct size of cheese package. I told her I took what was in the display. The store manager told her to give me my airmiles and went to correct the display. Earlier in the week another promotion they were out of radishes. Spoke with produce, he had ordered them but they didn't arrive. They eventually called the store manager and I asked him what we could do to substitute something for them. Again he told customer service to just give me the airmiles.

Per your situation with the expired tag, I've had them add those as well manually to my total. It may take the store manager to give their approval though. I find there are fewer errors if you shop later in the week as others have pointed them out and they have been corrected. Personally I like shopping on Friday's so with a little extra work I sometimes get bonuses I hadn't planned on.

Thanks for the info about the Pepperidge Farm Promo. I won't worry till the 25th.

Good Grief.. Our store was out of the radishes for that promo last week too. The second store I tried had them. It was a lot of work for radishes that I had to force everyone to eat this week.:rotfl:

Same here for the radishes. I found one package somewhere random in the store and got the bonus. My mom was looking to do the same, so she was able to substitute. This week's flyer doesn't look great for us, but will stock up on the $20 for 50 AM promo...

I got that radish promo too! But they had a recipe for them in the summer where they were roasted and omg they are so yummy that way. So I did that. I won't be going for my groceries until Wednesday (pay day ha ha) so will be looking for some of these promos. Thanks :)

I got that radish promo too! But they had a recipe for them in the summer where they were roasted and omg they are so yummy that way. So I did that. I won't be going for my groceries until Wednesday (pay day ha ha) so will be looking for some of these promos. Thanks :)
Sounds delicious! Can you post the link to the recipe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter