• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I want one of everything. I'm feeling like Ariel right now: I want mooooooore.

Can you fit into an XS racer? I have one that I've worn once. And I'd let you have it.

I'm usually a size small in Athleta, Nike & Under Armour. I've never bought anything from Rawthreads so I'm not sure about their sizing? Thanks so much for offering it up!

I really like the shade of blue for the GSC merchandise and that gray tank. The long sleeve white shirt is nice too. Of course no visors. I really wanted one, but the blue GSC hat is pretty. Now I'm rethinking all my outfits.

OMG the merchandise link is up...I LOVE LOVE LOVE the black lace pull over...I am so bummed I won't be there until Friday.

Best of luck to all the Princess runners. I've never been this excited about a race I'm not even attending, but my two oldest daughters are running their first half marathon, and my wife is running her fifth, so I'll be following along online to see how everyone does. Trust your training and enjoy the experience!

If you're looking for a little inspiration, remember this: When Roberta Gibb sent in an official entry for the 1966 Boston Marathon, it was returned with a note that women weren't physically capable of running a marathon. She ran the race anyway as one of the unofficial 'bandit' runners and clocked a 3:21. Likewise, the Olympics wouldn't let women run distance events for many years under the theory that it was bad for their health. Women wouldn't get to run the Olympic Marathon until 1984, when Joan Benoit Samuelson won for the US. Interestingly, JBS can still clock sub-3:00 marathons in her late 50's. Most men half her age can't touch that time. So go have fun proving all the old critics and naysayers wrong, and thanks for showing young women like my daughters that amazing women are amazingly common!
pixiedust:

Best of luck to all the Princess runners. I've never been this excited about a race I'm not even attending, but my two oldest daughters are running their first half marathon, and my wife is running her fifth, so I'll be following along online to see how everyone does. Trust your training and enjoy the experience!

If you're looking for a little inspiration, remember this: When Roberta Gibb sent in an official entry for the 1966 Boston Marathon, it was returned with a note that women weren't physically capable of running a marathon. She ran the race anyway as one of the unofficial 'bandit' runners and clocked a 3:21. Likewise, the Olympics wouldn't let women run distance events for many years under the theory that it was bad for their health. Women wouldn't get to run the Olympic Marathon until 1984, when Joan Benoit Samuelson won for the US. Interestingly, JBS can still clock sub-3:00 marathons in her late 50's. Most men half her age can't touch that time. So go have fun proving all the old critics and naysayers wrong, and thanks for showing young women like my daughters that amazing women are amazingly common!
pixiedust:
Thank you!!! This is my first AND I'm so excited I can barely sleep! I loved this pep talk!:cheer2:

Ooooo.....is that a tervis wine glass?? That might be nice to add to my collection!

We'll be rogue together. I'm cheap....uh...I mean frugal so I didn't want to spend money on stuff I'd never wear again. I'm kicking myself for not buying a shirt from RawThreads though. It said She Believed She Could So She Did. That's something I'd wear again. Oh well. Maybe they will have one at the expo.

I have seen that one at expos.

Yay, 2 more days until I'm heading to Disney! I love the black tank top - and I may have convinced someone to try and get it for me at the expo if it's still there when they go :) We'll see how outrageously expensive it is first :P

Seriously, I can't think about anything useful, my brain is all full of Disney!

My daughter loves the peach shirt. Hoping there are some when we hit the expo on Friday am. Her main thing is a magnet as she collects one from each race she has done. But.. what we get we get -- it's not a huge deal if there isn't what she wants.

I do want to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone on this thread. You all have been hugely supportive and have made my dd (15) feel so much more comfortable in running this race. The distance doesn't bother her but the shear size of the event has. I so appreciate it -- you have no idea how much more at ease I feel having been able to share with her your race tips and advice.

We're staying offsite and running the 5k. What time should I plan on getting to Epcot? Is 5:30 too late?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter