***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

@Maryemcd Thanks for letting us know that H&V F! date! :-) Wouldn't everyone's life just be so much easier if they released those SW dates/times already?!

My kids are spending time with their dad tonight. I should be catching up on the to-do list but trip research seems so much more fun (sounds far more productive when I frame it as "research")!

Anyone an Oreo fan or have kids who are? I think these are super cute (underneath that outrageous looking PB brownie sundae!)
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/08/11/review-mickey-oreo-cheesecake-at-epcots-sunshine-seasons/

And I read on the boards about a new treat in Epcot, the cannoli cupcake:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2016/...at-the-gelato-kiosk-in-epcots-italy-pavilion/

I know we've talked about a bazillion sweet treat options, but now we have a bazillion and two! :-)
my kid is with his dad for two weeks. went out to dinner with a friend and got totally hammered on 2 rum drinks. this is why I need to not have the lapu lapu at Ohana, I have the tolerance of a 90 pound 16 year old girl even though I'm neither of those things. so don't mind me, will try to behave myself.

cannolis are the best things ever. this cupcake will be mine. the cream is THE BEST.

I talked with DH some more about what we plan to carry into the parks with us. He's adamant that on days when there's a good chance of rain that he wants an umbrella, rain jacket, and maybe rain pants. He also wants to carry a water bottle. He said he'll be responsible for carrying our "Disney backpack," just a plain old red backpack. Much larger than we need, since we used it when we had a bunch of kid stuff to cart around, too.

So I changed my mind and got the Vera Bradley mini hipster in Plums Up, which is the size I really wanted. It's plenty big enough to carry anything I'll want in the park with me every day, and it will even hold my rain jacket. I should be able to clip my water bottle to my mini hipster, but it can also fit in the backpack if necessary.

I can't wait to get it in the mail!
rain pants? :rotfl: omg that is so much to carry. well if he is going to carry the backpack let him take whatever he wants. I just throw on a poncho and dance in the rain.

53627-dance-in-the-rain.jpg

Yes it seems really popular!! I don't know anything about it! Except that I've seen people rave about the fried chicken!!
it's not as popular is it looks. there is something stinky glitchy going on with reservations. They will open up, have faith. I love HDDR. not even for the free flowing sangria (I love sangria). we are going 12/9 at 6:15. sure it is not sold out, there has been a lot of trouble with people booking. yahoo! hoop dee doo!

it's not as popular is it looks. there is something stinky glitchy going on with reservations. They will open up, have faith. I love HDDR. not even for the free flowing sangria (I love sangria). we are going 12/9 at 6:15. sure it is not sold out, there has been a lot of trouble with people booking. yahoo! hoop dee doo!

I have been flip floppy on this but never booked it. I think now that most of my dining is laid out as I like it (at least now...) I would like to consider this since it seems so Disney. :) artist point is not a bad alternative though

Glad to read someone else is convinced it's still glitchy. I have a Category 1 res. on 12/15 but I realized about a month ago that Cat 1 is no good for the dining plan. Been stalking for a Cat.2 or 3 since then and nothing available.

Finally got of my lazy a** and uploaded an avatar. No turning back now I guess!!

Ah-ha...that explains it. I recognized the name but not the "face"! :)

This is reassuring. I've read this elsewhere on the boards too. What is the travel like to get to HDDR? I see it is suggested to allow 1-1/2 hours--is that accurate would you say?

Happy Friday ladies! I just realized that my little counter in my signature is below 100!!! Yeah!!!

Are you all doing any countdowns with the kids or are you surprising them? We have a countdown calendar for the kids at home and we mark off a day each night. It was the only way I could get my son to not want to go to Disney world NOW (add foot stomp!)

Actually my DS wouldn't potty train but had seen ads for WDW on Disney junior. I told him Mickey Mouse didn't allow diapers and if he didn't use the potty he would have to stay home with his grandparents while we took his sister. He didn't like that so he stared going potty. Since then he's been dry and it's been two weeks! Had to do the calendar so he would understand there were a lot of days to cross off and he couldn't go NOW just because he learned to go potty. I feel like a bad mama threatening to leave him at home but at least we got rid of diapers and I won't have to deal with them at Disney!

Ah-ha...that explains it. I recognized the name but not the "face"! :)

This is reassuring. I've read this elsewhere on the boards too. What is the travel like to get to HDDR? I see it is suggested to allow 1-1/2 hours--is that accurate would you say?
it's a pain from anywhere but MK/Ft. Wilderness/Contemporary because it is on their direct boat loop. Driving to Ft. Wilderness is not convenient because you still have to take the internal bus. We are planning to leave from MK - there is a direct boat and then back to MK->poly

May I conduct a poll? A few factors to consider:
*You ARE attending the Star Wars dessert party.
*You are NOT attending the MVMCP Holiday dessert party.
* Peter Pan is one of your kids' very, very favorites.

So all that said, which would you choose?
1. Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
2. Wishes Dessert Party

:flower:Thanks for any input, thoughts, opinions or suggestions!!:flower:

@Talby
My vote is easily for Pirates and Pals Fireworks.
Although keep in mind that I have never actually done either and my kids are Peter Pan fans and they don't like fire works in front of castle.
After a quick search the Pirate and Pals looks way cooler!

Happy Friday ladies! I just realized that my little counter in my signature is below 100!!! Yeah!!!

Are you all doing any countdowns with the kids or are you surprising them? We have a countdown calendar for the kids at home and we mark off a day each night. It was the only way I could get my son to not want to go to Disney world NOW (add foot stomp!)

Actually my DS wouldn't potty train but had seen ads for WDW on Disney junior. I told him Mickey Mouse didn't allow diapers and if he didn't use the potty he would have to stay home with his grandparents while we took his sister. He didn't like that so he stared going potty. Since then he's been dry and it's been two weeks! Had to do the calendar so he would understand there were a lot of days to cross off and he couldn't go NOW just because he learned to go potty. I feel like a bad mama threatening to leave him at home but at least we got rid of diapers and I won't have to deal with them at Disney!

I'm here because my kids felt I talked too much about Disney and I needed people who understood! :-) We're not really doing a countdown, but they are 14 and 17. Now and again I hear things like "Only X number of weeks". Or "I can't wait for such and such". They're excited but uninterested in talking about the minutia like I want to! haha I LOVE that you have a countdown calendar. It's so hard for little ones to grasp the concept of time so that visual will help so much! Congratulations on the potty training success!! As a mom, you do what works! lol :-) Oh...I miss my kids being little! One of my favorite "mom sayings" is: The days are long but the years are short! All ages are perfect for Disney, but it's so sweet when they're little! I predict lots of magic on your vacation!!

I'm here because my kids felt I talked too much about Disney and I needed people who understood! :-) We're not really doing a countdown, but they are 14 and 17. Now and again I hear things like "Only X number of weeks". Or "I can't wait for such and such". They're excited but uninterested in talking about the minutia like I want to! haha I LOVE that you have a countdown calendar. It's so hard for little ones to grasp the concept of time so that visual will help so much! Congratulations on the potty training success!! As a mom, you do what works! lol :-) Oh...I miss my kids being little! One of my favorite "mom sayings" is: The days are long but the years are short! All ages are perfect for Disney, but it's so sweet when they're little! I predict lots of magic on your vacation!!

This is why I'm here too. I was trying to talk to DH about our plans while we were at dinner tonight, and his eyes were LITERALLY glazing over. (To be fair, we were in a restaurant/sports bar that had both the Red Sox and Patriots games on, but still!) He just doesn't understand the amount of planning it takes for us to have a great vacation. Thank God I have you guys or I'd bore him to death and then I'd have to go to WDW solo!

rain pants? :rotfl: omg that is so much to carry. well if he is going to carry the backpack let him take whatever he wants. I just throw on a poncho and dance in the rain.

Yeah, I rolled around laughing at the rain pants, too! Makes him sound like a 5-year-old or something inside my head! They come in a set with a jacket, like this one: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Coleman-Adult-Rainout-PVC-Rain-Suit/47497596

He's already got the set, if he can manage to find it. It's probably out in the garage or the shed with all his tools somewhere. To give him credit, I think he bought it to wear in case he was still fixing a leak on the roof during a heavy rain storm front that was about to come through.

I told him my Coleman lightweight rain jacket would be enough for me!

May I conduct a poll? A few factors to consider:
*You ARE attending the Star Wars dessert party.
*You are NOT attending the MVMCP Holiday dessert party.
* Peter Pan is one of your kids' very, very favorites.

So all that said, which would you choose?
1. Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
2. Wishes Dessert Party

:flower:Thanks for any input, thoughts, opinions or suggestions!!:flower:

Pirates and Pals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter