You're crazy! No I'm Dopey! 2017 WDW Marathon Weekend PTR Updated 12/31

Just occurred to me I will be in Orlando for both the Princess Marathon and the Wine and Dine in 2017. Just saying it is pretty ironic considering that I am the LEAST likely person to particate in an event like this. (Though we've been talking about someday doing one of the 5K events.)

I still can't even believe they just imploded in the second half.
Oh my, I was so surprised they lost! I thought for sure Wisconsin had it in the bag.

Great job getting your miles in. Every day I run in the cold lately I think of all you future Dopey's getting your runs in! Keep it up!

Just occurred to me I will be in Orlando for both the Princess Marathon and the Wine and Dine in 2017. Just saying it is pretty ironic considering that I am the LEAST likely person to particate in an event like this. (Though we've been talking about someday doing one of the 5K events.)

The 5Ks are a lot of run you could definitely do one. The wine and dine 5K is Christmas themed.

Oh my, I was so surprised they lost! I thought for sure Wisconsin had it in the bag.

Great job getting your miles in. Every day I run in the cold lately I think of all you future Dopey's getting your runs in! Keep it up!

I know I thought they had it in the bag too! I'm still frustrated.

Thanks! It's only getting colder here. I might be doing some of these last few runs on the treadmill which I don't want to do.

I plan on doing it next year. It will be my first 5K. I hate running, but you get to go backstage:) DH is going to do the half, but he's done a marathon before:rolleyes2

Forgot to post this! These babies arrived last week Friday!

View attachment 210004

Countdown!
Walt Disney World Arrival 20 DAYS!
Walt Disney World 5K 23 DAYS!
Walt Disney World 10K 24 DAYS!
Walt Disney World Half 25 DAYS!
Walt Disney World Full 26 DAYS!

Mine are sitting at my parents house in Florida. I don't even get the excitement of receiving them for this trip.

Well... Well... Well...

IMG_3063.JPG

As I am watching the 8-12 inches of snow we are getting fall. I thought I'd post an update! Today corrals and waivers were posted by runDisney. For the non-runDisneh folks, waiver are where you find out your big number. The waiver is what you get signed to say you can participate in the race. The bib number is the number you wear on yourself and determines where you are starting. As a Dopey challenge participant I get one starting corral for the 5K and 10K, and then one corral for the half and full. Since they don't release the corrals ahead of time for the 5K and 10K I only know what corral I'm starting in for the half and full which is corral L. The corrals start with an elite corral and then go A, B, C... all the way until P. So I am starting in the fifth corral from the back. I had hoped to be a little farther up in J or K but they changed up the corrals from last year.

In Disney planning news...

I booked the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert party today! For January 9th for my sister, grandma, and I. I've never done a dessert party and am excited to try this one out.

And now for the countdown!
Walt Disney World Arrival 16 Days!
Walt Disney World 5K 19 Days!
Walt Disney World 10K 20 Days!
Walt Disney World Half 21 Days!
Walt Disney World Full 22 Days!

The Dessert party...how fun. I can't wait to see all the yummies!

As for corrals....you have a good buffer between you and the last corral! You totally will rock this.

L is for Lucky! It's interesting how I've read a lot of people not where they thought they would be on here & FB. Seems like that changing to no proof needed for over 5:30 full or 2:45 half had more people maybe exaggerating on their estimate with no proof needed so a lot going for those same corrals & pushing people back once they got full. With so many people not sure what else they can do to keep it more honest. Oh well it's just a start time, & you'll still run the same races & have fun & be Lucky in L!

Oh the dessert party should be fun! Never done one so will look forward to your take on it! Good luck these last few weeks training! Winter is being not very nice for sure!

Last edited:
L is for Lucky! It's interesting how I've read a lot of people not where they thought they would be on here & FB. Seems like that changing to no proof needed for over 5:30 full or 2:45 half had more people maybe exaggerating on their estimate with no proof needed so a lot going for those same corrals & pushing people back once they got full. With so many people not sure what else they can do to keep it more honest. Oh well it's just a start time, & you'll still run the same races & have fun & be Lucky in L!

Oh the dessert party should be fun! Never done one so will look forward to your take on it! Good luck these last few weeks training! Winter is being not very nice for sure!
L is for lucky! I like it! Yeah there was definitely a big change in the corrals. I'm just glad I have a buffer from the balloon ladies.

Yeah I'm excited to try it out since I've never done one before. Thanks, we got about 5 inches of snow last night and have another 1-3 coming this afternoon.

L is a great corral placement. We started Goofy in K in 2015 and we had a great time. You are going to do great, Ryan!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter