• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

As for the shrimp boil/peel and eat, we should probably wait until at least Tuesday so Ed can enjoy.

j

Bishoparc comes in same day I do (Tuesday) and Teamubr, I see you're leaving on Saturday. How about Friday night June 3? If any of the locals need a written excuse to leave work early on a Friday afternoon, it can be arranged.

Bama Ed

If any of the locals need a written excuse to leave work early on a Friday afternoon, it can be arranged.
And if they need a note from a medical professional, Michael or me can probably help with that. :drinking:

j

Last edited:
Bama Ed, I was thinking the same I think Friday night is good. We will pull out Saturday morning so we will pack up Friday afternoon and enjoy other people's site on Friday. Win win all around.

Yes I don't have the beach state of mind. Trying to plan. Right now we want to kayak Sunday or Monday, buffet concert Tuesday, blue angles on Wednesday, and maybe Mobile on Thursday. That is a lot less planning than normal.

Sounds like a plan.

I can check sites to make sure they are open. Flame, I need a number to text you at if you're okay with that. You can PM me.

I'll call them tomorrow but in my case check-in on Thursday shouldn't be too bad.

I'll bet Tiggerdad's turkey fryer that this is going to be a good meet/camping trip! When I get home I'm going to buy me a kite to fly on the beach with Ed! Can't wait!

Okay I sent my number to Michael and Randy. Friday sounds great to me for the Official Dismeet night. But we'll probably have a few warm up events beforehand. We'll gladly donate for shrimp and/or crawfish. Will gladly help cook or grill some too. I'm definitely going to try to go see the Blues fly. We always love the museum and maybe some of us can climb the Lighthouse. Hoping to bring my kayak and go out some with Kris. Anyone else is welcome to borrow it.

Last edited:
Well, this is getting better. Just found out my ex brother-in-law will be arriving down there on June 2nd.

At least we still get along (much to my sister's dislike)

I'm going to buy me a kite to fly on the beach with Ed! Can't wait!

Oooo. Kites!

I know DS would love that. I may have to see if I can find some here at home before we leave. If not, I'm sure there will be some there.

j

They have a nice tennis courts too. I will have rackets with us if anyone wants to use them. Trust me Walmart only a mile away has tons of beach supplies and kites.

Joe, thanks for the offer but I'll sit out. Unless, of course you want your tennis balls in the lake or landing over near the water tower. Juuusssttt never quite got the hang of it.

Joe, thanks for the offer but I'll sit out. Unless, of course you want your tennis balls in the lake or landing over near the water tower. Juuusssttt never quite got the hang of it.

I played in high school some 30ish years ago. I was a lot leaner in those days. Now I mostly chase balls the kids hit over the fence.

Okay, so ever since we set this Dismeet up way back when and I circled it on my calendar (yes, I still use the kind you put on your wall) I knew all along there was one big hurdle to get over before it was smooth sailing to GSP. No, I don't mean work. The emergency department can be stressful and busy, but there is no amount of trauma, heart attacks, strokes, anxiety attacks, or gastroenteritis that can compare to this one thing.

I fear it every year.

I do my best to prepare for it, but the anxiety is still there.

I knew when we debated on having children (wasn't sure if the world was ready for another me) that if we had a girl, this yearly obstacle was coming.

Then we had two girls...

Now it is even tougher...

That's right, some of you know what day today is...

It's...

DANCE RECITAL DAY!

48 different dance acts over a period of 5-6 hours. Blasting music (not my kind of music either), crying kids, inpatient mothers, and huddled up for support fathers.

It's tutus, glitter, and chicken feather bows all over the place.

Please, pray for me!

ace-ace-ventura-6606314-506-350.gif

Tiggerdad are you bring tutu to GSP? Is today a rehearsal day for you?

Hey I have to come out in support of tiggerdad.

Some of us are dads of DD's. His are younger and mine is older. When you are a dad of a DD, you go in support and you are there in the rain, sun, heat, cold, hail, or tornados always ready with a hug, a pep talk, a compliment, or a kick in the rear. You put up with bad music and no or bad overpriced concession food. No matter how long it lasts, you stand your post until called upon. Even if "eye contact" with DD with a head nod is all you do there, you've done your job.

Having enough cash on hand on the way home for the drive through at Taco Bell cures most ills though; this I've learned.

Bama Ed

Ps - now, dealing with the "pageant moms" in any of these circumstances is a COMPLETELY different matter since logic, reason, common sense, and the Newtonian Laws of Physics are nowhere to be found in their presence.

Last edited:
Ed, thanks for that. You are so right. Ditto on the "pageant moms", I got my first taste of that back earlier in the year. You are correct, some of them are plain crazy.

Well, I survived another one! All 51 dances and 5 hours of it. I think I should recover after a little rest...

6k3y.gif

I guess I got off lucky. None of my girls cared to dance or do pageants. The youngest played little league baseball but lost interest because she was better than the boys. Yes she is a big tomboy. Good thing too because she is beautiful. Less chance I will have to chase off boys. She will be the only kid with us most of the time camping. At 10 she still likes us and she loves camping at GSP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter