***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Happy Friday ladies! I just realized that my little counter in my signature is below 100!!! Yeah!!!

Are you all doing any countdowns with the kids or are you surprising them? We have a countdown calendar for the kids at home and we mark off a day each night. It was the only way I could get my son to not want to go to Disney world NOW (add foot stomp!)

Actually my DS wouldn't potty train but had seen ads for WDW on Disney junior. I told him Mickey Mouse didn't allow diapers and if he didn't use the potty he would have to stay home with his grandparents while we took his sister. He didn't like that so he stared going potty. Since then he's been dry and it's been two weeks! Had to do the calendar so he would understand there were a lot of days to cross off and he couldn't go NOW just because he learned to go potty. I feel like a bad mama threatening to leave him at home but at least we got rid of diapers and I won't have to deal with them at Disney!
We haven't started one yet. I probably won't until we're at the 30 day mark. 90+ days is a long time when you are 3. ;) That's awesome you'll have a diaper-less trip! I can't wait for that. And actually now that I think of it, I'll probably wait until after Halloween. DD1 talks a lot about that so I'll let her. Sometimes she does talk about Disney but I really don't respond much. She'll probably go as Doc McStuffins or Elena of Avalor.

May I conduct a poll? A few factors to consider:
*You ARE attending the Star Wars dessert party.
*You are NOT attending the MVMCP Holiday dessert party.
* Peter Pan is one of your kids' very, very favorites.

So all that said, which would you choose?
1. Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
2. Wishes Dessert Party

:flower:Thanks for any input, thoughts, opinions or suggestions!!:flower:
SW dessert party? -- As of now, no. But if they open it up...:ssst:
MVMCP Dessert party -- Yes, as of right now we are. Waiting for reviews to start rolling in.

If they love Peter Pan, then yes I'd highly consider P&P Fireworks Voyage!

I am the biggest pain in the world!!!! It's for 12/4 or 12/5 ;)

Haha......Oh no, no!! I intentionally and in jest put 12/10 or 12/18. I tried to reply back really fast that I was kidding and knew that it was 12/4 or 12/5. ADRs are NO LAUGHING MATTER, however, so I never should have gone there! :-)

Haha......Oh no, no!! I intentionally and in jest put 12/10 or 12/18. I tried to reply back really fast that I was kidding and knew that it was 12/4 or 12/5. ADRs are NO LAUGHING MATTER, however, so I never should have gone there! :-)
We posted at the same time!!! you were great! We NEED to lighten up on these!!! So thank you :)

Ain't that the truth!

I don't think I mentioned, but I did score BOG for 10 for lunch on 12/4! So we'll cancel our breakfast at the GFC, or make it earlier, and enjoy the yums at BOG!

.... Maybe if you had said

" hey everyone!! I'm dumping all my reservations because we decided to quick service every meal. (Can't get enough of those cheeseburger egg rolls!!) Pm me to coordinate!....

.....J/K!!!!".......

then maybe it'd have to agree with you; no laughing matter!!!!!

Trying to recover from a rough night of missing out on an ADR, and then losing one that I cancelled in order to catch another one that came up on TP :( That I didn't even get!!! I know there is still plenty of time! I do have many adrs that I'm excited about, so I'm really trying to just think of it that way. I think I'm in most people's boat that we all just are waiting for these special event release dates, so we can really know if what we have will work. In the meantime!!... I have a question :) I've already piggybacked on @Talby before! So, why not do it again?! (But please reply to Talby's post first!! :) )

which would you choose....
a) an extra free day without a park. (we're at the poly...I HOPE it's not too cold to swim...the girls would spend the whole vacation there..so, this would be fun) But, we are already arriving sat 3 really really early, so we already do have a free day pretty much until dinner.
b) a day at SeaWorld
c) a day at HS...which I wasn't planning at all...typical!
I'm sorry you missed out. you do not have to cancel before booking! just go book and the system will prompt you to cancel if it needs to, otherwise you can cancel later (it doesn't always).

The volcano pool at the poly is spectacular. I. am planning a day to hit that. if the water is at least 68 and air temps are similar I'm good. I read that disney heats their pools to 80! so if it's e an close I'll be happy lol.

@BDFmom That is genius...the best of both worlds with the dessert party and the pontoon boat!! Is that to watch Wishes or IllumiNations?

@Candycane83 I got myself (and the kids) all excited about Spirit of Aloha so I think I have to give up on HDDR as much as I would love to see it. With the other things we have going on, 2 dinner shows just isn't quite going to fit. But it will be high on the next time list and I'll look super forward to hearing about it from those who went this time. Because we all ARE going to have post trip discussions, right? (I hope, I hope!!) :-)

@pigletgirl Yeah, that's my ideal scenario to help my indecisive self make a decision! I'm (im)patiently stalking for the "big reveal" of SW December dates along with everyone else. :-) I'm riding the fence about MVMCP dessert party but if we did the regular Wishes dessert party we would drop it. I've got several variations of plans in the works. If this, then that....x3! :crazy:

@rasadkowski I came **this** close to responding back that I had you down for the Mama Melrose F! package at 7:00. (because that's when F! starts and there would not be an option for that). :lmao: But I thought perhaps that was taking it a step too far! lol We've GOT TO laugh somewhere in all of this madness!
@areno79 Sending smooth transfer vibes for you and @Lisa F on that 'Ohana transfer! Super exciting!! :yay:

@Lisa F I cannot seem to stop giggling about this image in my head of the Gortons fisherman walking around MK! lol

@TiggerManiac If he's willing to carry his own backpack, whatever makes him happy I say! :-)

I'm sorry you missed out. you do not have to cancel before booking! just go book and the system will prompt you to cancel if it needs to, otherwise you can cancel later (it doesn't always).

The volcano pool at the poly is spectacular. I. am planning a day to hit that. if the water is at least 68 and air temps are similar I'm good. I read that disney heats their pools to 80! so if it's e an close I'll be happy lol.

Yes to the bolded! I can't believe it, but right now I am holding 3 reservations within 1 h 25 m of each other on one day! I did NOT make those all on my ADR day either. I think I made one of them first, then added another, and then a couple days ago added yet another and the system never prompted me to cancel the others. I'll have to take care of it soon though, all these ADR's are really starting to bug me. Yet, every time I go to cancel one I find myself hesitating because I still don't know what the park hours are going to look like for sure. Grr... Disney, get your act together!

I think you all have enabled me. I want a Vera Bradley Disney bag for my upcoming trip. DH told me to go ahead and get what I want. I'm leaning towards thevP,ups Up print by could also go with the ble Disney Dreaming.

Now I'm trying to decide between the Hipster or Mini Hipster. We won't have kids, so I won't have to carry much. Just phone, ID, Disney card, Advil, band aids, breath mints, little bit of cash. I may have a water bottle, Bu I could use a carabiner clip for that. I might also have a rain jacket some days.

I think I could stuff the jacket in the regular hipster, but not the mini.

If you have either size, can you tell me what yo're able to fit in it?
My vera disney bag is actually a backpack....not the big backpacks she has, but the smaller / purse backpack version. I actually don't think they are making that size anymore, but I LOVE mine. Just was comparing it to my sister's Vera Bradly bag last night and realized mine is really faded - lots of use so I guess that's OK.

BTW ....I'm trying to catch up on the last 4 days of posts - you guys have been really BUSY! My mom's husband was in the hospital and passed on Wednesday - so my 89 y/o mother is staying with me for the time being, and I swear it's more work than a 2 year old would be:) Nice to spend time with her though....I'm missing out on my disney planning!:)

Yes to the bolded! I can't believe it, but right now I am holding 3 reservations within 1 h 25 m of each other on one day! I did NOT make those all on my ADR day either. I think I made one of them first, then added another, and then a couple days ago added yet another and the system never prompted me to cancel the others. I'll have to take care of it soon though, all these ADR's are really starting to bug me. Yet, every time I go to cancel one I find myself hesitating because I still don't know what the park hours are going to look like for sure. Grr... Disney, get your act together!
you just have to hang tight and chill. I have my backup booked too and I ignore it! but I understand the ocd need to have it right. I have to make an effort to not see it lol

May I conduct a poll? A few factors to consider:
*You ARE attending the Star Wars dessert party.
*You are NOT attending the MVMCP Holiday dessert party.
* Peter Pan is one of your kids' very, very favorites.

So all that said, which would you choose?
1. Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
2. Wishes Dessert Party

:flower:Thanks for any input, thoughts, opinions or suggestions!!:flower:
maybe too late, high it is so hard to keep up on my phone! no brainer to me.. the Peter pan thing. you're already doing one dessert party. why not do something different? I would not do wishes dessert party without the parade benefit.

@candycane and @Talby do I just search the normal Hollywood and vine dinner page for 4 pm and if something were available, does that mean it will automatically be a holiday dine and f! Package? Or I think you mentioned it'll give me a choice when I do happen to click on it?
Or is there a specific place on MDE that I have to search for exactly Minnie holiday dine with f!? I also see something about a 1st show? Are there 2? Sorry so confused :(

@candycane and @Talby do I just search the normal Hollywood and vine dinner page for 4 pm and if something were available, does that mean it will automatically be a holiday dine and f! Package? Or I think you mentioned it'll give me a choice when I do happen to click on it?
Or is there a specific place on MDE that I have to search for exactly Minnie holiday dine with f!? I also see something about a 1st show? Are there 2? Sorry so confused :(

@rasadkowski There's a couple of ways to do this:

In MDE:
1. Parks and Tickets
2. Hollywood Studios
3. Dining
3. Date/Time/Party Size
This will show you all dining options available including F! packages for the entire park.

OR

In MDE:
1. Search "Fantasmic Package"
2. Select Restaurant, date, party size.
This searches just for the F! package, just like any other ADR you'd look for.

There are probably other ways but these are what I use most.

Minnie's Seasonal Dine at H&V is only dinner, which I believe is 3 and after? The Disney Jr. characters are there for breakfast/lunch. You could also book JUST H&V for dinner, not with the F! package included. For example, I have Mama Melrose F! package at 11:10 because I haven't been able to get the H&V Dinner one. So I would be happy to just get H&V dinner with no F! package. Does that make sense? It's a little confusing!! lol o_O

Last edited:
@rasadkowski Sorry...I forgot...sometimes there ARE 2 shows for F! but I don't know what time the second one is. Some of the Disney veterans here will know. :) Pretty sure that 2nd show has not been announced yet? I think that happens if HS hours are extended which, of course, is not yet the case! But this does make me wonder if more availability for H&V will happen if park hours are extended? :ssst:

Last edited:
My vera disney bag is actually a backpack....not the big backpacks she has, but the smaller / purse backpack version. I actually don't think they are making that size anymore, but I LOVE mine. Just was comparing it to my sister's Vera Bradly bag last night and realized mine is really faded - lots of use so I guess that's OK.

BTW ....I'm trying to catch up on the last 4 days of posts - you guys have been really BUSY! My mom's husband was in the hospital and passed on Wednesday - so my 89 y/o mother is staying with me for the time being, and I swear it's more work than a 2 year old would be:) Nice to spend time with her though....I'm missing out on my disney planning!:)

I'm a big fan of Vera myself and just got an adorable Disney back pack that I'm so excited to use. :-) Very sorry about your loss. :( That's a lot to manage, bless your heart. Wishing peace to you and your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter