Airmiles Armchair Chatter

There's an event for work that needs to be put on a credit card - about $3000 so I happily volunteered to use mine and submt for reimbursement so that's an extra 300 AM spending zero of my own dollars!
I do that all the time. My DD's dance company often needs someone to go shopping for items for a group or the whole team.

For Bacon lovers, Sobey's Ontario this week has Maple Leaf bacon at $3 per package (454g I think). When you buy 3 you get a Ready Crisp bacon for free plus 30AM. The Ready Crisp bacon coupon (on the package) must be used at the cash to get it for free. There are several other coupons on the package as well. One is for $2.50 off a Maple Leaf bacon ($3.00-2.50) 50 cents for a pound of bacon.

http://www.sobeys.com/en/recipes/mustard-glazed-salmon-with-roasted-radishes-snow-peas/?f=768 I don't add the snowpeas, though I do steam some separately when I have them.

Thanks hdrolfe, I made the radishes last night with the last ones I had in my fridge and they were great, although I may have put a bit too much pepper on them, as it didn't look like much so I sprinkled more on top, which may have been a bit excessive, but still very yummy! Now to find out what to do with the kale I bought for the bonus 50 AM.... I don't like it in salad, so going to try a cooked version or something else to hide it!!

Thanks hdrolfe, I made the radishes last night with the last ones I had in my fridge and they were great, although I may have put a bit too much pepper on them, as it didn't look like much so I sprinkled more on top, which may have been a bit excessive, but still very yummy! Now to find out what to do with the kale I bought for the bonus 50 AM.... I don't like it in salad, so going to try a cooked version or something else to hide it!!
OH nos, I fear for you now dizzydis, you've fallen down the rabbit hole of "because it has airmiles i might learn to like it" I never buy stuff with that in mind (anymore that is :P )

If you want to put Kale in a salad you have to massage it a bit to break it down then mix it with another kind of lettuce. You can saute Kale with a little olive oil and garlic. You can also make Kale chips in the oven...google that and you will get dozens of recipes.

I like Kale Chips :) sautéed is good too.

And I was surprised how much I liked the roasted radishes! I want to plant them in my garden now... and I actually look for them in the store! Crazy :)

When we got to the till at Metro on Sunday i was slightly annoyed that we would be about $12 short for the 100.00 mark BUT we did crack 90 so we got the 60AM for $80 PLUS i had a coupon for 40 AM if we spent over $80. What was annoying was that i KNEW we needed a few things that would easily push it over... BUT wait.. i took the coupon i got from Rexall for 80 AM if i spent $50 and bought all the same things i FORGOT to buy at Metro and made 84 AM ... so i actually made a chunk more for forgetting to pick up those last 3 things on Sunday .. GO ME

When we got to the till at Metro on Sunday i was slightly annoyed that we would be about $12 short for the 100.00 mark BUT we did crack 90 so we got the 60AM for $80 PLUS i had a coupon for 40 AM if we spent over $80. What was annoying was that i KNEW we needed a few things that would easily push it over... BUT wait.. i took the coupon i got from Rexall for 80 AM if i spent $50 and bought all the same things i FORGOT to buy at Metro and made 84 AM ... so i actually made a chunk more for forgetting to pick up those last 3 things on Sunday .. GO ME

Yay for forgetfulness!! I knew it had to finally pay off someday!! I am now aggravated by how long it is taking both Metro and Sobeys AM to post. I am close enough that I think if either posted I would be close, but they just aren't coming up yet! I know others have said Thursday is often the day they have seen Sobeys posted, so I am now just impatiently waiting....

Yay for forgetfulness!! I knew it had to finally pay off someday!! I am now aggravated by how long it is taking both Metro and Sobeys AM to post. I am close enough that I think if either posted I would be close, but they just aren't coming up yet! I know others have said Thursday is often the day they have seen Sobeys posted, so I am now just impatiently waiting....
My Sobey's points always post Thursday's. I was in the same place as you last week. Some were there when I woke up, others came later in the day.

Oh and just an FYI. I ordered my Disney ticket from airmiles on the 18th and it was delivered today. So very quick turn around time in Ontario. :)
As long as it's not Christmas time they have always been 2-3 business days from the time I ordered to being delivered at my house. Now Christmas that's a whole other animal. It can take 4-6 weeks.

As long as it's not Christmas time they have always been 2-3 business days from the time I ordered to being delivered at my house. Now Christmas that's a whole other animal. It can take 4-6 weeks.
That's good to know, thanks. I am collecting now for a December trip. So I will have to give myself a shorter deadline so I can order them in plenty of time.

Pigletto, I posted this on another thread. Was your ticket and RFID credit card style ticket or just a number you can add to MDE?

How long does it take for points to show up? I subscribed to the Rona & LCBO newsletters as well as shopped at Sobey's and don't see those points showing up. I need some Disney tickets! lol

How long does it take for points to show up? I subscribed to the Rona & LCBO newsletters as well as shopped at Sobey's and don't see those points showing up. I need some Disney tickets! lol
They are all different. Sobey's post on Thurday's for me, unless it was a bonus points promo like the Pepperidge Farms one that had a specific end date. Then I had to wait until the promo was over. The LCBO one was quite awhile if I recall correctly (I did it last year). Rexall is FAST and I almost always have those points the next day. Shell can take a long time.

One tip I have is to keep receipts and write down what you are expecting in a little notebook. Some of the airmilesshops.ca promos can take months and months and if I didn't write them down I would forget for sure.

Pigletto, I posted this on another thread. Was your ticket and RFID credit card style ticket or just a number you can add to MDE?

I can reply to this one Ottawamom, I just got mine and it was an RFID credit card style (exactly the same as one I had bought through CAA a few years ago) and was able to enter the number on MDE without any problem. Incidentally, I actually added it to my husband instead of me (for a bunch of reasons relating to FP+) and no issue with it not being the AM cardholder, which is a problem with Aeroplan, I think.

And argh! My Sobeys from last Wednesday (the 17) still haven't shown up, but my Metro from the 20 did. Will check throughout the day since pigletto said some appear throughout the day.

And yay pigletto on getting your cards!! It is awesome to have them right in your hands :)

Sorry I just saw this. I don't know yet because I missed the delivery and it's waiting at the post office. I'm going to try to swing by there this afternoon or tomorrow.

I can reply to this one Ottawamom, I just got mine and it was an RFID credit card style (exactly the same as one I had bought through CAA a few years ago) and was able to enter the number on MDE without any problem. Incidentally, I actually added it to my husband instead of me (for a bunch of reasons relating to FP+) and no issue with it not being the AM cardholder, which is a problem with Aeroplan, I think.

And argh! My Sobeys from last Wednesday (the 17) still haven't shown up, but my Metro from the 20 did. Will check throughout the day since pigletto said some appear throughout the day.

And yay pigletto on getting your cards!! It is awesome to have them right in your hands :)
My Sobey's from last Saturday aren't posted yet either. I am pretty sure they will be by the end of the day :)

Just a reminder for anyone waiting for Metro or Sobey's AM. Both stores accumulate your AM (Sunday to Saturday) each week. They then send them off to Airmiles and it usually takes until sometime Thursday for them to show up. This holds true for AM earned from little blue tickets on the store shelf. As Pigletto said other promotions can take much longer to show up. I'm still waiting for my Pepperidge Farms to show up and they won't reissue them until I have waited for two weeks after the end of the promotion.

As an example Airmiles earned Feb 14-Feb 20 should show up in your account sometime today maybe even tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter