Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Ed, just like last year. The temps don't seem too bad either. Mid 80's just like last year. Fingers are crossed it stays there.

Mid 80s will be perfect. Now, if the water temp would match that... I'm pretty much a wuss about cold water. I won't get in my pool until it is 80. 84 is even better.

j

The pool will be warmer than the ocean probably.

But I thought you Yankees thought 70F water WAS warm. All my relatives from Ohio say so... :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

But I thought you Yankees thought 70F water WAS warm. All my relatives from Ohio say so... :rolleyes1
My DS doesn't mind the pool being 70 degrees, but he is from Ukraine. The city he is from is on the same parallel as the Canadian border.
I'm pretty sure I was supposed to be from Florida... Or maybe California. Not sure how or why I was born in St Louis. I've always been more comfortable in the south. Except for being a bleeding heart liberal and not really understanding the whole college football thing, I'd fit right in. :)

j

Okay I rode the Harley to Gulf Shores today for lunch. It was very warm. We ate at Lulu's again ( In my Forrest Gump voice). I also drove into the campground and the gate attendant confirmed to me that we wouldn't have to come inside. They would have our packets there. Didn't ask anything else as I was sitting on a rumbling heat furnace. But there is no new lanes or signs so I guess when you pull up Michael just tell them you're prepaid and they should just hand you the packet and wave you on in. Then on Friday morning go run the people out of Randy's and my sites. We'll probably be there early. It's gonna get boring in the Walmart parking lot if they stay until checkout time. For the record all the sites still look the same as they did l when I took the pictures except with maybe a little bit of stuff growing back.

My DS doesn't mind the pool being 70 degrees, but he is from Ukraine. The city he is from is on the same parallel as the Canadian border.
I'm pretty sure I was supposed to be from Florida... Or maybe California. Not sure how or why I was born in St Louis. I've always been more comfortable in the south. Except for being a bleeding heart liberal and not really understanding the whole college football thing, I'd fit right in. :)

j

My daughter is the same way. I think she is half mermaid from Siberia. But I am from Florida and I hate cold water. But with two weeks to enjoy recovering I'm gonna drink enough to stay warm.

Oh no a bleeding heart liberal ? Well I better study up on that because I'm a opinionated gun toting southern republican voting registered democrat. Maybe we need to ban political talk at least during the party Friday. :)

Last edited:
Ah, now it's getting interesting.

Thanks for the heads up there Joe. It will for sure be better if we don't have to go inside. What wouldsuck is if you have done express check-in and the campers in front have not. Then you get to wait on them?

I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh, my 4 y/o asked me today "Will the little camper be there again this year?". It took me a minute, but Ed, I guess she is referring to your Aliner. After that tour you gave you must have made a strong impression.

I'm a opinionated gun toting southern republican. Maybe we need to ban political talk at least during the party Friday. :)
That describes most of my friends. Remind me to tell you about "Undie". He's an undertaker from Knoxville. We've been racing friends for years. He is so good he almost had me convinced to put an orange "T" on my truck. :duck:

j

Maybe Football will cause enough controversy we can avoid politics. For the record on that I am a Florida Gators fan by birth and Alabama fan by choice if they are not playing my Gators.

I was thinking the same thing Michael so maybe they will wave up prepay guys around the crowd hopefully.

Thanks for the heads up there Joe. It will for sure be better if we don't have to go inside. What wouldsuck is if you have done express check-in and the campers in front have not. Then you get to wait on them?

giphy.gif

This is how Tiggerdad rolls into a campground, too bad we're going to miss it!

Remember this...

Ok am quite out of the loop, lots been going on at home, what is this early checkin thing? Am I allowed to do it even though I have never been to GSP before. I have no emails from GSP except my initial one.

We are in the process of replacing the broken skylight. It is off and roofed cleaned but did not get the right replacement. We have cardboard covering our hole and Bert ordered an OEM skylight today. We are hoping it makes it here by Saturday so we can install Sunday.

Looking forward to some down time if I can figure that out. Work is not cooperating much so I am hoping I can not work but might not happen.

Ok am quite out of the loop, lots been going on at home, what is this early checkin thing? Am I allowed to do it even though I have never been to GSP before. I have no emails from GSP except my initial one.
You should be able to early check in. I did and I have never been before and didn't get an email either. Randy sent me his email explaining the system to help expedite the check in process. I called them last week and got a call back a few days later. I paid up and now I get to do the drive-by check in.

I'm coming in Saturday afternoon. I didn't think the lines would be too bad, but I did it anyway figuring any time saved is the faster I can be at my site and "on vacation".

I can sympathize with the work issues. I'm in senior hospital leadership now and had a consulting company that I worked from home for a few years. It took a while to separate work and home, but I generally do a decent job. (or at least better than I used to)

j

Team, I sent you a PM regarding letting you know about your site. If it's open you can come on in sooner if you like. Be more than happy to let you know as your site is right outside mine.

Let me know.

Time getting closer ladies and gentlemen!

Michael,

Sent you a PM back with my cell #.

Thank you for the offer. I'm shooting for arrival between 2-3. We are staying over outside Huntsville Friday night. That makes for an easy 6 hours into GSP.

j

And the packing list begins, it's almost like packing for the Fort!
The shopping list began about 2 weeks ago.

I'll probably bring the camper home Monday or Tuesday. I was going to wash it and the truck, but the forecast here is for rain everyday through next Saturday. By the. I'll be at the beach.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter