You're crazy! No I'm Dopey! 2017 WDW Marathon Weekend PTR Updated 12/31

Thanks! Not everyone does get the whole hunting thing. I think it depends on where you are from. I think Dopey is named properly that is for sure. The medals are a great thing to show off too. Training over the holidays and in the winter isn't easy and will probably be the true test on Dopey. Running in snow is not something I look forward too.

It's the price we pay for signing up for these events. Training over here in the summer isn't any fun, but I knew going in to IMFL I'd have to power through it or I wouldn't make it through the race. Same thing for you. You simply need to get out there and do it. Lot of critical miles over the next four weeks, and skipping any of them will make marathon weekend a lot more difficult.

It's the price we pay for signing up for these events. Training over here in the summer isn't any fun, but I knew going in to IMFL I'd have to power through it or I wouldn't make it through the race. Same thing for you. You simply need to get out there and do it. Lot of critical miles over the next four weeks, and skipping any of them will make marathon weekend a lot more difficult.

Thanks John! I don't plan on skipping runs in December. I have two weeks left of school including finals. I should have no problem getting the runs in between things.

Snow running can both be beautiful & crappy! I hope you don't have to deal with it too much before your trip :) Great light display & shirt!

Thanks! Well we don't have any snow yet but I'm sure we'll get some in the next four weeks.

Running in snow is not something I look forward too.

Yes I feel you with this. I am going to try so hard not to fall off the running wagon this winter...but snow and ice...and that whole, don't wanna break anything vibe...it's gonna be tough. But you can do it!!!

Yes I feel you with this. I am going to try so hard not to fall off the running wagon this winter...but snow and ice...and that whole, don't wanna break anything vibe...it's gonna be tough. But you can do it!!!
Thanks!

Weekly Update #14

EPCOT_FUTURE_7574373079.jpg

Another week gone?! Time is just flying by. I have one more week of regular classes and then finals... I am excited for the semester to be over and be on break but I am so nervous for finals. My biggest worry right now would be chemistry but I think I will be fine.

Running wise I think I had a pretty good week. Sunday was 5 miles, Wednesday 5 miles, Friday 8 miles, and Saturday 17.2 miles. I was a little sore today but nothing unexpected. I was up and moving today since I had to work at Lambeau Field for the Packer Game. Thankfully they won which sort of helped curve my sports depression from Wisconsin losing the Big Ten Championship. I still can't even believe they just imploded in the second half. Well onto the Cotton Bowl which is being played on the day we arrive to WDW, hopefully they can win that one (right? @DopeyBadger ).

Back at it again this week, school and training. I can't believe how close we are getting!

Weekly Countdown!
Walt Disney World Arrival 28 days!
Walt Disney World 5K 31 days!
Walt Disney World 10K 32 days!
Walt Disney World Half 33 days!
Walt Disney World Full 34 days!

Good luck on finals:) I always dreaded chemistry. It was one of the hardest subjects for me. It probably didn't help that the intro chem classes were always taught in a large theater with about 500 or more students at UT Austin:crazy:

Good luck on finals:) I always dreaded chemistry. It was one of the hardest subjects for me. It probably didn't help that the intro chem classes were always taught in a large theater with about 500 or more students at UT Austin:crazy:
Yeah, its one of my harder subjects too. It's been so long since I took chemistry in high school that I forgot half the stuff and had to re-learn. My class isn't 500 big but more like 150.

Cotton Bowl won't be easy (of course what NY6 bowl is?). We'll see if our defensive backfield can correct the mistakes from the BTCG because Western Michigan has a potent core of offensive players. Should be a fun one! Congrats on getting those runs in!

Cotton Bowl won't be easy (of course what NY6 bowl is?). We'll see if our defensive backfield can correct the mistakes from the BTCG because Western Michigan has a potent core of offensive players. Should be a fun one! Congrats on getting those runs in!
Thanks!

Yeah I don't know much about Western Michigan other than their undefeated record. I'm hopeful the Badgers can get it together for this game.

Saturday 17.2 miles.

Well you are certainly getting your miles up in the long runs! You must be almost up to the longest distance you'll run before the marathon...that's awesome.

Good luck on your finals...yeah chem is tough for sure!!! But soon...holidays!! I hope you get a nice long break!

Well you are certainly getting your miles up in the long runs! You must be almost up to the longest distance you'll run before the marathon...that's awesome.

Good luck on your finals...yeah chem is tough for sure!!! But soon...holidays!! I hope you get a nice long break!
Yep gotta get those miles in before the marathon!

Thanks! We have a month off which is great for a nice Disney vacation!

Hi Ryan, good luck on finals! I'll be taking mine soon as well. While they can be stressful, it's nice knowing there is a huge break right after they are finished, and in your case you get a trip to WDW, which makes it even better!

Hi Ryan, good luck on finals! I'll be taking mine soon as well. While they can be stressful, it's nice knowing there is a huge break right after they are finished, and in your case you get a trip to WDW, which makes it even better!
Thanks! Good luck on yours as well! Yes the WDW trip is a great "finals/break reward".

You're doing a great job getting those miles in!

Congrats on the Packers win. I have to admit, I never really had any interest in college sports, but I know that a lot of people really enjoy supporting their favorite college, so I'm guessing the Wisconsin loss was pretty rough ... hopefully they'll do better in the Cotton Bowl!

Good luck on finals!

You're doing a great job getting those miles in!

Congrats on the Packers win. I have to admit, I never really had any interest in college sports, but I know that a lot of people really enjoy supporting their favorite college, so I'm guessing the Wisconsin loss was pretty rough ... hopefully they'll do better in the Cotton Bowl!

Good luck on finals!
Thanks!

I love college football and basketball. I am not an NBA fan at all but I do enjoy the NFL. That loss was pretty rough especially since they were doing so well. Oh well have to move on, onto the Cotton Bowl!

Thanks again!

Yay for getting the mileage in...I can't believe how close this trip is getting.

Well done on your mileage!! Good luck on your finals as well. I actually loved Chemistry, but I know not everybody does. You'll do great, I'm sure!

Well done on your mileage!! Good luck on your finals as well. I actually loved Chemistry, but I know not everybody does. You'll do great, I'm sure!
Thanks! Everyone has subjects that they like and dislike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter