Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Wahoo!! Celebration time over here! My Sobeys showed up today (Friday), for my last week's transactions (including the ones I had to call about), so now have enough for both the adult and child tickets I needed, so they are now ordered!! I can't wait!! And then I think we are telling the kids about our trip in the next 2 weeks, so it will be perfect! :)

Wahoo!! Celebration time over here! My Sobeys showed up today (Friday), for my last week's transactions (including the ones I had to call about), so now have enough for both the adult and child tickets I needed, so they are now ordered!! I can't wait!! And then I think we are telling the kids about our trip in the next 2 weeks, so it will be perfect! :)
Congratulations!!!! It's a great feeling isn't it? I can't wait to hear how your kids reacted to the surprise! :)

My points posted really late last night. I was able to go pick up my Disney ticket from the post office yesterday, and bought the other 3 I needed from Air Canada Vacations yesterday as well! I love it when everything starts coming together!

Ordered two 5 day passes with AM. Sad to see my balance go down but happy I don't have to pay US funds for them! :thumbsup2 We are planning a Dec trip. I'm about 1500 away from a 3rd ticket so will get that within the next couple of months I'm sure, and hoping for some great Safeway bonus AM to rack up a lot in the next few months.

I hope this will be my last AM related question. My friend used her AM to get our flights. She has a lot which are going to expire at the end of the year. I am planning on doing my usual shopping but using her AM card to pay back the AM. I know I will have to sign up with Sobey's and Rexall using her email address and AM card to get all the wonderful bonuses. Has anyone else done this before? Or am I getting into questionable territory?

Not sure why you need to up with Sobey's and Rexall using her email address and AM card to get all the wonderful bonuses....just have her give you a spare AM card with her info on it....that way all your purchases have the AM transferred to her account.....am I missing something here ?

If you sign up with a store (Sobeys, Rexall etc) they will send you personalized bonus mile offers. These are catered to the way you shop and you just need to log in each week and load them (Sobey's) then when you check out they are automatically added to your total. These bonus miles are in addition to the ones offered in the flyer and on the store shelf.

If you sign up with a store (Sobeys, Rexall etc) they will send you personalized bonus mile offers. These are catered to the way you shop and you just need to log in each week and load them (Sobey's) then when you check out they are automatically added to your total. These bonus miles are in addition to the ones offered in the flyer and on the store shelf.
Yes, when I did that in order to rack up points on both my and my parents' card, I signed up with my email address for Metro and Sobeys. For Sobeys, I would just have to log in each week using the other AM card number to print the coupons for that account, but for Metro, I did get the emails sent to me, which I would then print off. In case you do use both cards in order to tap into the best offers on each, I would just make sure I wrote which card they were for in big letters across the top of the print-outs so I knew which card to use for the purchase.

That said, there were some, like on the Rexall receipt and many of the online ones, which weren't card-specific, so I could choose which card to use them for. Similarly, Metro coupons I got by snail mail weren't account-specific.

BIG NEWS FELLOW AIRMILES CRAZY PEOPLE. Sobeys has purchase $200 Sobey's gift card get 100AM on this coming week. If you want a $100 gift card you'll get 45AM. I've been waiting since October for this one to come back. I think I'll stock up on a few. I'm going to spend it eventually anyway.

The other thing I found out from the cashier at Rexall today is that when you purchase anything on a Friday and swipe your Airmiles card you get a coupon at the bottom of your receipt for spend $30 get 50AM. I knew the coupon existed I just hadn't figured out when and why it showed up. Now that I know this I will be sure to stop in for milk each Friday.

BIG NEWS FELLOW AIRMILES CRAZY PEOPLE. Sobeys has purchase $200 Sobey's gift card get 100AM on this coming week. If you want a $100 gift card you'll get 45AM. I've been waiting since October for this one to come back. I think I'll stock up on a few. I'm going to spend it eventually anyway.

The other thing I found out from the cashier at Rexall today is that when you purchase anything on a Friday and swipe your Airmiles card you get a coupon at the bottom of your receipt for spend $30 get 50AM. I knew the coupon existed I just hadn't figured out when and why it showed up. Now that I know this I will be sure to stop in for milk each Friday.
Fantastic news on both points! I will start grabbing milk on Fridays as well, and I will pick up at least one Sobeys gift card this weekend for this months groceries.

Oh, Sobey's! I wish there was one closer to me... I'll definitely make the trek for that GC though!

For the Rexall coupon, I usually get them in my email... This one is good until tomorrow. See if this link works:
https://squ.airmiles.ca/Rexall_Coupons/index.php/GetCoupon?id=3f18d51495bd0dba85cd18c3c264f82a

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.5 KB · Views: 0
I always go for those gift cards deals. You're going to spend it eventually anyways.

Oh, Sobey's! I wish there was one closer to me... I'll definitely make the trek for that GC though!

For the Rexall coupon, I usually get them in my email... This one is good until tomorrow. See if this link works:
https://squ.airmiles.ca/Rexall_Coupons/index.php/GetCoupon?id=3f18d51495bd0dba85cd18c3c264f82a

Thanks the link did work. When I was in the store and asked the cashier about the coupon she told me to go and find more stuff. She had the coupon behind the counter and would use it providing I got up over $30.

I used to get coupons via email but I don't seem to get them anymore. Don't know what I said to make them stop coming.

Thanks the link did work. When I was in the store and asked the cashier about the coupon she told me to go and find more stuff. She had the coupon behind the counter and would use it providing I got up over $30.

I used to get coupons via email but I don't seem to get them anymore. Don't know what I said to make them stop coming.

Same exact thing with me. Maybe we need to register again.

My hubby is NOT going to be a happy camper when he sees this news about Rexall ... he's a real stickler for keeping Canadian companies owned by Canadians

Thanks ottawamom! I have eased off the AM push right now, but am still going to take advantage of these fabulous deals when they come up! And if I am correct, I think you could then earn AM when you use the card, right? So double dipping all around!

Sad news about Rexall, I am with your hubby, Jacqueline, as we like supporting Canadian owned where we can and prefer some of our companies stay domestic!!

Btw, has anyone checked their personal Sobeys offers lately? I just checked and have one to get 75AM if I spend $100 (expiring tomorrow), so I think that if I buy a $200GC tomorrow, I will actually get 175AM between the 2. That sounds pretty good to me! :)

Thanks ottawamom! I have eased off the AM push right now, but am still going to take advantage of these fabulous deals when they come up! And if I am correct, I think you could then earn AM when you use the card, right? So double dipping all around!

You got it. I plan on getting several cards tomorrow and using them over the next few months to get my groceries and more AM. Note: If purchasing more than one card you will need to do them in separate transactions to maximize your AM (ie. if you buy one card for $400 you will only get 100AM, two transactions of $200 you get 200AM). Apparently its also OK to put the gift card transaction on your credit card so more AM. (per customer service at the store this morning)

Btw, has anyone checked their personal Sobeys offers lately? I just checked and have one to get 75AM if I spend $100 (expiring tomorrow), so I think that if I buy a $200GC tomorrow, I will actually get 175AM between the 2. That sounds pretty good to me! :)

Your Gift Card purchase likely won't count towards your $100 spend. You might get lucky, but I've been told that's not allowed. Report back and let us know if it works

Happy shopping everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter