4 Planned FastPass+ Test Happening Now!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've often wondered about that - the wait times they report are submitted by volunteers? So a volunteer reports at 9:30am that they waited in line for 45 minutes. Which means they got in line at 8:45am. But the posted wait time at 9:30am could be 60 minutes and could actually be correct for anyone who gets in line at 9:30? And that could have been what OP saw and reported?

I think these wait times are a lot like taking a picture of highway traffic. One picture can show very few cars and another picture taken minutes later can show bumper to bumper traffic. Both pictures were correct at the time they were taken.

Touring Plans does field reported wait times from subscribers, but on the lines app itself they list posted wait times and, as I said in my post above, those always seem to match up with what is on MDE.

Touring Plans does field reported wait times from subscribers, but on the lines app itself they list posted wait times and, as I said in my post above, those always seem to match up with what is on MDE.

I understand that, but that's not what I was referring to.

In party season I definitely would have preferred just having more prebooked. The short hours combined with the party nights made 4th FP+ more difficult. The initial 3 needed to be used earlier in the day than we had bargained for and by the time we could go to kiosks, there was nothing left. If it were possible to have 4 then, that would have been nice.

We had the same problem. I also think a lot of people with MNSSHP tickets book up the 4pm-7pm fast passes.

In party season I definitely would have preferred just having more prebooked. The short hours combined with the party nights made 4th FP+ more difficult. The initial 3 needed to be used earlier in the day than we had bargained for and by the time we could go to kiosks, there was nothing left. If it were possible to have 4 then, that would have been nice.

I agree. And if they add a 4th prebooked as standard, that will make them even harder to come by. That would make the 60 day onsite booking advantage even more important.

Thank you for everyone's nice notes. Here back at MK. My husband and son just arrived.
Little back story. Not our first rodeo.

My 13 year old just said this is her 13th visit. This includes about half Disneyland & once at Disney Paris.

Right now 4/1/15 at 7:30 wait time for 7 Dwarfs 280 minutes.
I tried to post this earlier. I think the ride must have gone down for a while? When we left at 12:30 was still showing 90 minute waits for that & the Ice sisters 12:30 am. Crazy

We have teens so tour differently then with younger kids.

Thank you for everyone's nice notes. Here back at MK. My husband and son just arrived.
Little back story. Not our first rodeo.

My 13 year old just said this is her 13th visit. This includes about half Disneyland & once at Disney Paris.

Right now 4/1/15 at 7:30 wait time for 7 Dwarfs 280 minutes.
I tried to post this earlier. I think the ride must have gone down for a while? When we left at 12:30 was still showing 90 minute waits for that & the Ice sisters 12:30 am. Crazy

We have teens so tour differently then with younger kids.
I want to comment that I appreciate your live reports too. We were at the parks two weeks ago and it was often difficult so I can't imagine how hard it is now!

280 minutes.... :scared:

No it has to do with stand by lines. Back at MK for EMH. Was in the first car for 7DM. As we were exiting wait times already at 45 minutes at 7:05

It is the ride everyone races to.

We were lucky first car of the day. We really excell at rope drop.

No it has to do with stand by lines. Back at MK for EMH. Was in the first car for 7DM. As we were exiting wait times already at 45 minutes at 7:05

Apparently you do! :thumbsup2

Have a fantastic day!

Last edited:

What did the posted wait time say as you were entering the line?

I ask because our experience has been that at the most popular attractions the posted wait time starts much higher than the actual wait time in part because they anticipate the line building quickly and in part because they are trying to encourage people to go somewhere else.

Last edited:
And if they add a 4th prebooked as standard, that will make them even harder to come by. That would make the 60 day onsite booking advantage even more important.

Fixes!
We need more fixes to fix the latest fixes!

As far as the 4th FP I noticed it was for just the next few days. Most common one was Voyage of the Mermaid. At MK I don't see a 4th FP being that big of a deal. I came name at least 6 attractions that are important FP attractions (PP, A&E, 7DMT, and 3 MTNs) and a few others FPs could help. Understand MK is the busiest park but it has way more attractions than other parks and always could absorb more early booking of FPs than the other 3 parks.

Yes, tiering really plays a part. Who cares if you get a 4th FP at DHS or Epcot right now?
Who wouldn't be thrilled with EO or Figment? I personally would be thrilled since everything Disney does is to benefit the guests and the guest experience. After all aren't we all just lucky so lucky to be able to visit Disney?

What did the posted wait time say as you were entering the line?

I ask because our experience has been that at the most popular attractions the posted wait time starts much higher than the actual wait time in part because they anticipate the line building quickly and in part because they are trying to encourage people to go somewhere else.

Do you know that for a fact or are you just speculating?

Who wouldn't be thrilled with EO or Figment? I personally would be thrilled since everything Disney does is to benefit the guests and the guest experience. After all aren't we all just lucky so lucky to be able to visit Disney?

Just checked Epcot wait times. Like a previous poster said, there are a couple of things that don't have a very long wait.

Captain EO 5 Min
Ellen's Energy Adventure 10 Min
Journey Into Imagination With Figment 45 Min
Living with the Land 45 Min
Mission: SPACE 100 Min
Soarin' 115 Min
Spaceship Earth 55 Min
Test Track Presented by Chevrolet 120 Min
The Seas with Nemo & Friends 35 Min
Turtle Talk With Crush 30 Min

Seems like no matter how high they post those wait times to "encourage people to go somewhere else" poor EO just can't get any love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter