You're crazy! No I'm Dopey! 2017 WDW Marathon Weekend PTR Updated 12/31

Corral L is pretty great! You'll have a good buffer and hopefully you'll have time to stop for lots of characters. I'm sure it'll be great!

So exciting that you're doing the dessert party ... I've heard good things about it. I can't wait to read about it in your report!

Corral L is pretty great! You'll have a good buffer and hopefully you'll have time to stop for lots of characters. I'm sure it'll be great!

So exciting that you're doing the dessert party ... I've heard good things about it. I can't wait to read about it in your report!
Thanks! Yeah that's one thing I'm kind of worried about is character stops. I hope to do a lot of them during the 5K, 10K and Half. We will see how the full goes to determine if I'll stop for characters much or not.

Yeah I'm excited. I'll be sure to give a full report on it.

I will tell you that character lines toward the latter part of the marathon get much shorter, so if you are worried skip some of those early long lines and get more characters at the end. Starting from K and taking our time we had several character stops toward the end with little to no lines.

I will tell you that character lines toward the latter part of the marathon get much shorter, so if you are worried skip some of those early long lines and get more characters at the end. Starting from K and taking our time we had several character stops toward the end with little to no lines.
That's great to hear. I noticed that with the half last year. I started from H but the character lines were definitely shorter towards the end.

I'll add that many if not all of the character stops from the start through to Poly are the same for both the half and the full. If you hit them one day, you don't need to worry about them the next. Or, conversely, if you see a long line during the half, you can skip it and try again during the full. Either way, be sure to turn off auto-pause on your watch if you have one with it turned on. The clock doesn't stop running just because you do. :)

I agree near the end of the full some stops had short lines that's the only reason I stopped for Boo in Studios & Scrooge at Epcot as they were basically no wait:) Epcot seems to have lot, but can be tricky seeing if the park is already open with day guests. Wide world of sports this year (2016) had a lot more characters in sports attire out too and those lines didn't look too bad (6-7 people maybe when I went by) so that could be a good area to get a few with shorter lines hopefully if they do that again. The villains in 2015 were one big stop where 2016 they were all spread out so lines wouldn't hopefully get as bad maybe, although when I went by a lot seemed to be on break.

However, characters actually aren't all the same in the half & full, spots might be but a lot of characters differed or switch out for breaks (at least in 2016 they did). You know the half ones from this year but some I remember changing between when I went by were
They half had Wreck it Ralph & Full had Chicken Little.
Oogie I saw in the half but Jack & Sally in the Full (not sure if they switched out).
Country Bears were in the full but at the half woody & Clarabelle were switching out in that spot. And the full Brer Rabbit & Bear were out somewhere too which I don't remember them in the half.
In the full we got Lumiere switching with Cogsworth and Sebastian switching with Ariel that were not part of the half.
Stitch & Lilo were in Tomorrowland in the full I think but on world drive maybe in the half if I remember right.
Oh & when leaving MK it was Peter Pan in the half but the parade sleeping beauty dragon in the full. (crazy lines of course both days)

I know Mary & Bert were the same and Golfing Goofy Donald were the same both days and that hot air balloon. Pirates were only the full this year unlike years past where they were in both as that big boat was gone.

So, basically my thing is if you see someone in the half you really want and the line isn't crazy stop cause they may or may not be there in the full. Maybe in the past they were more the same, but this year there were enough differences. I know you didn't ask but thought I'd share as far as I can remember :)

I'll add that many if not all of the character stops from the start through to Poly are the same for both the half and the full. If you hit them one day, you don't need to worry about them the next. Or, conversely, if you see a long line during the half, you can skip it and try again during the full. Either way, be sure to turn off auto-pause on your watch if you have one with it turned on. The clock doesn't stop running just because you do. :)

Yes that is a good thing. I don't have auto pause on my Apple Watch so I don't have to worry about that.

I agree near the end of the full some stops had short lines that's the only reason I stopped for Boo in Studios & Scrooge at Epcot as they were basically no wait:) Epcot seems to have lot, but can be tricky seeing if the park is already open with day guests. Wide world of sports this year (2016) had a lot more characters in sports attire out too and those lines didn't look too bad (6-7 people maybe when I went by) so that could be a good area to get a few with shorter lines hopefully if they do that again. The villains in 2015 were one big stop where 2016 they were all spread out so lines wouldn't hopefully get as bad maybe, although when I went by a lot seemed to be on break.

However, characters actually aren't all the same in the half & full, spots might be but a lot of characters differed or switch out for breaks (at least in 2016 they did). You know the half ones from this year but some I remember changing between when I went by were
They half had Wreck it Ralph & Full had Chicken Little.
Oogie I saw in the half but Jack & Sally in the Full (not sure if they switched out).
Country Bears were in the full but at the half woody & Clarabelle were switching out in that spot. And the full Brer Rabbit & Bear were out somewhere too which I don't remember them in the half.
In the full we got Lumiere switching with Cogsworth and Sebastian switching with Ariel that were not part of the half.
Stitch & Lilo were in Tomorrowland in the full I think but on world drive maybe in the half if I remember right.
Oh & when leaving MK it was Peter Pan in the half but the parade sleeping beauty dragon in the full. (crazy lines of course both days)

I know Mary & Bert were the same and Golfing Goofy Donald were the same both days and that hot air balloon. Pirates were only the full this year unlike years past where they were in both as that big boat was gone.

So, basically my thing is if you see someone in the half you really want and the line isn't crazy stop cause they may or may not be there in the full. Maybe in the past they were more the same, but this year there were enough differences. I know you didn't ask but thought I'd share as far as I can remember :)
Yes I heard that some were different between the two. I met Oogie Boogie during the half. I don't usually stop if the line is really long. I think oogie boogie was my longest line during the half last year.

I booked the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert party today! For January 9th for my sister, grandma, and I. I've never done a dessert party and am excited to try this one out.

My boyfriend and I are booked for the same night for the Star Wars dessert party! Be sure to say hello!

So exciting that you are getting so close!!! I wouldn't worry too much about the corrals...this is supposed to be FUN right?? lol...not too serious!!! And then if you pass people in front of you, you can feel like an elite breezing by them all lol...and if you don't ...well you can still feel awesome that you are even doing this Dopey thing lol

So exciting that you are getting so close!!! I wouldn't worry too much about the corrals...this is supposed to be FUN right?? lol...not too serious!!! And then if you pass people in front of you, you can feel like an elite breezing by them all lol...and if you don't ...well you can still feel awesome that you are even doing this Dopey thing lol
I know we are almost at a single digit countdown! As long as I finish I'll be fine no matter where I start.

The final pre-trip update!

I want to start out by wishing all of you a very Happy New Year! For me 2016 was a year of highs and lows. I hope 2017 is great and I know it's starting out great for me with a Disney trip!

We fly out of Milwaukee bright and early Monday morning at 6AM and I can't wait to leave this cold weather behind. This trip will have many firsts as well as many repeats. This will also be my longest trip I've ever taken at 9 days.

I hope to meet some of you fabulous DISers while I am down ther whether it be at the parks or during races.

A final run down of plans before we leave...

1/2

Arrival
1PM The Cotton Bowl! On Wisconsin!
Spaceship Earth FP 2-3PM (likely won't happen with the badger game)
Frozen Ever After 4:30-5:30PM
Mission: Space 5:45PM-6:45PM

1/3

1900 park fare 8:40AM
Peter Pans flight 10:50-11:50AM
Mine Train 12-1PM
BTMRR 2:35-3:35PM

1/4

Star Tours 9:15-10:15AM
TSMM 10:15-11:15AM
Tower of Terror 11:15-12:15PM
Le Cellier 2:05PM
Race Expo!

1/5

5K!
Mickey Mile!
Dinosaur 1:10-2:10PM
Kilimanjaro Safaris 2:10-3:10PM
Everest 3:20-4:20PM
Ohana 5:35PM

1/6

10K!
Soarin 10:35-11:35PM
Spaceship Earth 11:45-12:45PM
The Seas 2:20-3:20PM
Tusker House 4PM

1/7

Half Marathon!
Frozen Ever After 11:45-12:45PM
Meet Disney Pals 1:10-2:10PM
Pixar film festival 2:25-3:25PM
Whispering Canyon 6PM

1/8

Full Marathon!
Pirates 2:25-3:25PM
Space Mountain 4:25-5:25
Be Our Guest 6PM
Mine Train 7-8PM

1/9

Boathouse 12:30PM
Star Wars Dessert Party

1/10

Departure day

Happy New Year and thanks for following along everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter